Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Division Offseason Updates: tacks/colts/tinhorns

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One cap casualty and one washed casualty.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2023, 10:30 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

This just caught my eye at work. Not sure if there's any actual teeth or bite to this but it wouldn't surprise me. I just find it interesting that Amy Adams Strunk would fire their General Manager but then maintain Mike Vrabel.

That team had a colossal collapse last year after a 7 - 3 start. You can point fingers at this player being out or that player being out but they had opportunities to get it done. Vrabel especially.

Derrick Henry being traded would make sense if you're looking towards the future and trying to rebuild.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the...6e51&ei=11
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-24-2023, 10:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This just caught my eye at work. Not sure if there's any actual teeth or bite to this but it wouldn't surprise me. I just find it interesting that Amy Adams Strunk would fire their General Manager but then maintain Mike Vrabel.

That team had a colossal collapse last year after a 7 - 3 start. You can point fingers at this player being out or that player being out but they had opportunities to get it done. Vrabel especially.

Derrick Henry being traded would make sense if you're looking towards the future and trying to rebuild.

Trading Henry would make perfect sense for the titans, he's hanging on by a thread.

The real question is what would a team be willing to give for him, and could they get enough value out of the deal.

Personally if I were in charge of a team like Buffalo, I wouldn't go higher than a fourth, and if I were a team that figures to be drafting in the upper part of the rounds then I'd probably be thinking fifth.

Either way the titans should be thinking about their plan to be competitive again in a few years. Trading Henry makes perfect sense, because he won't get them over the Jaguars hump.

I would love to see Henry out of the afc south. Henry could go jump on a Super Bowl contender somewhere if the titans would help him with a trade.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 10:14 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-25-2023, 08:19 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 10:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This just caught my eye at work. Not sure if there's any actual teeth or bite to this but it wouldn't surprise me. I just find it interesting that Amy Adams Strunk would fire their General Manager but then maintain Mike Vrabel.

Trading Henry would make perfect sense for the titans, he's hanging on by a thread.

The real question is what would a team be willing to give for him, and could they get enough value out of the deal.

Personally if I were in charge of a team like Buffalo, I wouldn't go higher than a fourth, and if I were a team that figures to be drafting in the upper part of the rounds then I'd probably be thinking fifth.

Either way the titans should be thinking about their plan to be competitive again in a few years. Trading Henry makes perfect sense, because he won't get them over the Jaguars hump.

If I am the Bills I would just offer them a 3rd RD pick in this year's draft and maybe a future 5th. That's about it. I think that's a low risk / high reward investment. Especially if you're really trying to make a serious Superbowl push.

(02-25-2023, 05:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I would love to see Henry out of the afc south. Henry could go jump on a Super Bowl contender somewhere if the titans would help him with a trade.

Same. The sooner he's out of this division, the better.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023, 01:22 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-01-2023, 11:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3575...-tannehill

36.6 Mil against the cap for Tannehill. Wow. Talk about paying close to top dollar for average quality. Who wouldn't be excited about that?! LOL indeed.

Apparently, tack nation isn't all too enamored with their new GM either...

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/46032.../#comments
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-26-2023, 10:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 08:19 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Trading Henry would make perfect sense for the titans, he's hanging on by a thread.

If I am the Bills I would just offer them a 3rd RD pick in this year's draft and maybe a future 5th. That's about it. I think that's a low risk / high reward investment. Especially if you're really trying to make a serious Superbowl push.

(02-25-2023, 05:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I would love to see Henry out of the afc south. Henry could go jump on a Super Bowl contender somewhere if the titans would help him with a trade.

More like out of the conference.... NFC..... Remember we're going to be playoff contenders... don't want to run into this guy in the playoffs

(03-09-2023, 10:41 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 10:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: If I am the Bills I would just offer them a 3rd RD pick in this year's draft and maybe a future 5th. That's about it. I think that's a low risk / high reward investment. Especially if you're really trying to make a serious Superbowl push.

More like out of the conference.... NFC..... Remember we're going to be playoff contenders... don't want to run into this guy in the playoffs

Very true

Titans snap up Arden Key 3 years 21mill
A new broom always sweeps clean.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...473732002/

Rivers
Wentz
Ryan

who's next?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-15-2023, 11:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...473732002/

Rivers
Wentz
Ryan

who's next?

Andy Dalton sounds about right 
LOL

(03-15-2023, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 11:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...473732002/

Rivers
Wentz
Ryan

who's next?

Andy Dalton sounds about right 
LOL
He's on the Panthers lol

And now minshew is a colt

We still own this div

(03-16-2023, 09:08 PM)Jag88 Wrote: And now minshew is a colt

So he'll begin his coaching career next season?

Indy is where all QBs go to transition into retirement.

Nooooooooo
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-17-2023, 01:20 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Nooooooooo

Yeah smh. I liked routing for him when he wasn’t in the division

(03-17-2023, 12:39 PM)Mikey Wrote:

So he'll begin his coaching career next season?

Indy is where all QBs go to transition into retirement.

Haha. I’m not ready to say that about the stash yet. He can ball.