Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor to Chefs

(03-13-2023, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Gone to the Chefs.

4yrs, 80m, 60m guaranteed.

I knew he would ask for something like that but I didn't expect a team (much less KC) to actually offer him that.

They can have him.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Holy [BLEEP], wait a minute, they want him to play LT in Kansas City? Wow. Big, bold move on their part.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-13-2023, 02:48 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: His best year but not worth $20 million a year. Good move allowing him to walk. Most of his career stunk.

This was his only good year, yeah, screw that.

We need an OT though because Little is not good at RT.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He went from Almost maybe getting moved to guard to now playing left tackle. Hmm

I don’t know if it was Doug or his contract year, but the only thing Taylor did for us until this last season was give the refs flag throwing workouts. It will be interesting to see if he produces for KC with a flush bank account.

If can't beat em, join em I guess?

Not gonna lose any sleep over this, Walker Little can fit in there, and we will draft another guy to compete.

Chiefs are going to regret giving a subpar player that kind of money.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-02-2023, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 05:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Real facts: Taylor wasn't very good last year. We can replace his production with cheaper, younger guys.

Tony Boselli says he was our best offensive lineman last year.

That's not saying a whole lot.

(03-13-2023, 03:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tony Boselli says he was our best offensive lineman last year.

That's not saying a whole lot.

So he was the best on a line that ranked in the lower third of the league?  Kinda like being a big fish in a little pond right?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-13-2023, 02:28 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 02:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sounds like a lot for someone with weak run blocking skills.  I guess they wont run to his side as much.

I definitely didn't see this coming.  The contract numbers and the expectation of Jawaan Taylor being Orlando Brown's replacement at LT.  

(1) James Palmer on Twitter: "So my understanding is that the #chiefs are out on Orlando Brown Jr moving forward. Jawaan Taylor is expected to play LT for KC." / Twitter
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...25504?s=20

They're probably looking for pass blocking considering who their QB is. 

Bold move in any case. I don't think he's worth that kind of money but we'll see.

Best of luck to him.

See you back in JAX in 2023 AFC Championship.

(03-13-2023, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Gone to the Chefs.

4yrs, 80m, 60m guaranteed.

smell ya later

hooo dogie that's a ton of guaranteed cash.

way too rich for my blood, but this is how you earn them comp picks

He will do well there

Atb

(03-13-2023, 03:58 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 03:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: That's not saying a whole lot.

So he was the best on a line that ranked in the lower third of the league?  Kinda like being a big fish in a little pond right?

Boselli is a glass half full kind of guy. Locally I tend to perk my ears up a bit more when Leon Searcy starts talking offensive line play. He tends to be more truthful in his assessments. Lageman is hit or miss as well on his hand. He flat out said Fortner needs to get in the weight room this summer and get stronger though. Got knocked back too much as a rookie.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023, 04:42 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-13-2023, 04:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 03:58 PM)Jag149 Wrote: So he was the best on a line that ranked in the lower third of the league?  Kinda like being a big fish in a little pond right?

Boselli is a glass half full kind of guy. Locally I tend to perk my ears up a bit more when Leon Searcy starts talking offensive line play. He tends to be more truthful in his assessments. Lageman is hit or miss as well on his hand. He flat out said Fortner needs to get in the weight room this summer and get stronger though. Got knocked back too much as a rookie.

I heard him say that about Luke also. It was a day when some random lady called the show and said Luke was playing well for a rookie and given up 0 sacks.

As far as Taylor. I enjoyed his improvements as I was one of the first to see it, but 60 mill we just couldn’t do.

Keep your eye on the prize boys…Lawrence is coming up next year and it will be the biggest contract you’ve ever seen.

(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Boselli is a glass half full kind of guy. Locally I tend to perk my ears up a bit more when Leon Searcy starts talking offensive line play. He tends to be more truthful in his assessments. Lageman is hit or miss as well on his hand. He flat out said Fortner needs to get in the weight room this summer and get stronger though. Got knocked back too much as a rookie.

I heard him say that about Luke also. It was a day when some random lady called the show and said Luke was playing well for a rookie and given up 0 sacks.

Yep. I used to get caught up a lot on sacks allowed and sacks forced. My mind is starting to change a little bit towards looking at the finer details. The NFL has some of the best of the best when it comes to coaching, scheming and planning as well as the best football players out there. 

You can't expect all of your guys to always win but there's always room for improvement if you're being honest with yourself. I really didn't give this offensive line much of a look unless it was the obvious blown blocking assignment, etc. However, after Lawrence took that awkward hit in Detroit that banged up his planting foot's toe? 

I started looking a lot more closely. It's scary what he and Pederson pulled off in one year. If they can just give him a little bit more time though he's capable of being a menace to society in the NFL. He could REALLY be another Manning. He processes information quickly and his arm talent is off the charts. I just hope this front office gives him his due while he's young.

(03-13-2023, 04:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I heard him say that about Luke also. It was a day when some random lady called the show and said Luke was playing well for a rookie and given up 0 sacks.

Yep. I used to get caught up a lot on sacks allowed and sacks forced. My mind is starting to change a little bit towards looking at the finer details. The NFL has some of the best of the best when it comes to coaching, scheming and planning as well as the best football players out there. 

You can't expect all of your guys to always win but there's always room for improvement if you're being honest with yourself. I really didn't give this offensive line much of a look unless it was the obvious blown blocking assignment, etc. However, after Lawrence took that awkward hit in Detroit that banged up his planting foot's toe? 

I started looking a lot more closely. It's scary what he and Pederson pulled off in one year. If they can just give him a little bit more time though he's capable of being a menace to society in the NFL. He could REALLY be another Manning. He processes information quickly and his arm talent is off the charts. I just hope this front office gives him his due while he's young.

They better or the city will never forgive Khan. Also gotta think about Dougy P down the road too and get his pockets right. 

When your team has a 200 to 400 million dollar QB, we won’t have the luxury of having big contracts throughout the roster. I’m thinking somewhere around 250m. He’s the real deal.

(03-13-2023, 02:50 PM)cat bells Wrote: Big contract ... It is what it is. I just hope the size of the contract, the fact that it's the chiefs and they intend to put him at LT catches a few eyes and nets us a 3rd round comp pick ... Be nice to at least recoup some value in a round where we might find a decent starter.

What exactly has to happen for the Jaguars to net pick?

Mahomes must like running for his life.

Hate to see him go, but that's a lot of money.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023, 09:50 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(03-13-2023, 04:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. I used to get caught up a lot on sacks allowed and sacks forced. My mind is starting to change a little bit towards looking at the finer details. The NFL has some of the best of the best when it comes to coaching, scheming and planning as well as the best football players out there. 

They better or the city will never forgive Khan. Also gotta think about Dougy P down the road too and get his pockets right. 

When your team has a 200 to 400 million dollar QB, we won’t have the luxury of having big contracts throughout the roster. I’m thinking somewhere around 250m. He’s the real deal.

Meanwhile Jawan Taylor gets inked to a team with a QB on a HALF BILLION dollar contract..

I get what you're saying tho, but it's funny.

(03-13-2023, 09:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Hate to see him go, but that's a lot of money.

I don't hate Jawan Taylor but he was terrible until his contract year.. I'm not that upset, I would have been more upset if we paid him that contract.