Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor to Chefs

(03-14-2023, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Compensatory picks used to be about players lost and gained as free agents only.
Recently they added coaches lost vs coaches gained.  If your assistant coaches are leaving for better positions and you're replacing them with coaches with lower resumes, that means you're developing coaching talent and they reward that with compensatory picks now.  Especially if those coaches are black.  Hopefully the black part is temporary, once there is a fair amount of representation for black coaches, they will phase that out.

Right you are sir ...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl...d%20picks.

Besides the fact I thought he was a good coach in amongst some bad apples, a good team man and a jag it was another reason I was aggrieved we lost McCardell when we did!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2023, 09:50 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I said Taylor would get crazy overpaid if he hit FA and boy did he get overpaid.

$60m guaranteed??!! No thank you.

We can use that cap to help the team in many other areas.

To play LT. A bit of a different story. I don't think anybody on here would have said that was a possibility. He hasn't played LT since his 2nd year at Florida and up until last season he was borderline replaceable at RT. 

This is a massive gamble for the Chiefs. But, just like with our QB, some of their offensive line woes can be masked by the fact that Mahomes is just too damn good with reading, reacting and creating. 

They did this before with Orlando Brown Jr. Which is interesting. Somebody pointed out that Orlando gave up 50+ pressures last year and Taylor gave up half that. Okay? Again, that was at RT, not LT. Two different positions, two separate sets of challenges presented at each position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Taylor is making 6 mil more per year than arguably the greatest TE of All Time. Smh

(03-14-2023, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Taylor is making 6 mil more per year than arguably the greatest TE of All Time.  Smh

At a position he has not played since his sophomore year at Florida based on one "okay" year at RT. 

I am really looking forward to seeing Allen and/or Walker putting him on his [BLEEP] twice this season. I hope Caldwell sends the house in his direction at some point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Smile 

(03-14-2023, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Taylor is making 6 mil more per year than arguably the greatest TE of All Time.  Smh

Really .... That's an incredible stat...

I didn't realise Marcedes Lewis was on that much!!

Wink

(03-14-2023, 10:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 11:49 PM)jaglyn Wrote: The Chiefs are so dumb, no wonder they suck  ; P

We knew they were dumb when they signed Mahommes to a 10 year $450m contract (avg. $45m per season) a few years ago.

Who would ever pay a QB in the range of $45m per year (that's not a rising star like Daniel Jones).

I'm just here for the whooshes...bring em on!

Yesterdays price is not todays price. The price went up.

(03-15-2023, 08:59 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Yesterdays price is not todays price. The price went up.

Actually, the position changed, but sure, that too.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 10:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This has probably been the worst signing of the off season. Has already been benched twice and then the face mask for the safety to give the Jets all the momentum. Not to mention getting owned by Hutch and Walker drew a few penalties on him

Glad we dodged that bullet

Jawan Taylor was always below average here, he got away with a lot of BS last season and got paid for it. I'm extremely glad we didn't waste the money on him, i'd rather have Cam Robinson/Little than Jawan.

Funny thing is I believe when we played KC last year he had a good game. Left injured but came back an played through the injury to finish the game. Somehow I believe that game is what got the Chefs to pay him I expect there is a bit of buyers remorse at the moment. Also, I bet he is lighting up the fan message boards.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 04:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bartch and Fortner both have a much higher grade than Taylor lol. It's comical

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawaan-taylor/41665

(10-04-2023, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bartch and Fortner both have a much higher grade than Taylor lol.  It's comical

Taylor 40.4
Bartch 55.5
Fortner 54.1

They're all terrible

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2023, 04:39 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Slightly confused why the Jawaan Taylor thread is under The Home Team section.  I know many of you get your panties in a wad when posts regarding former players, who now play for another NFL team, are in The Home Team section.

(10-04-2023, 04:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bartch and Fortner both have a much higher grade than Taylor lol.  It's comical

Taylor 40.4
Bartch 55.5
Fortner 54.1

They're all terrible

Like I said, Fortner and Bartch both have grades much higher than Taylor.

(10-04-2023, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 04:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Taylor 40.4
Bartch 55.5
Fortner 54.1

They're all terrible

Like I said, Fortner and Bartch both have grades much higher than Taylor.

your definition of "much higher" is apparently the difference between " terrible" and  "really bad"

(10-04-2023, 05:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Like I said, Fortner and Bartch both have grades much higher than Taylor.

your definition of "much higher" is apparently the difference between " terrible" and  "really bad"
A 14 or 15 point difference is a big difference on pff grading scale.  If Fortner had a 70 pff grade this oline would look much different

(10-04-2023, 06:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  your definition of "much higher" is apparently the difference between " terrible" and  "really bad"
A 14 or 15 point difference is a big difference on pff grading scale.  If Fortner had a 70 pff grade this oline would look much different

Bruh 

Going from 40 to 55 ain't the same thing as going 55 to 70
LOL

Taylor had one good year so far.