Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor to Chefs

Maybe they can make something happen. If we work something out, I want to see the version of Taylor we saw this year. We do not want the Taylor from years past.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-jaguars/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2023, 08:05 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Maybe they can make something happen. If we work something out, I want to see the version of Taylor we saw this year. We do not want the Taylor from years past.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-jaguars/

It would be nice but ultimately money talks. You can't throw the bank at him so we'll have to see how it plays out. Dude will definitely attract interest on the FA market.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We do have a salary cap to get under...

But I'd the price is right

Real facts: Taylor wasn't very good last year. We can replace his production with cheaper, younger guys.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-02-2023, 05:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Real facts: Taylor wasn't very good last year. We can replace his production with cheaper, younger guys.

This. He improved a tiny bit after a few horrible seasons. He's not worth the money.

(02-02-2023, 05:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Real facts: Taylor wasn't very good last year. We can replace his production with cheaper, younger guys.

Tony Boselli says he was our best offensive lineman last year.

(02-02-2023, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The tallest midget is still a midget.

The Jaguars have a bad offensive line, if they overpay for Taylor they'll regret it.

If Taylor really wants to stay in Jax then he'll take lower-mid tier tackle money, because that's what he is.

He's right. That's also not good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-02-2023, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tony Boselli says he was our best offensive lineman last year.

Taylor was better than the rest of the line at protecting the QB.

He was not better than the rest of the line at run blocking. 

His sample size of quality pass protection = 25% of his career at this point. 

It is worth keeping in mind that he will be protecting the pass much more often than run blocking in this offense, but this whole thing will ultimately come down to dollar$.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 08:56 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2023, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tony Boselli says he was our best offensive lineman last year.

A lot of the former players are hit or miss with their analysis on these guys now. Lageman likes to give back handed compliments a lot. Which is why I like listening to him probably more than any of them. 

He'll tell you Fortner held up well for a rookie given the circumstances and the amount of games played, etc. However, he needs to get stronger this off season. Gets bullied a lot. 

He'll tell you Taylor was pretty good in pass protection but pretty much sucks in run blocking. Also cited the same feeling most of us have reservation wise. One good year out of four is concerning. 

He threw punches at Scherff when he deserved the criticism as well. Boselli is typically the happy go-lucky dude on the morning shows with Jeff and Dan because Jeff and Dan are brutally honest, more pessimistic than optimistic, etc. Boselli likes the Devil's Advocate role. A LOT.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Tony says that about every offensive lineman he's asked about I think. Lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I just think we can replace JT's production without breaking the bank by drafting another tackle. That's how you win long term, replacing non-premium guys with rookies and saving that cap money for the important players.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 12:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I just want my RT to be a much better run blocker than Taylor has been which is odd because Taylor was a very good run blocker at Florida.

He was damn good in Pass protection

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/112191786...7IydD8XCTg

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/112191807...WB88JyeyIg

If they feel like Talor's best football is ahead of him and he will continue to improve I think we resign him.

2022 was his contract year. Will he be as motivated if we give him a big front loaded contract?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 12:59 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

I would only offer Taylor a 1 year contract. 3 bad years and then suddenly decent in his contract year? I don't trust it.

Another team will probably offer him a 3 or 4 year contract. So be it.
Maybe we get a compensatory draft pick if that happens?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-02-2023, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: I would only offer Taylor a 1 year contract.  3 bad years and then suddenly decent in his contract year? I don't trust it.

Another team will probably offer him a 3 or 4 year contract.  So be it.

He's 25 going into his second contract. 

Offering a one year deal is the same as offering to arrange his move to another city. 
He'll get 4 year offers from 7 other teams.

The Cap says No.

(02-02-2023, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: I would only offer Taylor a 1 year contract.  3 bad years and then suddenly decent in his contract year? I don't trust it.

He's 25 going into his second contract. 

Offering a one year deal is the same as offering to arrange his move to another city. 
He'll get 4 year offers from 7 other teams.

21 other offensive tackles were drafted in 2019.  I know not all of those are going to make it to the market, and I know some of them haven't been regular starters, but...
Is Taylor really one of the best of that bunch? I have to think there will be multiple better options on the market for a team with the need and the money.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

So, what you are suggesting is that we use the franchise tag on Taylor then, because that is absolutely the only one year contract he would realistically sign this year.  

He's going to get offered multi-year deals by other teams for pretty good money if we don't sign him.

(02-02-2023, 03:31 PM)scottyg Wrote:

So, what you are suggesting is that we use the franchise tag on Taylor then, because that is absolutely the only one year contract he would realistically sign this year.  

He's going to get offered multi-year deals by other teams for pretty good money if we don't sign him.

Fortunately, we are not making this decision.