Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason News and Rumors

A Rod to the Jets for 2 1sts?  I'd like to see this.  Hopefully Brady goes to the Raiders.  All the top QBs would be in the AFC

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-beli...52097.html

Should the Jets trade two No. 1 picks for Rodgers?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-25-2023, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A Rod to the Jets for 2 1sts?  I'd like to see this.  Hopefully Brady goes to the Raiders.  All the top QBs would be in the AFC

I can’t imagine anyone giving up 2 1sts at Rodgers’ age, even presumed late picks.

(01-25-2023, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A Rod to the Jets for 2 1sts?  I'd like to see this.  Hopefully Brady goes to the Raiders.  All the top QBs would be in the AFC

I hope Brady goes to the Raiders because he'll be the 3rd best QB in that division and get absolutely godsmacked by Mahomes twice.

That Raiders team has no Oline, a horrible defense and 2 good pass catchers. Brady needs a situation to be absolutely perfect or he won't be winning many games.

(01-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I hope Brady goes to the Raiders because he'll be the 3rd best QB in that division and get absolutely godsmacked by Mahomes twice.

That Raiders team has no Oline, a horrible defense and 2 good pass catchers. Brady needs a situation to be absolutely perfect or he won't be winning many games.

Brady needs a life after football. The guy doesn’t know what to do with himself and he’s becoming a sad has-been who can’t let go. 

For his sake and his incredible legacy, I hope he hangs it up this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 10:22 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

No. Absolutely not.  Rodgers is about to retire.  If not this year, then next year.  Why would the Jets blow their future on a 1-year rental?  There are much better options out there.

I just don't want any veteran QB's coming into the AFC South this off season. Realistically the tinhorns will draft QB1 or QB2 depending on what happens with the Bears if a trade is involved. I could see Irsay trying, once again, for like the fourth or fifth time trying to snatch up a veteran QB to fix his [BLEEP] show of a football team.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm just hoping that the Colts don't trade for Rodgers. If that happened, the Jaguars would no longer be overwhelming favorites to win the AFC South next season.

(01-26-2023, 10:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

No. Absolutely not.  Rodgers is about to retire.  If not this year, then next year.  Why would the Jets blow their future on a 1-year rental?  There are much better options out there.
Like who?

Which QBs available are better options?

Much better options than Aaron Rodgers?  Lolol.  He still has 4 years left on his deal.  That's not a 1 year rental

Frank Reich to the Panthers. Good for him. Not a bad core of players there. Steve Wilks really does seem to get shafted though. I think he's a good football coach. Should eventually be given an opportunity to be a successful headcoach with the right ownership.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-26-2023, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 10:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No. Absolutely not.  Rodgers is about to retire.  If not this year, then next year.  Why would the Jets blow their future on a 1-year rental?  There are much better options out there.
Much better options than Aaron Rodgers?  Lolol.  He still has 4 years left on his deal.  That's not a 1 year rental

Hard to know what you are going to get from Rodgers at this point.

He seems like a guy that will fold up his tent and pack it in at the first sign of trouble these days. Likely to throw everyone around him under the bus in the process. 

I think anyone bringing him in needs to have a strong roster and be willing to take on a bumpy road dealing with the Rodgers media circus as a distraction.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Mahomes is 3-3 vs Brady in his 40s lol.  Brady just set the All time completions record setting his record from last year.  His situation was far from perfect this year and still won the division.   He had the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league and still set his own record.  If he goes to the Raiders he would be getting one of the best run gamed, an elite WR, close to elite TE, and one of the best slot WRs in the league, a upgraded LT, and interior oline from this past year.   " Brady needs a situation to be perfect or he won't win many games "  lololol.  The last the Mahomes wants to see is Brady on the Raiders .

(01-26-2023, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Much better options than Aaron Rodgers?  Lolol.  He still has 4 years left on his deal.  That's not a 1 year rental

Hard to know what you are going to get from Rodgers at this point.

He seems like a guy that will fold up his tent and pack it in at the first sign of trouble these days. Likely to throw everyone around him under the bus in the process. 

