Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor to Chefs

(02-03-2023, 11:20 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 12:57 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: And have 20mill in dead cap?

No I don't think so

If the Jags were to release/cut Cam, they would have a $26m dead cap hit, made up of $10m unamortized signing bonus and a $16m guaranteed 2023 base salary.  Obviously, this situation will not happen.  

If the Jags were to trade Cam, the Jags would only have a $10m dead cap hit, which is the $10m of unamortized signing bonus.  The acquiring new team would be paying him his base salary and any incentives, and pick up that portion of his cap.  In a trade, the Jags would realize a 2023 salary cap savings of $12.1m (today's 2023 $22.1m cap figure less the $10m that must be accelerated and expensed).  

I don't think Jawaan Taylor is worth what he is going to get paid, and he's not going to give the Jags any meaningful hometown discount.  Robinson and Little, with a new swing tackle either acquired or drafted will be my choice for direction to go.

Ya, this is how I understood it. Cam vs Taylor, Taylor’s what 25-26 and kicked butt in a contract year. I would probably keep Taylor and trade Cam and work the draft…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why are we talking about trading Cam? No one is going to trade for him and his contract.

(02-03-2023, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:20 AM)ATLjag Wrote: If the Jags were to release/cut Cam, they would have a $26m dead cap hit, made up of $10m unamortized signing bonus and a $16m guaranteed 2023 base salary.  Obviously, this situation will not happen.  

If the Jags were to trade Cam, the Jags would only have a $10m dead cap hit, which is the $10m of unamortized signing bonus.  The acquiring new team would be paying him his base salary and any incentives, and pick up that portion of his cap.  In a trade, the Jags would realize a 2023 salary cap savings of $12.1m (today's 2023 $22.1m cap figure less the $10m that must be accelerated and expensed).  

I don't think Jawaan Taylor is worth what he is going to get paid, and he's not going to give the Jags any meaningful hometown discount.  Robinson and Little, with a new swing tackle either acquired or drafted will be my choice for direction to go.

Ya, this is how I understood it. Cam vs Taylor, Taylor’s what 25-26 and kicked butt in a contract year. I would probably keep Taylor and trade Cam and work the draft…

What else are you willing to give up to have someone take that contract? You aren't just going to deal that hit for a 5, you'll have to give Cam and a 3 or 4 and just get the 5 back in return. He's not a tempting trade candidate for any other teams, even those with a lot of space. Do you think the Falcons for example would give up 20% of their free cap space for a tackle coming off a knee surgery? That's what a trade is asking a team to accept.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Why are we talking about trading Cam? No one is going to trade for him and his contract.

This is likely true. 

Probably have to package a pick with him or something. Not ideal. 

Personally - I think they just suck it up and start Cam for one more year - but I'd love more consistent protection over there if they can find a way before his out clause comes due.  
One of the worst hits TL took last year came from Cam whiffing on a speed move to the outside.

(02-03-2023, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Why are we talking about trading Cam? No one is going to trade for him and his contract.

This is likely true. 

Probably have to package a pick with him or something. Not ideal. 

Personally - I think they just suck it up and start Cam for one more year - but I'd love more consistent protection over there if they can find a way before his out clause comes due.  
One of the worst hits TL took last year came from Cam whiffing on a speed move to the outside.

I was thinking more trading for another player say on defense who also may be coming back from injury or have a question about them. Not sure which teams taht would work for.

(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, this is how I understood it. Cam vs Taylor, Taylor’s what 25-26 and kicked butt in a contract year. I would probably keep Taylor and trade Cam and work the draft…

What else are you willing to give up to have someone take that contract? You aren't just going to deal that hit for a 5, you'll have to give Cam and a 3 or 4 and just get the 5 back in return. He's not a tempting trade candidate for any other teams, even those with a lot of space. Do you think the Falcons for example would give up 20% of their free cap space for a tackle coming off a knee surgery? That's what a trade is asking a team to accept.

