Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conference Title games

(01-29-2023, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 05:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I know what you mean. Niners get themselves back in it then D gives Philly 7 and the O does too. Not sure Josh Johnson is the guy to bring you back here.

Feel sorry for Shanahan, what can he do here. Was a tough game with Purdy in, baaically impossible with Johnson.

49ers had a chance if Johnson could just not drop the ball or throw it to the other team.  He can't even handle a snap properly.  12 other teams didn't think Johnson was good enough to be on a roster I'm surprised Shanahan did.  This will likely be Johnson's last game of his career.  Blake Bortles would of been a much better option than Johnson.  Re retired because he couldn't land on a team yet you have this bum on a roster
49ers never had a chance once Purdy went down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2023, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: They'll have to pay Hurts and Smith soon aswell. Not sure how many years Kelce and Lane Johnson have left in them but they've built a great team there this year. Just strong in every group.

Maybe the Eagles should think of pulling starters.

Im just talking about next year.  Kelce has already said this is his last year which is why they drafted Jurgens.  He was going to retire this past year but he came back for one more.

Oh thanks I hadn't seen that. Yeah he'll be a big miss, guy is still a monster in there.

[Image: 20230129-175047.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-29-2023, 06:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [Image: 20230129-175047.jpg]

What a mistake that'd be for the 49ers

(01-29-2023, 06:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

That's what the majority is saying on Twitter too..

Lol, Trent Williams ain't playing! Damn.

Trent Williams. Enuff!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 07:01 PM by WingerDinger.)

Hope this doesn't catch up to them in the SB.

The hells wrong with that chicks hair?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 07:03 PM by rpr52121.)

I mean it could be Brady or Carr. Also could be Lamar, D. Jones, or Geno if their current teams cannot agree to contracts with them. Having said that Purdy with a full off season is probably better than all those guys.

But if anyone should know that you need a passable back up QB, it should be K. Shanahan.

-----

I also think this game will force the NFL to reinstitute allowing teams to have an emergency QB if case both QB's get hurt.

Yes you want things to be fair, but this is also an entertainment product. If QB's are going to be protected so much from concussion, it was is inevitable for a team to go through 3-4+ QB's in a game.

(01-29-2023, 06:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hope this doesn't catch up to them in the SB.

Both the Chiefs and Bengals offense lines can be had. That will probably be the deciding factor in the SB.

(01-29-2023, 06:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What a mistake that'd be for the 49ers

That's what the majority is saying on Twitter too..

They have to see what they have in Lance and Purdy isn't going anywhere. Roll into the off season with those two and let em compete for the job. Far cheaper than signing an old and done Brady.

(01-29-2023, 07:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That's what the majority is saying on Twitter too..

They have to see what they have in Lance and Purdy isn't going anywhere. Roll into the off season with those two and let em compete for the job. Far cheaper than signing an old and done Brady.

Honestly, I just don't care. Saw the pic on Twitter, thought it was interesting.

(01-29-2023, 07:02 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I mean it could be Brady or Carr. Also could be Lamar, D. Jones, or Geno if their current teams cannot agree to contracts with them. Having said that Purdy with a full off season is probably better than all those guys.

But if anyone should know that you need a passable back up QB, it should be K. Shanahan.

-----

I also think this game will force the NFL to reinstitute allowing teams to have an emergency QB if case both QB's get hurt.

Yes you want things to be fair, but this is also an entertainment product. If QB's are going to be protected so much from concussion, it was is inevitable for a team to go through 3-4+ QB's in a game.

(01-29-2023, 06:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hope this doesn't catch up to them in the SB.

Both the Chiefs and Bengals offense lines can be had. That will probably be the deciding factor in the SB.

Shanahan has always talked highly of Trey Lance. I still think he has a shot of winning the starter spot in camp. Having Purdy in the mix gives them options. Don't think they will be desperate for a QB this offseason.

So..

Minshew get a ring?

(01-29-2023, 06:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

And for Brady. Have you seen what happens to 49er's qb's lately? Yeah, not sure his 46 year old body can take that
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(01-29-2023, 07:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So..

Minshew get a ring?

Haven't many of the prior Jags QB's got rings as back ups? Henne, Bortles, and Gabbert?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 07:13 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Shame all the QBs got hurt.  I was looking for a good, competitive, game.  It was pretty much over once Purdy got hurt and they may as well have stopped the game after Johnson got hurt.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 07:17 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-29-2023, 07:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So..

Minshew get a ring?

Haven't many of the prior Jags QB's got rings as back ups? Henne, Bortles, and Gabbert?

Didn't Brunell get one like that? 

Forget..

(01-29-2023, 07:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Shame all the QBs got hurt.  I was looking for a good, competitive, game.  It was pretty much over once Purdy got hurt and they may as well have stopped the game after Johnson got hurt.

I was actually wondering if his real name was Purdue and just didn't know about it lol

(01-29-2023, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Haven't many of the prior Jags QB's got rings as back ups? Henne, Bortles, and Gabbert?

Didn't Brunell get one like that? 

Forget..

(01-29-2023, 07:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Shame all the QBs got hurt.  I was looking for a good, competitive, game.  It was pretty much over once Purdy got hurt and they may as well have stopped the game after Johnson got hurt.

I was actually wondering if his real name was Purdue and just didn't know about it lol

Yup Brunell got one in 2009. He was backing up Brees when the Saints beat the clots in the Bowl.

Drone footage of the SF loss. 

SF has some decisions to make. I would part ways with Garoppolo. He can't finish a season, so he's never there when you really need him. As much of a feel-good story it's been, I don't think Purdy is the long-term answer. We want him to be the incarnation of Drew Brees but I don't think he is. Especially when other teams will have an offseason to study his film. How he's playing 8 games into next season will be the true test. 

In the meantime, SF has to find a proven gunner. 

[Image: v1X935.gif?fit=480%2C270&ssl=1]

(01-29-2023, 07:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Didn't Brunell get one like that? 

Forget..

Yup Brunell got one in 2009. He was backing up Brees when the Saints beat the clots in the Bowl.

That's what I thought.. I remember him as a place holder for the kicker.