Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agency 2023

(03-10-2023, 10:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: You know what they say about people who represent themselves in court?

Kinda the same when they choose to be their own agent.

Worse case scenario for Jackson. He bet on himself and got injured. Then the backup almost wins a playoff game. That being said, if you trust their messae boards, their fanbase seems divided between dumping Jackson and dumping Harbaugh / GM.  I'm glad we arent having to make their decision.
I live in Maryland and this is the case for every one of my Ravens friends. My brother in law says he can make a case for Team Lamar and Team Ravens.

On one hand, you could make the argument that the Ravens have been running a HORRIBLE offense because of Lamar. And on the other, you can say that they were stubborn and didn't feel the need to change the offense because they were winning lots of games.

I think the early success for Lamar ultimately hurt the team. They didn't feel the need to go out and get him a true WR1 because they were winning. Lamar was playing with Devin Duvernary as WR1...... They may have the worst WR room in the NFL. They never have consistent RBs because they always get hurt. His Oline has been in shambles. The only reliable player is Andrews.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 11:48 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-10-2023, 11:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 10:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Worse case scenario for Jackson. He bet on himself and got injured. Then the backup almost wins a playoff game. That being said, if you trust their messae boards, their fanbase seems divided between dumping Jackson and dumping Harbaugh / GM.  I'm glad we arent having to make their decision.
I live in Maryland and this is the case for every one of my Ravens friends. My brother in law says he can make a case for Team Lamar and Team Ravens.

On one hand, you could make the argument that the Ravens have been running a HORRIBLE offense because of Lamar. And on the other, you can say that they were stubborn and didn't feel the need to change the offense because they were winning lots of games.

I think the early success for Lamar ultimately hurt the team. They didn't feel the need to go out and get him a true WR1 because they were winning. Lamar was playing with Devin Duvernary as WR1...... They may have the worst WR room in the NFL. They never have consistent RBs because they always get hurt. His Oline has been in shambles. The only reliable player is Andrews.
They have Mark Andrew's and they took a WR in the first 2 years ago.  Is it the WR or is it the QB?  They have one of the better olines. Brown was also a 1st round pick that they just traded

That's 2 WRs in the 1st round they drafted. To say they didn't feel the need to get a number 1 WR is comical. At some point you might have to look at the QB. It's funny you say all this about Lamar yet don't bring any of this up when talking about Daniel Jones.

(03-10-2023, 11:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 11:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I live in Maryland and this is the case for every one of my Ravens friends. My brother in law says he can make a case for Team Lamar and Team Ravens.

They have Mark Andrew's and they took a WR in the first 2 years ago.  Is it the WR or is it the QB?  They have one of the better olines.  Brown was also a 1st round pick that they just traded

That's 2 WRs in the 1st round they drafted.  To say they didn't feel the need to get a number 1 WR is comical.  At some point you might have to look at the QB.  It's funny you say all this about Lamar yet don't bring any of this up when talking about Daniel Jones.
Maybe because Lamar is actually good and Daniel Jones isn't?

Let me know when DJ wins an MVP or throws for 35+ TDs.....

Adam Thielen is being released. Would be an interesting replacement for Jones. Not sure what his asking price would be.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 01:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-10-2023, 01:04 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Adam Thielen is being released. Would be an interesting replacement for Jones. Not sure what his asking price would be.

Ridley is Jones replacement

Damn

https://www.nfl.com/news/de-brandon-grah...-year-deal

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 06:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Huge trade up
https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-trading-n...raft-picks

Panthers get there QB and Bears get DJ Moore, 2 1st, and 2 2nds

Who will the Panthers get?

Sucks there wasnt a QB in the draft last year that someone wanted lol

It's a good thing for us because Houston won't get the QB they wanted. My best guess is Carolina wants C.J Stroud.

I wouldn't be surprised if Houston takes Bryce Young but man they better keep some Big Macs on standby to keep his weight up weekly.

I think his frame is scary small for an NFL QB. Especially going that high.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a good thing for us because Houston won't get the QB they wanted. My best guess is Carolina wants C.J Stroud.

I wouldn't be surprised if Houston takes Bryce Young but man they better keep some Big Macs on standby to keep his weight up weekly.

I think Houston wanted Young anyway with Ryans being a Alabama guy.  He probably knows everything there is to know about Young.  A horrible trade for the Panthers imo. Gave up way too much

Trevor changing how the bad teams approach Top of the draft.
They are looking for their own Trevor Lawrence.
But there isn’t a Trevor in the draft

The trade up is super risky. I don’t think there’s a ‘can’t miss’ QB. Hell, I don’t even thinks there’s a consensus best QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's a good thing for us because Houston won't get the QB they wanted. My best guess is Carolina wants C.J Stroud.

I'm not really worried about if Young goes to an AFC South team. I don't see his 5'10 190 pound body holding up. Kyler Murray is far thicker than Young is and hes already having issues staying healthy.

Really don't want to see Richardson in the AFC South, or AFC for that matter. He could be a menace in the future if developed correctly.

(03-10-2023, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I'm not really worried about if Young goes to an AFC South team. I don't see his 5'10 190 pound body holding up. Kyler Murray is far thicker than Young is and hes already having issues staying healthy.

Really don't want to see Richardson in the AFC South, or AFC for that matter. He could be a menace in the future if developed correctly.
That's a good point.  I think the talent is there and he can be really good but not sure if his body will hold up.  Can't wait till Travon gets passed the tackle at full speed and hits Young.  I think the Texans take Young and the Colts take AR

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 09:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

They Bears will likely get a even better haul next year when they pick first lol

Woods to the Texans. Giving Young some help. They will get Metchie back as well
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1634...87936?s=20

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 10:35 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2023, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I’m a gator fan, and I was extremely disappointed with Richardson. II don’t know how much he can improve his accuracy and reading defenses in the nfl. I’ve seen all of his games just about. He is a freak with potential.

(03-10-2023, 09:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They Bears will likely get a even better haul next year when they pick first lol

Woods to the Texans.  Giving Young some help.  They will get Metchie back as well

Woods.  LOL.  He’s done.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 11:17 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-10-2023, 10:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 09:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They Bears will likely get a even better haul next year when they pick first lol

Woods to the Texans.  Giving Young some help.  They will get Metchie back as well

Woods.  LOL.  He’s done.
He was the 2nd rated blocking WR last year and had over 500 yrds coming off an ACL with no QB.  He's a older WR but he isn't done, a good pick up for the rookie QB

Well the silly season officially begins Monday. Someone should have told Carolina. Wouldn't it be interesting if they chose AR15 with that pick? Thinking they are drafting their next Cam Newton?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I can't believe they traded all that for one of these QBs.. I'd be shocked if either of the top 2 turn out to be good in the NFL tbh.

(03-10-2023, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 10:48 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Woods.  LOL.  He’s done.
He was the 2nd rated blocking WR last year and had over 500 yrds coming off an ACL with no QB.  He's a older WR but he isn't done, a good pick up for the rookie QB
Reggie Williams was a great blocker too.

(03-11-2023, 10:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 11:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was the 2nd rated blocking WR last year and had over 500 yrds coming off an ACL with no QB.  He's a older WR but he isn't done, a good pick up for the rookie QB
Reggie Williams was a great blocker too.

Ok?  He was decent a couple years for us but he got fat and can't catch nor run routes close to Woods