Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Letter To Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence

Really, really good read. That kid is wise beyond his years. Glad he put it out there.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/...le-jaguars

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Make him a Jag for life.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 12:49 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

Give him a blank check.

A few things jump out at me:

1. It's still understated just how bad the Urban era was.
2. Trevor calling Jacksonville home gives me goosebumps
3. I feel like he truly understands just how passionate this fanbase is. We have been through it all man.
4. Not only is he a great player but he seems like a great person.

This quote got me

"One of the things I remember from last season is thinking, How will we ever get guys to want to stay here? Or even come here? It’s only a year ago that I was worried about that. And now what I hear is guys talking about how this is a family. I hear guys talking like they know this is one of the best organizations in football, and they wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Like we’re building something here for the long haul. And stuff like that, man…. It feels good. It makes me really proud to be a Jaguar."

I'm glad and proud to be a Jags fan. DTWD

Great player, better person.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

That’s a Leader.

Yeah. There was quite a few goose bump inducing moments in there. Love to see that. He's very stoic at the press boxes but there's no question regarding his competitiveness and drive.

I liked how he sat down with Zay and Christian post Detroit game and was going through the motions and then he's like, yeah, can't lose another one. Then he reels off the games that they won in his own way. LOL. I loved that probably the most.

This kid is the right guy for this team and this city. He clicks. He gets it. Thank God we have our QB and we have the right coach now to keep building him up and around him. We're going to win a Lombardi here guys. It's coming. Could be next year, could be three, five years from now.

It's coming here though. I know that for sure.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Man, this letter made my day. Such a great take by Trevor.

Great read.

I don't care where we play or who week one is against. I'm gonna be there. This kid has brought a new energy to my Fandom that I haven't felt since the MJD years. Such an upstanding dude and hes got that quiet fire.
What a great read this was.

Good read.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 01:40 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good read.  tacks front office is literally shaking right now.

https://twitter.com/fcn2go/status/162296...dZCGrfXQNQ

I had heard about this letter but I hadn't read it until just now. What really jumps out at me is just how heartfelt and genuine it is. It's not just a guy saying platitudes to try to stir up season ticket interest, this is a guy that really, really get's it. He's what we've needed here really since the inception of the franchise and his pairing with Pederson is one of those happy coincidences in sports that is going to pay dividends for a really long time.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-08-2023, 01:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I had heard about this letter but I hadn't read it until just now. What really jumps out at me is just how heartfelt and genuine it is. It's not just a guy saying platitudes to try to stir up season ticket interest, this is a guy that really, really get's it. He's what we've needed here really since the inception of the franchise and his pairing with Pederson is one of those happy coincidences in sports that is going to pay dividends for a really long time.
Thank you Frank Gore!

The King of the South resides in Jacksonville, Florida.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

So much talent and character

(02-08-2023, 01:36 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Good read.  tacks front office is literally shaking right now.

Yeah. That's ownership pressing to get it going with Vrabel after canning the General Manager. Very interesting if the pull it off. Moving up to draft CJ Stroud or Bryce Young and then I would imagine the tinhorns take the other guy. 

I could even see the clots getting desperate and drafting a guy like Will Levis or Anthony Richardson.

He is or will be the best thing that has ever happened to this organization

(02-08-2023, 01:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 01:36 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Good read.  tacks front office is literally shaking right now.

Yeah. That's ownership pressing to get it going with Vrabel after canning the General Manager. Very interesting if the pull it off. Moving up to draft CJ Stroud or Bryce Young and then I would imagine the tinhorns take the other guy. 

I could even see the clots getting desperate and drafting a guy like Will Levis or Anthony Richardson.

This is a so-so QB draft at best, and a bad one at worst. Young is very talented, but he reminds me of Tua with his frame. I predict he'll be injured a lot. Stroud is the one with the most potential. I hope he ends up in the NFC. The AFC has enough young QB talent -- Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Allen.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Read it and there are no words, just Wow.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-08-2023, 01:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Please please please plase