Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack proved he can play outside

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 08:15 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:Probably not as widespread as it is now, but there were plenty of us saying he is a liability in coverage since last year.

I'm not calling you a liar, but I honestly don't remember this. The team was 29th vs the pass last year, so I guess that at some point someone probably said something negative about Telvin's pass coverage last season. I really don't think he had a reputation as a bad player in pass coverage though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not calling you a liar, but I honestly don't remember this. The team was 29th vs the pass last year, so I guess that at some point someone probably said something negative about Telvin's pass coverage last season. I really don't think he had a reputation as a bad player in pass coverage though.
He had coverage issues at times but he was a second year player. Being out of place at times is just part of the normal learning process.

Obviously most people in the know don't consider it some sort of glaring weakness that can't be overcome. Otherwise, they would not have been voted into the top 100.

Quote:I'm not calling you a liar, but I honestly don't remember this. The team was 29th vs the pass last year, so I guess that at some point someone probably said something negative about Telvin's pass coverage last season. I really don't think he had a reputation as a bad player in pass coverage though.
As someone who criticized Telvin's ability to cover last season, I will attest that there were a few of us who did this. 

Quote:As someone who criticized Telvin's ability to cover last season, I will attest that there were a few of us who did this.

If we had to to bench someone on passing downs to put Jack on the field, would you rather it be Smith or Poz?

Quote:This fan base hates Telvin Smith I guess. I had no idea he was such an awful player, I must be really really blind. Cut him now.

Dude you act like this guy is LT or something. He's a nice player but Jack is an upgrade. Telvin starts on less than half the teams in the NFL. Btw, it's embarrassing to continue to cite the "Top 100" which is a ridiculous popularity contest easily manipulated by a group of voters. Is Telvin a top 10 LB? No way. Dave going to pay him big? No way.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Dude you act like this guy is LT or something. He's a nice player but Jack is an upgrade. Telvin starts on less than half the teams in the NFL. Btw, it's embarrassing to continue to cite the "Top 100" which is a ridiculous popularity contest easily manipulated by a group of voters. Is Telvin a top 10 LB? No way. Dave going to pay him big? No way.
You know what you're talking about? No way.

Quote:You know what you're talking about? No way.

Top 10 LB in NFL because of the "Top 100?" Hahahahahaha
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:Top 10 LB in NFL because of the "Top 100?" Hahahahahaha
Tell me where I said Top 10.

You cite the "Top 100" to justify your position. According to your poll he's the #10 ranked LB in the NFL.

Telvin's the best.... apparently.

Quote:You cite the "Top 100" to justify your position. According to your poll he's the #10 ranked LB in the NFL.

Telvin's the best.... apparently.
It's not justifying anything, but it does count for something. I get it dude, you're a Telvin hater and he should be cut. I'm agreeing with you, he's garbage.

I've never said he should be cut, but I've never slobbered over him like you. I've pointed out that he's a weak link, like Poz at times, but you ignore it like a blind Homer. I pointed out that Telvin was on notice and you lost your mind. Infatuations are dangerous....

Quote:I've never said he should be cut, but I've never slobbered over him like you. I've pointed out that he's a weak link, like Poz at times, but you ignore it like a blind Homer. I pointed out that Telvin was on notice and you lost your mind. Infatuations are dangerous....
Seriously? Telvins a weak link? Give me a second so I can gather myself from laughing so hard. It's not being a homer, it's called watching him play. Obviously you don't like him, I guess he ran over your dog or something.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Telvin is a weak link in pass coverage as a LB. Yes. He tried to run over my dog but bit on my dog's fake.

Quote:I've never said he should be cut, but I've never slobbered over him like you. I've pointed out that he's a weak link, like Poz at times, but you ignore it like a blind Homer. I pointed out that Telvin was on notice and you lost your mind. Infatuations are dangerous....
He's a top 10 WLB. The kid is still very young, and has the speed to keep up with receivers. His coverage skills should improve, but it's not like it was a huge problem to begin with. I'm just saying we need to find a way to get them both on the field. If blown coverage is your biggest concern, you might want to replace Poz instead of Telvin. We're a better football team when both of them are on the field.

For all you arm chair GM's, tell me 10 other WLB's that are better than Telvin Smith.

In a perfect Utopia, Telvin and Myles are on the field at the same time. Great athleticism. Replacing Skuta with Myles is ignorant as Jack's skills would be dwarfed playing his spot. In time, Jack will replace Poz.

My point is don't annoit Telvin as the next great LB. He's been above average on a horrible team. Jack is an upgrade.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 12:21 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Dude you act like this guy is LT or something. He's a nice player but Jack is an upgrade. Telvin starts on less than half the teams in the NFL. Btw, it's embarrassing to continue to cite the "Top 100" which is a ridiculous popularity contest easily manipulated by a group of voters. Is Telvin a top 10 LB? No way. Dave going to pay him big? No way.

You dont get voted as top 100 players in all of the nfl for an unproven rookie.

The players who voted him top 100 all Real NFL players not random people.

Get ya facts straight.

Know way more then any of us do.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Know way more then any of us do.
Yes, and very much no at the same time. Obviously, they know more than we we do...but they aren't watching nearly as much. These guys are focusing on their opponents all week, they aren't watching Telvin (or any other non opponent) very much at all. If they are our opponents they watch us for one week (two if it's a division rival) and then they are on to their next guy, never to watch again. 

I would all but guarantee that a fan of a team that also happens to know a decent bit about football (while also keeping biases in mind) is significantly more in tune to what the true talent of the players on that team than the average player in the NFL. 

Benching Telvin is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here. Telvin is EXACTLY the kind of player we need on the field. The speed of him, Jack, Ramsey, Fowler etc is what we should be building the team around.

One of Jack's big selling points was his versatility. The one position some of you want to put him in is the one position that doesn't need upgrading right now.

Heck I'd rather stick him at SS...

Quote:Trying to find a way to get 2 talented players on the field at the same position is an amazing problem to have.

Jack's talent would be largely wasted at Otto where someone as lunch pail as Skuta can get it done.

Playing Jack at WLB on base sets and Telvin/Jack together on nickel might just be amazing.

Remember- this D ran 60% nickel in some games last year.

It's not like Telvin would just ride pine.

It is not an amazing problem to have when you have two other liabilities that are keeping one of them off the field.