IDK, these days everyone has past injuries. And big quality OL are rare, I’m sure they would find someone willing…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-03-2023, 09:23 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What else are you willing to give up to have someone take that contract? You aren't just going to deal that hit for a 5, you'll have to give Cam and a 3 or 4 and just get the 5 back in return. He's not a tempting trade candidate for any other teams, even those with a lot of space. Do you think the Falcons for example would give up 20% of their free cap space for a tackle coming off a knee surgery? That's what a trade is asking a team to accept.

IDK, these days everyone has past injuries. And big quality OL are rare, I’m sure they would find someone willing…

Unless I’m mistaken, wouldn’t trading him cost us the same in Dead cap as it would if we just paid and played him?

I don’t think the savings would be significant even if it’s not the same. 99% chance Cam is a jaguar for 2023

Cam Robinson is on the jags. That said, I’d start little at Left tackle and move Robinson to right.

(02-03-2023, 09:23 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What else are you willing to give up to have someone take that contract? You aren't just going to deal that hit for a 5, you'll have to give Cam and a 3 or 4 and just get the 5 back in return. He's not a tempting trade candidate for any other teams, even those with a lot of space. Do you think the Falcons for example would give up 20% of their free cap space for a tackle coming off a knee surgery? That's what a trade is asking a team to accept.

Since when is Cam a quality OL?

(02-04-2023, 12:38 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 09:23 PM)Ronster Wrote: IDK, these days everyone has past injuries. And big quality OL are rare, I’m sure they would find someone willing…

Since when is Cam a quality OL?

He's serviceable, at best.

(02-03-2023, 09:42 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 09:23 PM)Ronster Wrote: IDK, these days everyone has past injuries. And big quality OL are rare, I’m sure they would find someone willing…

Unless I’m mistaken, wouldn’t trading him cost us the same in Dead cap as it would if we just paid and played him?

I don’t think the savings would be significant even if it’s not the same. 99% chance Cam is a jaguar for 2023

Yes, but the actual salary would be the savings to the tune of $12m or so if traded before 6/1 and a little over $17m if he's traded after.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Gone to the Chefs.

4yrs, 80m, 60m guaranteed.

Sounds like a lot for someone with weak run blocking skills. I guess they wont run to his side as much.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We need to copy them and invest in our QB's long term health and protection. Kansas City has continued to turn the market over for big name lineman and it's paid off. Caught [BLEEP] on twitter after a local fan favorite posted the idea of swapping 1's this year with the Bears in addition to giving up next year's 1 and 3rd RD pick plus our 3rd RD pick this year for Jalen Carter or Mark Andersen.

No thanks. We're not a player away from having the balls to make those kinds of hot headed trades. I even referenced what KC has been doing above and it's the same practice Polian took with Manning. When you have a generational talent at QB? YOU [BLEEP] BUILD AND PROTECT AROUND SAID TALENT. You don't need big name pass rushers when your QB can put up 14+ points fast and your opponent is forced to play in catch up mode more often than not.

Little SHOULD be our LT this year. Robinson needs to be the RT. They're going to need to draft a promising swing tackle this year and a versatile guard as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Paying taylor to be there left tackle is very bold, as far as I’m aware didn’t he play right tackle thought out college as well

(03-13-2023, 02:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sounds like a lot for someone with weak run blocking skills.  I guess they wont run to his side as much.

I definitely didn't see this coming.  The contract numbers and the expectation of Jawaan Taylor being Orlando Brown's replacement at LT.  

(1) James Palmer on Twitter: "So my understanding is that the #chiefs are out on Orlando Brown Jr moving forward. Jawaan Taylor is expected to play LT for KC." / Twitter
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...25504?s=20

Can't wait to see Travon flatten him in our playoff game against KC this year!

For real though, good for Jawaan. I was hoping we could keep him but that's good money.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Wow. Well he’s never played left tackle as far as I know. Also, it’s interesting to see him go from not being very good for three years to having one pretty good year last season to all the sudden moving to left tackle possibly. Ok good luck. Still hate to see him go.

His best year but not worth $20 million a year. Good move allowing him to walk. Most of his career stunk.

Big contract ... It is what it is. I just hope the size of the contract, the fact that it's the chiefs and they intend to put him at LT catches a few eyes and nets us a 3rd round comp pick ... Be nice to at least recoup some value in a round where we might find a decent starter.