Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Enjoy something? Count on Liberal to try to tax it out of existence.......

Cigar lover speaks out against proposed 95% tax: 'Government won't be happy unless we're all smoking weed'

New York currently has the highest cigar tax in the nation

A proposed bill in the New York State Legislature has cigar lovers huffing and puffing. 
Assembly Bill A10016, introduced in April 2022, seeks to raise the tax on cigars from 75%, currently the highest in the nation, to an all-time high of 95%. 
Critics like Joe Gelormino expressed outrage over the proposal and questioned why legislators were targeting cigars instead of weed, which currently has a 13% tax rate. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cigar-love...oking-weed
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Both parties will use new taxes and regulations as part of a culture war.
Florida Republicans are working on higher registration fees for electric vehicles and hybrids.

"Stop liking what I don't like! I'll tax you!"
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

They're right about the weed comment, they need the population taking a brain dulling depressant. Nicotine, for all it's issues, is a stimulant that makes your mental acuity and cognitive function sharper; they can't have that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 01:40 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-31-2023, 12:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They're right about the weed comment, they need the population taking a brain dulling depressant. Nicotine, for all it's issues, is a stimulant that makes your mental acuity and cognitive function sharper; they can't have that.

Tell me you've never smoked a nice sativa without telling me that you've never smoked a nice sativa..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-31-2023, 01:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 12:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They're right about the weed comment, they need the population taking a brain dulling depressant. Nicotine, for all it's issues, is a stimulant that makes your mental acuity and cognitive function sharper; they can't have that.

Tell me you've never smoked a nice sativa without telling me that you've never smoked a nice sativa..

Oh I've done pretty much everything that can be smoked, snorted, or taken (no needles for me); the fact remains that long term marijuana use contributes to reductions in IQ and cognition.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 02:38 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-31-2023, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 01:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Tell me you've never smoked a nice sativa without telling me that you've never smoked a nice sativa..

Oh I've done pretty much everything that can be smoked, snorted, or taken (no needles for me); the fact remains that long term marijuana use contributes to reductions in IQ and cognition.

Then you need to restructure your sentence and remove the word "depressant".

While some strains of indica can be a depressant, some strains of sativa are not.

(01-31-2023, 02:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 02:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh I've done pretty much everything that can be smoked, snorted, or taken (no needles for me); the fact remains that long term marijuana use contributes to reductions in IQ and cognition.

Then you need to restructure your sentence and remove the word "depressant".

While some strains of indica can be a depressant, some strains of sativa are not.

Ok, fair enough. I'm not an expert on pot strains, but long term use does in fact depress your brain power.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 04:03 PM by WingerDinger.)

Some of the strains I have will make you wanna get up, plant a garden and paint your house haha

(01-31-2023, 03:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 02:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Then you need to restructure your sentence and remove the word "depressant".

Ok, fair enough. I'm not an expert on pot strains, but long term use does in fact depress your brain power.

Weed, alcohol.. What doesn't kill brain cells anymore?

I've done my homework.. Give me the weed all day long over pain pills.

(01-31-2023, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I've done my homework.. Give me the weed all day long over pain pills.

I'm not disagreeing, just stating that a certain faction of our society is going to benefit from this huge push to normalize (celebrate even) pot consumption.

I don't think anyone should be surprised by high taxation of products proven to kill people.
NY did this to cigarettes many years ago. They are just finally getting around to roping in cigars under that umbrella.

This will likely be normalized in more and more states as the years roll by regardless of the state's political majority.
Younger generations don't look at cigarettes and alcohol the way folks over 30 do and they'll be the ones making laws about regulation and taxation. Liberal, conservative, or otherwise.

I certainly don't think a taxation of a known cancer causing product should be some indication that liberal states are looking to rob anyone of enjoyment.

(01-31-2023, 05:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I've done my homework.. Give me the weed all day long over pain pills.

I'm not disagreeing, just stating that a certain faction of our society is going to benefit from this huge push to normalize (celebrate even) pot consumption.

I mean, I'm all for legalization but I'm content with having to use my Medical Card to obtain it. 

I think as long as the people who actually need it are able to be prescribed marijuana, I don't really see a problem.

They had me on fentanyl and other pain pills for close to 3-4 months. And God only knows what that [BLEEP] can do to someone long term.

I like marijuana as a pain reliever much better than pills because it's immediate and non habitual.

Plus now I only smoke it when I really need to..

(01-31-2023, 08:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 05:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not disagreeing, just stating that a certain faction of our society is going to benefit from this huge push to normalize (celebrate even) pot consumption.

I mean, I'm all for legalization but I'm content with having to use my Medical Card to obtain it. 

I think as long as the people who actually need it are able to be prescribed marijuana, I don't really see a problem.

They had me on fentanyl and other pain pills for close to 3-4 months. And God only knows what that [BLEEP] can do to someone long term.

I like marijuana as a pain reliever much better than pills because it's immediate and non habitual.

To alleviate the pain from a Jaguars loss?  lol

(02-01-2023, 11:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 08:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I mean, I'm all for legalization but I'm content with having to use my Medical Card to obtain it. 

To alleviate the pain from a Jaguars loss?  lol

I'm sure there's thousands of reasons to toke up lol

(01-31-2023, 10:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Cigar lover speaks out against proposed 95% tax: 'Government won't be happy unless we're all smoking weed'

The national debt raised by $7.8 trillion during Trump's time in office (3rd worst of any American President).  The Gov. needs to get the money back some way....

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

(02-01-2023, 02:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 10:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Cigar lover speaks out against proposed 95% tax: 'Government won't be happy unless we're all smoking weed'

The national debt raised by $7.8 trillion during Trump's time in office (3rd worst of any American President).  The Gov. needs to get the money back some way....

It must be rough dreaming about Trump (Mod Edit) every night.

(02-01-2023, 05:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 02:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The national debt raised by $7.8 trillion during Trump's time in office (3rd worst of any American President).  The Gov. needs to get the money back some way....

It must be rough dreaming about Trump draggin his sack across your forehead every night.

Must be rough having a not being able to come back with an educated rebuttal.  

That said though, it must be nice that the Mods overlook certain posts, such as the one above, whereas they conversely give warnings to certain users that create posts that are far less in violation of the site's Code of Conduct Policy.

(02-02-2023, 01:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 05:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It must be rough dreaming about Trump draggin his sack across your forehead every night.

Must be rough having a not being able to come back with an educated rebuttal.  

That said though, it must be nice that the Mods overlook certain posts, such as the one above, whereas they conversely give warnings to certain users that create posts that are far less in violation of the site's Code of Conduct Policy.

You don't deserve an educated rebuttal. Whiners don't get that privilege.

See ya tonight!!

[Image: trump-sled.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 05:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-02-2023, 02:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: See ya tonight!!

[Image: trump-sled.gif]

What's in the boxes, election ballots postmarked November 1, 2020?  lol