Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(02-28-2023, 09:13 AM)NoShoes Wrote: So we’re close to 40 under after we cut griffin?  Who are we targeting?

Our own guys hopefully. New Engram deal, new Key deal, Allen extension and the incoming draft class.

Then we see what's left. Bring back Smoot etc.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Think its closer too 20m if griffin goes

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 10:03 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2023, 09:13 AM)NoShoes Wrote: So we’re close to 40 under after we cut griffin? Who are we targeting?

Hopefully a pass rusher, second tight end and a nickel. At least from my point of view. Then focus hard on both lines in the draft.

Probably can’t afford the pass rusher.

Engram, Taylor, Key
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 10:54 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2023, 09:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 09:13 AM)NoShoes Wrote: So we’re close to 40 under after we cut griffin?  Who are we targeting?

Don't know, but I hope Engram and Key get sewn up. 

No idea if Taylor is in their plans or not.

(02-28-2023, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You really think Engram is a dime-a-dozen TE, easily replaceable?

I'm pretty sure he meant that the Jags get that type of production from a TE once every 12 years. 

(see 2011 Marcedes Lewis)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...wiMa00.htm

LOL awesome.  +1
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-28-2023, 10:20 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Engram, Taylor, Key

Engram, Key and Seumalo from the Eagles, if available. He'll cost a fraction of what Taylor will make and is a better player. I realize good tackles are hard to find, but I trust Rauscher to find and develop one. McClendon Curtis has been mentioned as someone the Jaguars are interested in. They can likely draft him in round 3 or 4, depending on how he does at the Combine. At the least, he'd become a valuable reserve like Tyler Shatley, with the possibility of filling in at 4 positions. At the best, he'd develop into a quality starter at guard or tackle.

(02-28-2023, 11:02 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 10:20 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Engram, Taylor, Key

Engram, Key and Seumalo from the Eagles, if available. He'll cost a fraction of what Taylor will make and is a better player. I realize good tackles are hard to find, but I trust Rauscher to find and develop one. McClendon Curtis has been mentioned as someone the Jaguars are interested in. They can likely draft him in round 3 or 4, depending on how he does at the Combine. At the least, he'd become a valuable reserve like Tyler Shatley, with the possibility of filling in at 4 positions. At the best, he'd develop into a quality starter at guard or tackle.

Not sure Seumalo would be cheaper than Taylor, because it looks like a handful of teams are seriously interested in him.  But I would rather bring in a good free agent guard, than re-sign Taylor.  Walter Little can step in for Taylor.  But we don't have a solution at LG right now.  It would be a good spot to fill in free agency.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-28-2023, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 11:02 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Engram, Key and Seumalo from the Eagles, if available. He'll cost a fraction of what Taylor will make and is a better player. I realize good tackles are hard to find, but I trust Rauscher to find and develop one. McClendon Curtis has been mentioned as someone the Jaguars are interested in. They can likely draft him in round 3 or 4, depending on how he does at the Combine. At the least, he'd become a valuable reserve like Tyler Shatley, with the possibility of filling in at 4 positions. At the best, he'd develop into a quality starter at guard or tackle.

Not sure Seumalo would be cheaper than Taylor, because it looks like a handful of teams are seriously interested in him.  But I would rather bring in a good free agent guard, than re-sign Taylor.  Walter Little can step in for Taylor.  But we don't have a solution at LG right now.  It would be a good spot to fill in free agency.

Somehow I don't believe it is as easy as "step in".  Also, right now with the three of them we are pretty good shape at tackle.  We were really lucky injury wise last year.  What weren't the Titans on their fourth tackle or something that last game?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not sure Seumalo would be cheaper than Taylor, because it looks like a handful of teams are seriously interested in him.  But I would rather bring in a good free agent guard, than re-sign Taylor.  Walter Little can step in for Taylor.  But we don't have a solution at LG right now.  It would be a good spot to fill in free agency.

Somehow I don't believe it is as easy as "step in".  Also, right now with the three of them we are pretty good shape at tackle.  We were really lucky injury wise last year.  What weren't the Titans on their fourth tackle or something that last game?

Right, but if you're going to spend big free agent money, spend it in areas of need.  Walker Little is starter quality.  There is no starter quality player at LG right now.

Would love to see the jags upgrade the left guard.

(03-02-2023, 10:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Would love to see the jags upgrade the left guard.

It is a real need

(03-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 04:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not sure Seumalo would be cheaper than Taylor, because it looks like a handful of teams are seriously interested in him.  But I would rather bring in a good free agent guard, than re-sign Taylor.  Walter Little can step in for Taylor.  But we don't have a solution at LG right now.  It would be a good spot to fill in free agency.

I agree with you. My question is how come Little couldn’t beat out Taylor the last couple years.

(03-02-2023, 12:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Somehow I don't believe it is as easy as "step in".  Also, right now with the three of them we are pretty good shape at tackle.  We were really lucky injury wise last year.  What weren't the Titans on their fourth tackle or something that last game?

I agree with you. My question is how come Little couldn’t beat out Taylor the last couple years.

Taylor may be better.  But is he $10M a year higher cap hit better?

Why is the media still talking about Ramsey coming home? I guess it would make a nice narrative for them. Seems close to zero percent chance. He has likely lost a step and is overpriced, not to mention the attitude issues.

(03-02-2023, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree with you. My question is how come Little couldn’t beat out Taylor the last couple years.

Taylor may be better.  But is he $10M a year higher cap hit better?

Hell you could go down the whole roster doing that.

(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)Newton Wrote: Why is the media still talking about Ramsey coming home? I guess it would make a nice narrative for them. Seems close to zero percent chance. He has likely lost a step and is overpriced, not to mention the attitude issues.
He's not. Just something for people to talk about I guess.

No chance Khan let's Ramsey back.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 01:02 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)Newton Wrote: Why is the media still talking about Ramsey coming home? I guess it would make a nice narrative for them. Seems close to zero percent chance. He has likely lost a step and is overpriced, not to mention the attitude issues.

From just an on the field football prospective I would love to have him. If we’re going to be in the playoffs for the next 7 to 8 years, we’re going to have to go through Kansas City.

I don’t think it happens tho.

(03-02-2023, 01:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

From just an on the field football prospective I would love to have him. If we’re going to be in the playoffs for the next 7 to 8 years, we’re going to have to go through Kansas City.
Ramsey doesn't have 7-8 more years of elite play left dude.

He's a supremely talented CB but he is on the decline, he costs way too much money, and outside CB is not a need at all for this team right now.

(03-02-2023, 01:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: From just an on the field football prospective I would love to have him. If we’re going to be in the playoffs for the next 7 to 8 years, we’re going to have to go through Kansas City.
Ramsey doesn't have 7-8 more years of elite play left dude.

He's a supremely talented CB but he is on the decline, he costs way too much money, and outside CB is not a need at all for this team right now.

He's been spotty at best. Especially in big moments. He got lucky with Stafford pulling that throw out of his [BLEEP] a few years ago in Tampa Bay. Otherwise he would have been remembered for getting roasted one-on-one with Mike Evans with Tom Brady and the Buccaneers going back to the Superbowl again. 

We already removed this cancer from the team before. No reason to bring him back. He's still a diva at the end of the day. The same finger pointing [BLEEP] he did down here he's been doing out West in L.A from time to time. Let him end up in Dallas so he can be one of Jerry's boys and really shine as the diva that he is.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: Taylor may be better.  But is he $10M a year higher cap hit better?

Hell you could go down the whole roster doing that.

And they do! It's why they get paid the big bucks.