Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack proved he can play outside

Quote:Why not Skuta instead of Smith

Wrong LB spot.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess I look at Jack as a top 5 pick that can play any linebacker spot.

Why not put jack at weak side, poz in middle, and telvin at Otto? Telvin is just as good if not better than skuta in run support and about equal in pass rush

Quote:Why not put jack at weak side, poz in middle, and telvin at Otto? Telvin is just as good if not better than skuta in run support and about equal in pass rush

Telvin would get swallowed up at OTTO.

Quote:Telvin would get swallowed up at OTTO.

Apparently skuta does too since he never seems to do anything

Quote:Apparently skuta does too since he never seems to do anything

Guys playing on the strongside, such as Skuta and Odrick, seem to be invisible. Their jobs are to set the edge, eat blocks, allowing one of the other LBS to make the tackle.

Not saying Skuta is a world burner, but I think he's decent enough as a strongside backer. He will line up at LEO at times, so maybe he will make some flash plays.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Telvin is going to the bench sooner rather than later because of Jack.
You're a fool if you think this.

Quote:You're a fool if you think this.

No, he's not.

Jack is better at Telvin's position.  It may relegate Telvin to nickel downs and/or special assignments/substitutions.

That's not a bad thing.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:No, he's not.

Jack is better at Telvin's position.  It may relegate Telvin to nickel downs and/or special assignments/substitutions.

That's not a bad thing.
How do you know Jack is better than Telvin? You're really going off of 4 pre season games against 3rd stringers? The guy is one of the best young LB's in the league, and you're going to bench him as a special sub package player?

Quote:You're a fool if you think this.

Poz gets the wrath of the fan base for his limited pass defense, and deservedly so, but Telvin looks lost time and time again in pass coverage too. Telvin is on notice.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Poz gets the wrath of the fan base for his limited pass defense, and deservedly so, but Telvin looks lost time and time again in pass coverage too. Telvin is on notice.
Just like Jack bit on PA last night? Telvin is one of our emerging young players, and was one of the only bright spots on defense last year. 

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 06:00 PM by Sosa.)

When Poz steps down, who is going to replace him? We drafted Jack just for that, Telvin next to him, and hopefully we add a dominate Otto through the draft. It doesn't make sense to bench Telvin, and still have the same issue at MLB, and Otto.

If I'm gus, I'm going to find a way to get both of them on the field together. Tremendous talents wasted if either of them are on the bench.

Quote:Just like Jack bit on PA last night? Telvin is one of our emerging young players, and was one of the only bright spots on defense last year.

Bright spot on the worst defense in the league. Sweet. If you truly believe Telvin is a better player than Jack then you've been rolling with Blackmon.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Are we honestly going to bench a guy who has played pretty well and was voted in the top 100 players in the NFL this season? 

I don't know where to put all of these guys, but it will not sit well with me to have that talent on the bench.

Do we trade Telvin? Do we sit him until Poz is gone? 

I recommend changing LB schemes to fit our 3 best LBs. But how in the world do you do that just before the season starts?

So confused..... Somethings gotta give.

Quote:Bright spot on the worst defense in the league. Sweet. If you truly believe Telvin is a better player than Jack then you've been rolling with Blackmon.
Haha, where are you coming up with Jack being better than Telvin? If that was the case, he would've been out there with the starters this pre-season. Instead, he was playing with 3rd stringers and of course would look good.

May I remind you Telvin was a dominant player on a trash unit, and was playing against other starters. It's hard to have the production Telvin had, with a bottom 5 defense. Saints had the worst defense in the league, btw.

Quote:Are we honestly going to bench a guy who has played pretty well and was voted in the top 100 players in the NFL this season? 

I don't know where to put all of these guys, but it will not sit well with me to have that talent on the bench.

Do we trade Telvin? Do we sit him until Poz is gone? 

I recommend changing LB schemes to fit our 3 best LBs. But how in the world do you do that just before the season starts?

So confused..... Somethings gotta give.
Someone with brains, thank you. If we have plans to bench Telvin, (which is dumb) his talents are wasted. I'd rather trade him for high draft picks and draft a MLB.

232 tackles

2 INT's

5 FF

Top 100 2016

Should've made pro bowl

Yeah, lets bench him. 

Quote:If Skuta is on the field over Jack then Bradley just needs to call a timeout and look at the jumbo screen and read "your done"
Then Gus would spend the rest of the game pondering what of his is done.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

If a guy is very good but you have someone better at his position, you trade him and upgrade your talent at another position.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

If we bench telvin we are even worse coached than I could have ever imagined. Puz is who needs benching, and bady. He cant cover a lineman in coverage. He is done. Telvin and Myles should be the nickel LBs and idk why everyone says telvin is bad in coverage hes lightyears better than any other LB on the team not named myles jack