Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl 57 individual matchups

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 01:31 PM by mikesez.)

What are you most looking forward to in Super Bowl 57?

I can't wait to see one of the NFLs best centers, Kelce, against one of the best DTs, Jones.  

Any other matchups we should keep an eye out for?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone who can finally stonewall Kelce. We didn't do it, the Bengals didn't do it.

I normally don't root for anything Philly related, tho I did pull for the Pedersen Eagles, and I do like the Jalen Hurts story this year. Would also like to see the Shew get a ring. So Philly it is, I suppose.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 07:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-30-2023, 05:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Someone who can finally stonewall Kelce.  We didn't do it, the Bengals didn't do it. 

I normally don't root for anything Philly related, tho I did pull for the Pedersen Eagles, and I do like the Jalen Hurts story this year.  Would also like to see the Shew get a ring.  So Philly it is, I suppose.

I think Chauncey Gardner can play him as good as anyone so far.  We shall see.  Chiefs also have 2 of the best interior olineman so it will be good to see how they do against Hargrave, Cox etc.

(01-30-2023, 01:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: What are you most looking forward to in Super Bowl 57?
Getting my BAC up to .20 and watching the commercials.

The Eagles can run the football at will at times. With that said. I am really interested in seeing if McDuffie continues his play as a rookie and can keep pace with guys like A.J Brown and Devonta Smith.

I also want to see what the Chiefs do outside of Kelce getting the football. Isiah Pacheco is the guy to watch IMHO. Love the way that kid runs. I could see him making multiple splash plays if the Eagles aren't careful.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 06:59 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-31-2023, 05:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The Eagles can run the football at will at times. With that said. I am really interested in seeing if McDuffie continues his play as a rookie and can keep pace with guys like A.J Brown and Devonta Smith.

I also want to see what the Chiefs do outside of Kelce getting the football. Isiah Pacheco is the guy to watch IMHO. Love the way that kid runs. I could see him making multiple splash plays if the Eagles aren't careful.

I think that Wash game they lost. Wash decide to crash on the RB everytime and dare them to let Hurts run that many times. But they also brought a LB over on an long elongated twist of shorts to limit the damage and get through the angles of the blocking.

Not sure the Chiefs have the personnel to pull that off, but will be interesting to see.

The main thing is can KC score points, esp TDs in the redzone, and early. Getting the Eagles to play from behind is by far their best option.

(01-30-2023, 05:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Someone who can finally stonewall Kelce.  We didn't do it, the Bengals didn't do it. 

I normally don't root for anything Philly related, tho I did pull for the Pedersen Eagles, and I do like the Jalen Hurts story this year.  Would also like to see the Shew get a ring.  So Philly it is, I suppose.

I feel like people are not giving Kelce enough credit.

He is one of the best at reading the coverage and leverage of the DB/LB in real time and being able to find open space. Then on top of that he and Mahomes currently read those things the same, so they are able to make on the fly audibles without communicating. A lot of his routes are actually options routes.

This is not something that you can stonewall, because basically every coverage or strategy has a weakness. And if you are devoting like 2.5/3 guys to Kelce, the Chiefs have to be able to take advantage of that elsewhere. Also, devoting that many people in coverage can limit the types and methods of blitzing available.

It is kind of similar to what some other elite duos have/had like Rodger-Davonta, Burrow-Chase, AB-Rothelisberger, Brady-Gronk, Manning-Harrison/Clark.

He can definitely have bad games but that is normally due to him not playing up to that standard or Mahomes not getting any protection from the line.

I personally think the Iggles had a cakewalk to the big dance, and I wanna know if they can actually compete or not. Both coaches are considered offensive masterminds, but which one is capable of abusing the opposing defense?

I figure unless Mahomes re-injures that ankle, they roll over the birds.

I'm looking forward to my chili and second half at the bar, which is becoming our tradition. The game is secondary to the rest of things we do that day.

I'm interested in seeing how the two coaches match up. I want to see how the Eagles stop Mahomes and Kelce.

(02-01-2023, 11:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: I personally think the Iggles had a cakewalk to the big dance, and I wanna know if they can actually compete or not.

They could not have asked for a better scenario.  Think about this one.  For Cinci (who finished 12-4) to get to the SB, they would have had to beat the Ravens, @Bills, and @Chiefs.

I can't stand Eagles fans. Classless yankees. I'm pulling for the chiefs.

(02-01-2023, 08:59 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I can't stand Eagles fans. Classless yankees. I'm pulling for the chiefs.

I feel seen. Wink

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 01:27 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-01-2023, 08:59 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I can't stand Eagles fans. Classless yankees. I'm pulling for the chiefs.

Visit the ChiefsPlanet message board. They are the definition of classless.

Eagles message board is tame next to them.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Once the jags went down the drain I'll be honest I lost interest in the season... Roll on the draft and pre season... That said there's something likeable about Andy Reid so I wouldn't be too disappointed if the chiefs won it.

(02-02-2023, 01:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 08:59 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I can't stand Eagles fans. Classless yankees. I'm pulling for the chiefs.

Visit the ChiefsPlanet message board.  They are the definition of classless.

I wonder what our message board will be like once the bandwagoners really hop on.

(02-02-2023, 10:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 01:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Visit the ChiefsPlanet message board.  They are the definition of classless.

I wonder what our message board will be like once the bandwagoners really hop on.

If Jags twitter is any indication of it, it won't be good.

(02-02-2023, 10:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 01:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Visit the ChiefsPlanet message board.  They are the definition of classless.

The word I would probably use would be "uninformed"

(02-01-2023, 01:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 11:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: I personally think the Iggles had a cakewalk to the big dance, and I wanna know if they can actually compete or not.

They could not have asked for a better scenario.  Think about this one.  For Cinci (who finished 12-4) to get to the SB, they would have had to beat the Ravens, @Bills, and @Chiefs.

Yeah that's rough for Cincy. I can't believe they almost pulled that off with a dog crap O-line. 

Eagles definitely didn't have a path to the SB like that.

Who yall got. I say Eagles win with DeVonta Smith MVP

Chiefs win, Pacheco is MVP.