Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack proved he can play outside

I don't think he is ready quarterback the defense yet. But he showed against the Falcons that he can play outside LB or whatever Bradley calls it.

How in the world can we play Skuta over Jack?

Poz is still a quality LB. And Smith ain't going nowhere, but Jack has to be on the field as a starter.

Did you see enough to say he is ready to play along side Poz and Telvin?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think he is ready quarterback the defense yet. But he showed against the Falcons that he can play outside LB or whatever Bradley calls it.

How in the world can we play Skuta over Jack?

Poz is still a quality LB. And Smith ain't going nowhere, but Jack has to be on the field as a starter.

Did you see enough to say he is ready to play along side Poz and Telvin?

He played Smiths position, so I don't think they're playing alongside each other anytime soon.

Quote:He played Smiths position, so I don't think they're playing alongside each other anytime soon.

I just don't see how a coach could not play the 3 best linebackers on the roster.

Poz is our middle linebacker

Smith is not going anywhere

But Skuta over Jack....I seriously don't see how.

Good enough to bench Smith on run downs, IMO.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Good enough to bench Smith on run downs, IMO.

I'd rather see Smith benched on passing downs if we're going that route.

Smith is aweful in coverage.

Jack will be better than all of them. Just get him on the field.

Quote:Jack will be better than all of them. Just get him on the field.

I'm starting to feel this way too. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick. I just want him on the field. At this point, I don't care how.

Get rid of Cyp and just play Jack in the box.

In all seriousness though Jack has to at least play on 3rd down. Do you scrap Poz who is slow, not great in coverage but can run the D, or do you scrap Telvin who has the athleticism but is awful in coverage.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:Get rid of Cyp and just play Jack in the box.

In all seriousness though Jack has to at least play on 3rd down. Do you scrap Poz who is slow, not great in coverage but can run the D, or do you scrap Telvin who has the athleticism but is awful in coverage.
I say scrap Poz and Smith on passing downs. Bring in Jack and an extra DB.

Quote:I say sharp Poz and Smith on passing downs. Bring in Jack and an extra DB.

I'd like to see that. Prince-House-Colvin..Jack-Ramsey..Gibson-Cyp.

Quote:I'd like to see that. Prince-House-Colvin..Jack-Ramsey..Gibson-Cyp.

Yeah me too. Bump Ramsey in there with Jack. They would cover 1 million times better than Smith and Poz.

Quote:Yeah me too. Bump Ramsey in there with Jack. They would cover 1 million times better than Smith and Poz.

Its not like you lose too much size or tackling either. Jack and Ramsey both can hit hard. Might struggle to get off blocks but I can live with that.

I've been quietly calling for that for a while. Arizona seems to make it work - really well. We have the personnel for it.

Quote:Yeah me too. Bump Ramsey in there with Jack. They would cover 1 million times better than Smith and Poz.

That would be interesting. I wouldn't hate it at all
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Move Jack to SS in base.

The SS position plays in the box a lot of the time anyway. And he could cover TE's.

He is probably faster than Cyprien too. 

Honestly, what can Cyp do better or more athletically than Jack?

NOTHING

If Gus doesn't atleast try this, then just wow.

I'm just a fan, but an idiot would know to put your best players on the field

If Skuta is on the field over Jack then Bradley just needs to call a timeout and look at the jumbo screen and read "your done"

Telvin is going to the bench sooner rather than later because of Jack.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Telvin is going to the bench sooner rather than later because of Jack.

Why not Skuta instead of Smith

Skuta's role and position responsibilities are much different than Telvin's. Telvin is a liability in coverage. Skuta's role is run support and rushing the passer.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway