Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence to the Pro Bowl

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does this mean Trevor is a "Pro Bowler," or is he a "Pro-Bowl fill-in?" I mean, is this really something, or is it really nothing? When his career is over, will they say he was a 10-time Pro Bowl player, or 9-time Pro Bowl player and not count this one?

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 09:59 AM by snowwolf776.)

he is aa fill in.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-31-2023, 09:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Does this mean Trevor is a "Pro Bowler," or is he a "Pro-Bowl fill-in?"  I mean, is this really something, or is it really nothing?  When his career is over, will they say he was a 10-time Pro Bowl player, or 9-time Pro Bowl player and not count this one?
You're wrong on both.

It'll say 17 time Pro-Bowl player, 13 time All-Pro and 4 time SB champion.

(01-31-2023, 09:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Does this mean Trevor is a "Pro Bowler," or is he a "Pro-Bowl fill-in?"  I mean, is this really something, or is it really nothing?  When his career is over, will they say he was a 10-time Pro Bowl player, or 9-time Pro Bowl player and not count this one?

[Image: raw]

(01-31-2023, 10:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You're wrong on both.

5 time*
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

It still actually counts as a "Pro-bowl" appearance.  Garrard got one like that and there's no asterisk that I know of.

i was talking to my brother about this yesterday. now only if they get Etienne in life will be glorious.

Yes, this is an Official Pro Bowl election with no asterisk.  

Also, this was a lot more deserved than Mack Jones nomination as a fill in during his rookie season when he threw 22 TDs and 13 Ints and was in full blown protection mode all season when their team was afraid to pass the pass in certain games.

This is well deserved

And it happened in years 2.

Great to see. Hopefully, this is just the start of many more appearances for him.

Hope he's been sharpening up his flag football skills. There are many ways to 'conceal the flag'.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Tyler Huntley was ahead of him in the selections.... =(

(01-31-2023, 10:05 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 10:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're wrong on both.

5 time*

[Image: GroundedDismalAlaskankleekai-max-1mb.gif]

(01-31-2023, 11:02 AM)VillagerChris Wrote: Tyler Huntley was ahead of him in the selections.... =(

Hence why the PB numbers should have zero bearing on HoF induction.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wait. If all the pro bowl QBs decline or are injured, shouldn't the AFC be forced to do what San Francisco was faced with and only do wildcat/emergency QB?

If he had started the season like he finished it, he wouldn't have been an alternate.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 04:40 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2023, 02:00 PM)Predator Wrote: If he had started the season like he finished it, he wouldn't have been an alternate.

True. Can't wait to see what he does with a full off season to digest everything he learned from last year. Plus another draft class coming in as well as Ridley. 

I would say he's the third best QB in the AFC right now. With Mahomes and Burrow in front of him. For now. 

I think Josh Allen has some questions to answer this year. He was a turnover machine. I'll credit that towards Brian Daboll being in New York and him having to operate with a new face at offensive coordinator. 

However, he's been around long enough now to not make some of those mistakes he made. People can try and argue with Lamar Jackson and Tua Tagovailoa.

Good luck. Both of those guys scare the HELL out of me because of the injury concerns and durability concerns. Tua may not even be in the NFL for much longer with all of the headshots he took.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-31-2023, 11:02 AM)VillagerChris Wrote: Tyler Huntley was ahead of him in the selections.... =(

I don't understand this at all. He had 2 passing TD's and 3 Int's on the season.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 08:08 PM by Eric1.)

Nothing says welcome to the popularity contest like being the 18th alternate....

(01-31-2023, 08:05 PM)IKhan't Wrote:

I don't understand this at all. He had 2 passing TD's and 3 Int's on the season.

Because the pro bowl is a joke and this is a slap in the face to Lawrence imo.