I think anyone bringing him in needs to have a strong roster and be willing to take on a bumpy road dealing with the Rodgers media circus as a distraction.
If that was the case he would of packed up and left this year.

(01-26-2023, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I hope Brady goes to the Raiders because he'll be the 3rd best QB in that division and get absolutely godsmacked by Mahomes twice.

Mahomes is 3-3 vs Brady in his 40s lol.  Brady just set the All time completions record setting his record from last year.  His situation was far from perfect this year and still won the division.   He had the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league and still set his own record.  If he goes to the Raiders he would be getting one of the best run gamed, an elite WR, close to elite TE, and one of the best slot WRs in the league, a upgraded LT, and interior oline from this past year.   " Brady needs a situation to be perfect or he won't win many games "  lololol.  The last the Mahomes wants to see is Brady on the Raiders .

(01-26-2023, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hard to know what you are going to get from Rodgers at this point.

You didn't feel like he was phoning it in this year to some extent? 
I did.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 06:58 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2023, 06:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mahomes is 3-3 vs Brady in his 40s lol.  Brady just set the All time completions record setting his record from last year.  His situation was far from perfect this year and still won the division.   He had the worst run game in the league and worst interior oline in the league and still set his own record.  If he goes to the Raiders he would be getting one of the best run gamed, an elite WR, close to elite TE, and one of the best slot WRs in the league, a upgraded LT, and interior oline from this past year.   " Brady needs a situation to be perfect or he won't win many games "  lololol.  The last the Mahomes wants to see is Brady on the Raiders .

You didn't feel like he was phoning it in this year to some extent? 
I did.
Before losing to Det. the last game of he won 4 straight to to give them a shot at the playoffs.  You didn't watch the Cowboys game if you thought he was phoning it in.  Their oline had multiple injuries all year and their best WR was a 2nd round rookie who didnt get going till mid season.  Not many QBs in the league could of done what AR done with that offense this past year.  If Rodgers goes to the Jets and they are healthy they will likely be the favorites in the AFC

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 07:51 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2023, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I hope Brady goes to the Raiders because he'll be the 3rd best QB in that division and get absolutely godsmacked by Mahomes twice.

(01-26-2023, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hard to know what you are going to get from Rodgers at this point.

Brady barely won his division and it’s arguably the weakest division in football.

And the Raiders roster is very bad. It’s not so much about Brady but more about how bad that roster is and how it wouldn’t help Brady at all.

Like I said. I hope he goes to the Raiders but he likely won’t because even he knows how bad that franchise is right now.

(01-26-2023, 06:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 06:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You didn't feel like he was phoning it in this year to some extent? 
I did.
Before losing to Det. the last game of he won 4 straight to to give them a shot at the playoffs.  You didn't watch the Cowboys game if you thought he was phoning it in.  Their oline had multiple injuries all year and their best WR was a 2nd round rookie who didnt get going till mid season.  Not many QBs in the league could of done what AR done with that offense this past year.  If Rodgers goes to the Jets and they are healthy they will likely be the favorites in the AFC

Word. 
I may have read into some of his comments and general negativity too much.
Still not sure if I trust his motivation at this stage in his career.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2023, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

(01-26-2023, 10:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Brady needs a life after football. The guy doesn’t know what to do with himself and he’s becoming a sad has-been who can’t let go. 

He can't go until he grows out them grizzled old man sideburns like George Blanda did.

....have you met the Jest?

Jets hire former Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett as new OC

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35531136/jets-hire-former-broncos-coach-nathaniel-hackett-new-oc

[Image: jets-nyj.gif]

Yeah, can we please not have rodgers and goat in the afc? We want better chances to get to the Super Bowl and not tougher chances.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:03 PM by Bullseye.)

The Jets would end up losing 2 first round picks for very short term gain.

If Rodgers has anything left, including interest in playing more than a year, it might be a little worth it for the Jets because they'd have a QB that could get them to the playoffs.  But I think Aaron Rodgers is finished.  Brady too.

(01-26-2023, 10:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Hey if the Raiders want to blow first round picks on Brady, let them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!