Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sean Payton to take over as Broncos Head coach

Payton is a Parcells guy. I agree with the Bounty Gate thing. He ultimately took his lumps for that and what's done is done. I think Wilson knows his reputation is on the line and it's already been dragged through the mud and exposed. It's put up or shut up for him this year. That's why the Walton's went out and hired Sean Payton.

It's a copy cat league. When teams see the success we had in Jacksonville with a proven head coach they want to go out and do the same thing. Sean Payton was easily one of the best offensive minded coaches in the game for years. He's shown the ability to adapt and adjust with different styles of QB play. I think we'll see a good blend of Brees throws from the pocket and running plays like Hill.

I could easily see the Broncos turning it around just for those two reasons cited above. Experience and motivation. On both sides. Just need some of those ego's put in check. Which Payton is already getting ahead of.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2023, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 09:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Is Elijah Moore still the true #1 on that team? Lol

Looked like there is an issue with him and the coaching staff remember?  He wanted to be traded and the coaching staff didn't play him for weeks.  He still can be if they get a QB and him and the coaching staff make up.
He never was and never will be as good as Wilson. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 09:44 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2023, 09:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looked like there is an issue with him and the coaching staff remember?  He wanted to be traded and the coaching staff didn't play him for weeks.  He still can be if they get a QB and him and the coaching staff make up.
He never was and never will be as good as Wilson. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong.

Didn't you want Elijah Moore too?  It looks like your were wrong as well then.  He wasn't as good this past year but I do think he can be and will be if he gets good with the coaching staff or they trade him.

(02-10-2023, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 09:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He never was and never will be as good as Wilson. It’s ok to admit you’re wrong.

Didn't you want  Elijah Moore too?  It looks like your were wrong as well then.  He wasn't as good this past year but I do think he can be and will be if he gets good with the coaching staff or they trade him.
That’s not what we are discussing lol

Yes. I liked Elijah Moore coming out as well but once Wilson was drafted, Wilson was the clear #1 for that team. He was twice the prospect Moore was and then he proved it on the field. When the Jets took Wilson, you still believed Moore was better. And that’s the point I’m making.

(02-10-2023, 09:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 09:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Didn't you want  Elijah Moore too?  It looks like your were wrong as well then.  He wasn't as good this past year but I do think he can be and will be if he gets good with the coaching staff or they trade him.
That’s not what we are discussing lol

Yes. I liked Elijah Moore coming out as well but once Wilson was drafted, Wilson was the clear #1 for that team. He was twice the prospect Moore was and then he proved it on the field. When the Jets took Wilson, you still believed Moore was better. And that’s the point I’m making.

Wilson did have a great year, he won OROY.  With that said I dont think the Jets are getting the most out of Moore, not even close.  I never said Wilson wasn't the better prospect, Wilson went top 10 and Moore went in the 2nd, so of course he was the higher rated prospect

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 03:13 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-10-2023, 09:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 08:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: You can win with a terrible culture.  Take a look at the 2008 Florida Gators.  By culture we mean, do the players put the team first(good), or are they divas (bad).  RW lately seems like a diva, and I see no reason to believe Payton would be the one to bring him back to earth.  Payton strikes me as much more of an X's and O's guy than an "I'm going to inspire you to be a better teammate" guy.

I'm not going to speculate on exactly what Sean Payton's ability to inspire change and instill a uniform culture might be.
I'm not sure of it. 

I'll just say that he had a lot of guys bought in for a long time in New Orleans and many of them were fiercely loyal to the program. Bounty gate is a remnant of a lost era in football that the DC got away with for a while and it doesn't color my opinion of Payton. 

He's not a big sunshine and rainbows guy from what I can tell but he's a good head coach that players respect.

If he can get Wilson to respect him and accept some tough love coaching - then he's got a good shot at turning around that program, and probably a better shot than most (if not all of) the other coaching candidates available.

I don't know what happened to Russell Wilson. Got a big contract, and now it seems like he's become just as much of a diva as his celebrity wife. He might need to listen to her less, do a vanity check and try to get back to the 'humble Russ' (or at least the public image of it) that he seemed to be early in his career. Stuff like the previously referenced link isn't going to help his reputation any. He might do well to remember the Wounded Warrior miscues.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russe...help-kids/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Payton is a great coach, but I've never liked the idea of trading draft picks for non-players.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-10-2023, 03:12 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I don't know what happened to Russell Wilson.  Got a big contract, and now it seems like he's become just as much of a diva as his celebrity wife.  He might need to listen to her less.

I used to be involved within football over here and one of the things i always  found interesting was when you got players who came from big club's who had earned big money, big contracts and got used to that cosseted system/lifestyle, some, (not all but certainly some) seemed to lose a grasp on what it was that originally got the best out of them away from that environment. Maybe it was the money, the perks, the not having to do anything for themselves, who knows, but they simply couldn't readjust to being removed from that comfortable environment and often it was as though they didn't even realise it.

I suppose it could down to the definition of 'system quarterback' or not, (which all qbs are to some degree) ... but to get back to the point you make, I did look at it and wonder if he's fallen into a similar sort of mindset ... He's got used to being able to operate a certain way in Seattle and hasnt got his head around the fact he's going to need to adjust to the jolt of going somewhere they're not bothered about what he's already done! Still drifting along as 'Seattle Russ' when he's somewhere else! Big season for him. If he can't turn it around with Payton at the helm he might find he'll be out of excuses pretty quickly!

Then again ... maybe I'm just reading too much into it and talking a load of bollocks! He could just be playing like an [BLEEP] or in it for the holiday money for all i know.