Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sean Payton to take over as Broncos Head coach

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 05:26 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...DwGb-t-OyQ

Russ fell off a cliff this year, but I think this hire is significant for him and the Broncos. Damn the AFC is just loaded with good coaches and talent. Payton must be getting $15 mil a year to bail this franchise out of the albatross that is Russ’s contract.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-31-2023, 05:24 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...DwGb-t-OyQ

Russ fell off a cliff this year, but I think this hire is significant for him and the Broncos. Damn the AFC is just loaded with good coaches and talent. Payton must be getting $15 mil a year to bail this franchise out of the albatross that is Russ’s contract.

This suprizes me. I didn't expect Peyton to go to a club that is basically run by committee, i.e., the WalMart conglomerate, particulary since that's not how he operated in NO under Benson and GM Loomis. Will be interesting to watch this play out.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 06:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1620...-L3ZHJEXWw

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...UUgaX5nhew

Who yall got? Ian or Adam?

Haha who knows but there is spin out there for sure trying to tamp down on the narrative Ian put forth.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 07:08 PM by rpr52121.)

Payton will have his work cut out for him. Also the whole "No head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams at any point in NFL history." seems to suggest this will not work out.

(01-31-2023, 07:07 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Payton will have his work cut out for him. Also the whole "No head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams at any point in NFL history." seems to suggest this will not work out.

You don’t think Pederson will get it done here?

(01-31-2023, 07:07 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Payton will have his work cut out for him. Also the whole "No head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams at any point in NFL history." seems to suggest this will not work out.

No QB has won a Super Bowl for two different teams... until Manning did. Then Tom Brady. 

No team had won a super bowl in their home stadium. Until the Buccaneers did. Then the Rams. 

Nobody has ever done something, until someone does it first.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(01-31-2023, 07:47 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

No QB has won a Super Bowl for two different teams... until Manning did. Then Tom Brady. 

No team had won a super bowl in their home stadium. Until the Buccaneers did. Then the Rams. 

Nobody has ever done something, until someone does it first.

Exactly this.

(01-31-2023, 05:24 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...DwGb-t-OyQ

Russ fell off a cliff this year, but I think this hire is significant for him and the Broncos.  Damn the AFC is just loaded with good coaches and talent.  Payton must be getting $15 mil a year to bail this franchise out of the albatross that is Russ’s contract.

Didn't they trade a bunch of picks for russ,  and now they are trading picks for a coach?

If this don't work out, Elway may no longer be a hero in that town.

In retrospect, not sure the Broncos would have been that high on a defensive minded head coach. They have an albatross of a contract with Russ who significantly underperformed and the priority had to be with fixing him since they’re stuck with him for the foreseeable future. They just came off a disastrous “first time head coach” hire. You’d think they’d prefer a vet this time around. Payton fits that bill more than anyone.

(01-31-2023, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who yall got?  Ian or Adam?

I think Schefter's version makes more sense on the surface. 

Does anyone think Russell Wilson is going to get his act together because he's so influenced and inspired by DeMeco Ryans? 

Now ask yourself the same question with Sean Payton inserted there.

(02-02-2023, 09:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who yall got?  Ian or Adam?

I think Schefter's version makes more sense on the surface. 

Does anyone think Russell Wilson is going to get his act together because he's so influenced and inspired by DeMeco Ryans? 

What if the problem is that Russ thinks he's A. A. Ron, but he's not?

At least with Payton, the franchise won't have the excuse of first time coach with deer in the headlights look to dismiss any failings by the franchise QB.

(02-02-2023, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think Schefter's version makes more sense on the surface. 

What if the problem is that Russ thinks he's A. A. Ron, but he's not?

At least with Payton, the franchise won't have the excuse of first time coach with deer in the headlights look to dismiss any failings by the franchise QB.

I think Russ is 100% living in an alternate reality and whatever he thinks he is - well - he ain't that.

Which is why I think whomever is appointed the task of introducing him to his real self and making something good out of that again will need to have Wilson's respect in a big way. 
In this regard, Payton likely has a better shot at this ridiculous endeavor than does Ryans. 

No disrespect to Ryans. He may be 100% worthy of all of our respect just as much as Payton is for all I know.
I'm just factoring in the celebrity mind fog of Wilson and presuming he will be more receptive to Payton's tutelage given his resumé.

Seattle knew that Wilson was approaching the cliff. Hackett's O let him fall over it, but gave him a branch to grab onto halfway down. Payton will throw him a rope and pull him up, but not all the way. Wilson still hangs over the edge. Players eventually hit their wall.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 04:13 PM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

Payton is clearly an outstanding coach, he'll have forgot more about football than I'll ever know and I have a huge amount of respect for the fact he's gone into the afc West as well...

But for the life of me i just can't see this one working out...

Mike McCarthy however is currently doing handstands and eating birthday cake

(02-02-2023, 04:12 PM)cat bells Wrote: Payton is clearly an outstanding coach, he'll have forgot more about football than I'll ever know and I have a huge amount of respect for the fact he's gone into the afc West as well...

But for the life of me i just can't see this one working out...

Mike McCarthy however is currently doing handstands and eating birthday cake

Joining him is Brandon Staley and Jeff Saturday.

Always thought Sean Payton was pretty overrated.

Russel Wilson wasn't the problem (in my opinion) Nat Hacket sucks. Watch Wilson have a crazy year under Payton

(02-05-2023, 08:51 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Always thought Sean Payton was pretty overrated.

I second this.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan