Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers request interview with Jim Bob Cooter

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Please move it, if it's not. I saw this in ESPN this morning and I found it quite disturbing. The Panthers want an interview with our Passing Game Coordinator, Jim Bob Cooter for their Offensive Coordinator position. I liked the Cooter hiring when we made it and he has done a great job here, helping Trevor rise from the ashes of his rookie season to lead us to the playoffs and make his first Pro Bowl. I know it's part of the game to eventually lose your best position coaches to other teams, but I am hoping we have more time with Jim Bob. Hopefully, the Panthers find someone else for the position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2023, 01:53 PM)IKhan't Wrote: I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Please move it, if it's not. I saw this in ESPN this morning and I found it quite disturbing. The Panthers want an interview with our Passing Game Coordinator, Jim Bob Cooter for their Offensive Coordinator position. I liked the Cooter hiring when we made it and he has done a great job here, helping Trevor rise from the ashes of his rookie season to lead us to the playoffs and make his first Pro Bowl. I know it's part of the game to eventually lose your best position coaches to other teams, but I am hoping we have more time with Jim Bob. Hopefully, the Panthers find someone else for the position.

Promote Jim Bob to offensive coordinator to keep him here, then give Press Taylor his true title = Pederson's coffee fetcher.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 03:09 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

We still have Mike McCoy. It would be nice to keep the band together but I don't think it will be a big deal with McCoy, Taylor, and Pederson still here

You have got to keep him here solely because of the name. Where else is a name like that going to fit more perfectly than in Jax?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

People always looking to steal Cooter.
Common issue.

This is part of the process. Trevor will get tons of guys jobs in this league. As long as we get to keep 16 not much else matters.

Dude has the most alabama sister lovin name i've ever heard in my life.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 12:50 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alternate headline: Panthers are single and lookin’ to mingle.

Probably won’t happen but it’ll open the door for McCardell to be promoted to WR/PCG

It's inevitable to loose coaches when you begin to have success. Carolina's HC may know of his background and or wants to copy Peterson's gaming plan(s) so they too can have such success. Maybe, Maybe Not. When we continue to have success I expect to loose coaches as every other team does except for K.C.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Which brings up the inevitable question: when a team has an offensive coordinator (Press Taylor), a passing game coordinator (Jim Bob Cooter), and a quarterback coach (Mike McCoy), what does the passing game coordinator do specifically?

(02-03-2023, 06:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Which brings up the inevitable question: when a team has an offensive coordinator (Press Taylor), a passing game coordinator (Jim Bob Cooter), and a quarterback coach (Mike McCoy), what does the passing game coordinator do specifically?
Coordinates the passing game. Obviously.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-03-2023, 06:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Which brings up the inevitable question: when a team has an offensive coordinator (Press Taylor), a passing game coordinator (Jim Bob Cooter), and a quarterback coach (Mike McCoy), what does the passing game coordinator do specifically?

studies film and provides input to the OC regarding the passing game, specifically. Things like defensive tendency/weakness, offensive countermeasures, etc.

although, I gotta give the googs some credit for #2 search result:
Quote:In Matt Nagy's offense, the passing game coordinator's job is to ensure the offense will be prepared to punt.

I would imagine the PGC is kind of a middle manager type, working with OL, WR and RB coaches to develop plays, players and advise OC of which are working and which are not. Saves the OC time doing that to focus on game week prep and such.

(02-03-2023, 09:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 06:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Which brings up the inevitable question: when a team has an offensive coordinator (Press Taylor), a passing game coordinator (Jim Bob Cooter), and a quarterback coach (Mike McCoy), what does the passing game coordinator do specifically?

studies film and provides input to the OC regarding the passing game, specifically. Things like defensive tendency/weakness, offensive countermeasures, etc.

although, I gotta give the googs some credit for #2 search result:
Quote:In Matt Nagy's offense, the passing game coordinator's job is to ensure the offense will be prepared to punt.

I would imagine the PGC is kind of a middle manager type, working with OL, WR and RB coaches to develop plays, players and advise OC of which are working and which are not. Saves the OC time doing that to focus on game week prep and such.

It sounds to me like he's the Assistant Offensive Coordinator.  Helps draw up plays, provides input during the game, etc.

Not surprised Cooter is wanted by other teams.However, we need to do whatever we can to keep him here.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-03-2023, 10:44 AM)Butters Wrote: Not surprised Cooter is wanted by other teams.However, we need to do whatever we can to keep him here.

It's always easier to keep Cooter around than to find a replacement. Then you have to download a bunch of new apps and everything....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-03-2023, 02:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 10:44 AM)Butters Wrote: Not surprised Cooter is wanted by other teams.However, we need to do whatever we can to keep him here.

It's always easier to keep Cooter around than to find a replacement. Then you have to download a bunch of new apps and everything....

Sounds like my weekend...  Laughing
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan