Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For Those About To Mock, We Salute You

OK, I stole the joke from the video below (that every draft enthusiast should get a chuckle from) but nonetheless -

With 73 days until the 2023 NFL Draft, it is time to gather your personal mocks, and your discussion of the notable analysts' mocks. Let's see all the speculations we can about the draft and the Jags' potential selections. 

Who among you will put together the Mock of Gibraltar? 
Who will reach Mock Bottom? 

Mock until you drop, good people of Duval. Let this be the Mock of Ages.

https://twitter.com/JoeyMulinaro/status/...aUksRJVd9Q

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here is a pretty sensible 3 rounds of hypothetical Jags selections from beat guy, John Shipley to kick off discussion:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...wl-edition

I dig it. This is drafftek's entire mock breakdown for us. I really like this group overall. They went offense heavy with the first three rounds and then started backfilling defensively with decent picks to shore up the depth chart.

Jones immediately starts. LaPorta is a nice compliment to Engram. Perry is a Higgins type build prospect wise. Maybe not as fast but his size, separation ability, high pointing ability is all there. Very, very productive over the last two years.

24th overall - Broderick Jones - OT - Georgia
56th overall - Sam LaPorta - TE - Iowa
88th overall - AT Perry - WR - Wake Forest
120th overall - Tiawan Mullen - Nickel Cornerback - Indiana
126th overall - Mekhi Blackmon - CB - USC
183rd overall - Jeremiah Martin - EDGE - Washington
207th overall - Alex Forysth - C - Oregon
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-13-2023, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: OK, I stole the joke from the video below (that every draft enthusiast should get a chuckle from) but nonetheless -

With 73 days until the 2023 NFL Draft, it is time to gather your personal mocks, and your discussion of the notable analysts' mocks. Let's see all the speculations we can about the draft and the Jags' potential selections. 

Very funny video. Thanks for sharing!

I also like using NFL Draft Buzz for scouting reports and big board breakdowns. Based on their boards we got the following ranked players at the moment from that drafttek mock.

Broderick Jones - 3rd overall prospect at OT
Sam LaPorta - 5th overall prospect at TE
AT Perry - 17th overall prospect at WR
Tiawan Mullen - 28th overall prospect at CB
Mekhi Blackmon - 22nd overall prospect at CB
Jeremiah Martin - 41st overall prospect at DE
Alex Forsyth - 11th overall prospect at C

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-13-2023, 11:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I also like using NFL Draft Buzz for scouting reports and big board breakdowns. Based on their boards we got the following ranked players at the moment from that drafttek mock.

Broderick Jones - 3rd overall prospect at OT
Sam LaPorta - 5th overall prospect at TE
AT Perry -  17th overall prospect at WR
Tiawan Mullen - 28th overall prospect at CB
Mekhi Blackmon - 22nd overall prospect at CB
Jeremiah Martin -  41st overall prospect at DE
Alex Forsyth - 11th overall prospect at C

I also like NFL Draft Buzz for their comprehensive player profiles. Jones is probably the top player on my wish list. I'd prefer him to Torrence since he can move to tackle and replace Robinson (overpriced) after spending a year at guard. Torrence is a more likely pick, however, and would be fine due to his run-blocking. Since I don't expect Musgrave or Kincaid to fall to our 2nd round pick, LaPorta would be a good alternative. Perry would be an excellent value pick and he fills the need for a tall, outside receiver. 

The one problem I have with this mock is waiting until round 4 to take a corner/nickel. Mullen and Blackmon are interesting prospects, however there are likely to be players available in round 3 who would be more capable of starting immediately at nickel. This would be a tough call for me: do you take Perry ahead of a corner/nickel like Brents, Garrett Williams, Darius Rush or Riley Moss when Perry might be 2 or 3 spots higher on your big board? This is a case where I'd take the slightly lower rated player due to significantly greater need at nickel than WR.

