Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack proved he can play outside

I wish we could get rid of the OTTO and just use SAM. Plug Jack in at SAM. I know he would be better at WLB but lets put all 3 of our best linebackers out there. Jack has sideline to sideline speed and he is always near the ball. Our run defense would be great.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we bench telvin we are even worse coached than I could have ever imagined. Puz is who needs benching, and bady. He cant cover a lineman in coverage. He is done. Telvin and Myles should be the nickel LBs and idk why everyone says telvin is bad in coverage hes lightyears better than any other LB on the team not named myles jack
Naw man, LB's should have coverage skills of a DB.

A good defensive coach would have the knowledge and the awareness to fit his defense around the talent that he has rather than trying to replicate another team which has multiple All-pro type players to run the scheme.

Quote: Telvin and Myles should be the nickel LBs and idk why everyone says telvin is bad in coverage hes lightyears better than any other LB on the team not named myles jack

Which is why Jack is on/Telvin is off in base 4-3.

We're playing more nickel than not, so it wouldn't be a traditional "benching" if Telvin is out on run downs.

It's about putting the best guys on the field by situation.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Seattle ran their scheme because it fit their personnel, and put ALL of their best players on the field at once. 

So we're trying to force that scheme, even though it barely fits our players. We have a sub par OTTO (sorry, but he doesn't do much) in Skuta, but can't replace him due to the physical requirements of that position. We'll be keeping either Jack or Telvin on the bench every snap, just cause.

Quote:A good defensive coach would have the knowledge and the awareness to fit his defense around the talent that he has rather than trying to replicate another team which has multiple All-pro type players to run the scheme.

And as of now, we don't know if Gus is going to do that or not. For all we know, he could put them all on the field
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wish we could just run a 3-4.

the otto position is stupid

Quote:I wish we could just run a 3-4.
Problems solved.

Quote:I wish we could get rid of the OTTO and just use SAM. Plug Jack in at SAM. I know he would be better at WLB but lets put all 3 of our best linebackers out there. Jack has sideline to sideline speed and he is always near the ball. Our run defense would be great.

It's pretty much what OTTO is.  SAM with additional roles depending on the situation.

Cute names added to differentiate something that isn't far removed from traditional 4-3 at all.  Just a few non-traditional roles/responsibilities mixed into the 4-3 playbook.  Somewhat like drummers using traditional grip vs matched grip.  Different techniques to accomplish what is mostly the same.

Fowler would be the 4th

Quote:I wish we could just run a 3-4.
Idk if our dline players besides Malik are really suited for it

and wed still have no edge rush but at least we could get all our good Lbs on the field

Fowler and Yannick would be your edge rushers. Jackson and Odrick at ends. Day at nose tackle.

Quote:Fowler and Yannick would be your edge rushers. Jackson and Odrick at ends. Day at nose tackle.
Miller at NT, he would be a monster.

Quote:Miller at NT, he would be a monster.

Poz and Jack as LB?

Gus is a buffoon. He isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Telvin, or Ramsey. He's just gonna plug them into his stupid scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll, even if it means Telvin or Jack rides the pine for Dan friggin Skuta.

Dopey Gus rode the coat tails of Pete Carroll for years, and doesn't know how to adjust the scheme he learned to fit the talent of the defense. He got hired here and brought in all of his North Dakota buddies to run a bottom 3 defense every year. The guy is way in over his head.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Gus is a buffoon. He isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Telvin, or Ramsey. He's just gonna plug them into his stupid scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll, even if it means Telvin or Jack rides the pine for Dan friggin Skuta.

Dopey Gus rode the coat tails of Pete Carroll for years, and doesn't know how to adjust the scheme he learned to fit the talent of the defense. He got hired here and brought in all of his North Dakota buddies to run a bottom 3 defense every year. The guy is way in over his head.

I'm being serious. This is the post of the year.

I'm going to wait until week 1 to see what he does.

But if we have to sit Smith or Jack on the bench for Skuta, then he just needs to be fired immediately.

Quote:Poz and Jack as LB?
Fowler/Yannick            Poz             Telvin/Jack             Jack/Telvin

Quote:Gus is a buffoon. He isn't smart enough to utilize versatile players like Jack, Telvin, or Ramsey. He's just gonna plug them into his stupid scheme that he stole from Pete Carroll, even if it means Telvin or Jack rides the pine for Dan friggin Skuta.

DisGUSting Badley

Quote:Fowler and Yannick would be your edge rushers. Jackson and Odrick at ends. Day at nose tackle.
so wed still have no edge rush

Day isnt a nose tackle lol