(02-13-2023, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here is a pretty sensible 3 rounds of hypothetical Jags selections from beat guy, John Shipley to kick off discussion:

Very sensible. He addresses the top 3 needs (in my opinion) and gets good value with each pick. If I were drafting today, I'd take OL, Edge and corner/nickel in the 1st 3 rounds just as Shipley did. I believe that this will be quite possible since value and need come together on all 3 picks. However, it should go without saying that if a player from a different position who I had rated much higher fell to me then I'd take him without hesitation.

There are several players who could drop for a variety of reasons that would be very difficult for me to pass on: Here are 4 of my favorites:

1. Clark Phillips: Would be hard to pass on him in round 2. Immediate starter at nickel and likely replacement for Darious Williams in 2024.

2. Luke Musgrave: Does have some risk due to limited body of work/injury, but the upside is enormous-especially with Pederson as coach.

3. Dalton Kincaid: Another TE who'd become one of Trevor's favorite targets alongside a re-signed Engram.

4. Cody Mauch: I don't care if Torrence was my first pick. Adding 2 linemen like Torrence and Mauch would be almost too good to be true. I believe he'll eventually move to tackle.

All 4 of these players have a chance to be selected by another team in the 1st round. That's why they'd all be steals in round 2.

Mock it like it's Hot- Snoop Dog

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2023, 11:07 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(02-13-2023, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: OK, I stole the joke from the video below (that every draft enthusiast should get a chuckle from) but nonetheless -

We will we will Mock you?

Hopefully ends with We As the Champions..
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I won't lie that's the second time I've seen ... 

#24 ... (Players name) ... And thought, to myself, 'are you off your [BLEEP], why would we trade back that far' .... And then remembered we are actually at 24 for a change and not top ten! Horrific! Old habits die hard, but I'll be happy when the brain catches up on that one!!!

And on the OP title, not to derail the thread but there was a show in the radio over here a while back about song titles/lyrics which you've always misheard. Personal favourite was the Scottish Lass who thought the ac/dc song was 'It's a long way to the shops, (If you want a sausage roll)' always made me chuckle ... Anyways sorry about that carry on!

(02-13-2023, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here is a pretty sensible 3 rounds of hypothetical Jags selections from beat guy, John Shipley to kick off discussion:

I really like the 1st and 3rd picks. I think they would be day 1 starters.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2023, 04:22 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Chad Reuter at nfl.com put out his first 3 round mock a couple days ago....

Round 1. Cam Smith CB South Carolina 6'0 188
Round 2. Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State 6'5 255
Round 3. Jordan Battle S Alabama 6'1 206

I was unfamiliar with Kraft, so took a look at a highlight film of him; he's an interesting prospect. BPA aside, I would not be a fan of the first 3 picks being 2 secondary and a backup TE (I am assuming that they re-sign TE Engram). I like the CB Cam Smith selection, but hope they use some top draft resources to improve the trenches or the pass rush.

From what I have read, Battle would be more of a Nickel than a true Safety.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Here is a 1st round mock from PFF:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-mock-...-1-overall

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...98688?s=20

I don't even know where to start with this mock hahah

Depending on what the Jags give up though, can't hate trading up for Porter

(03-08-2023, 10:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...98688?s=20

If it involves the 56th pick or 88th pick. Nope.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 02:38 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2023, 10:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...98688?s=20

I think he's the best corner in the draft.  I'd love it if we ended up with Porter but I don't want to trade up for anyone in the first

This years official dart board mock.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 10:47 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-11-2023, 10:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_john_shipley/status...915L-t18Xg

Would

Really like the 1st 2 picks.  I was going to mention White as one of my top guys for our 2nd round pick and Porter is my favorite corner in the draft.   If we added Porter, CB would be arguably our best position group imo.  I think Porter will be a Pro Bowl CB. I really like Witherspoon as well being I feel like he would be an elite nickle corner with his physicality and tackling ability. Witherspoon I also think could move to the outside in 2 years and take over for Williams. I'd be happy with either if those 2 corners in the 1st

Most have Gonzalez at their top corner, I guess injust have to seen enough of him but I'd rather Porter over Witherspoon.