Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
53 - How I'd Do It

QB:

Bortles, Allen

RB:

T.J. Yeldon, Chris Ivory, Corey Grant (KR), Joe Banyard / Denard Robinson

(Banyard's nifty footwork may have given him an edge last night after D-Rob had to sit with a poked eye)

WR: 

Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Greene, Walters 

(Evans and Benn are wildcards here at the 5th - Look for Lawrence on the PS - he's promising)

TE:

Thomas, Lewis, Sterling, Bowman/Koyack

(Take your pick with the 4th spot. I'd guess Koyack stays and Bowman to PS- could be the opposite)

O-Line:

Beachum, Joeckel, Linder, Cann, Parnell, Reed, Well,  Shatley, xxxxx?

(last spot could be Hill, Slater or Omameh - but I kinda' think it may end up being a waiver guy for swing tackle)

D-Line:

Jackson, Marks, Fowler, Ngakoue, Miller,  Odrick, Alualu, Jones, Day, *Smith or Holmes

(IR- Bennett)

* could go either way here - I kinda' like the idea of going with Holmes 

LB:

Jack, Poz, Smith, Skuta, Ryan Davis, Pullard, Tripp 

7 linebackers?!?!

Yeah. Davis is a back-up D-lineman and ST player as well   --  and the Jags have a history of needing to plug-in for injured players at LB throughout the season in recent years.  Tripp is a good ST contributor as well.  

CB:

House, Ramsey, Amukamara, Colvin*, Gratz, Johnson (until Colvin's back)

(Boddy-Calhoun to PS)

Safety:

Gipson, Cyprien, Thompson, Wilson

ST: 

Myers, Nortman , Tinker

Look for a potential waiver pick up at K - Myers may be on his way

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Koyack at TE for his blocking. I think he will replace Lewis in 2017.

And I agree with Holmes. Cannot see them not keeping him on the 53.

;

;

I mostly agree, but if Dave isn't lying to himself he'll cut Lewis and keep both Bowman and Koyack. Lewis at this point does nothing well, he's an afterthought as a receiver and his blocking is no longer good enough to consider it worth keeping. Plus he's an old guy on a young team sucking up a roster spot that can be used to continue moving the franchise forward.

Holmes and Allen both need to be on the 53.

I agree with SeldomRite on Lewis as well.

Good list NYC.

Quote:QB:

Bortles, Allen

RB:

T.J. Yeldon, Chris Ivory, Corey Grant (KR), Joe Banyard / Denard Robinson

(Banyard's nifty footwork may have given him an edge last night after D-Rob had to sit with a poked eye)

WR: 

(Evans and Benn are wildcards here at the 5th - Look for Lawrence on the PS - he's promising)

TE:

Thomas, Lewis, Sterling, Bowman/Koyack

(Take your pick with the 4th spot. I'd guess Koyack stays and Bowman to PS- could be the opposite)

O-Line:

Beachum, Joeckel, Linder, Cann, Parnell, Reed, Well,  Shatley, xxxxx?

(last spot could be Hill, Slater or Omameh - but I kinda' think it may end up being a waiver guy for swing tackle)

D-Line:

Jackson, Marks, Fowler, Ngakoue, Miller,  Odrick, Alualu, Jones, Day, *Smith or Holmes

(IR- Bennett)

* could go either way here - I kinda' like the idea of going with Holmes 

LB:

Jack, Poz, Smith, Skuta, Ryan Davis, Pullard, Tripp 

7 linebackers?!?!

Yeah. Davis is a back-up D-lineman and ST player as well   --  and the Jags have a history of needing to plug-in for injured players at LB throughout the season in recent years.  Tripp is a good ST contributor as well.  

CB:

House, Ramsey, Amukamara, Colvin*, Gratz, Johnson (until Colvin's back)

(Boddy-Calhoun to PS)

Safety:

ST: 

Myers, Nortman , Tinker

Look for a potential waiver pick up at K - Myers may be on his way

If this were a Twitter post, I would sparkly-heart it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I mostly agree, but if Dave isn't lying to himself he'll cut Lewis and keep both Bowman and Koyack. Lewis at this point does nothing well, he's an afterthought as a receiver and his blocking is no longer good enough to consider it worth keeping. Plus he's an old guy on a young team sucking up a roster spot that can be used to continue moving the franchise forward.
Yeah Lewis Blocking is really bad -___-

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...3-yard-run

Koyak sucked last night..

Koyack is not better than Marcedes at anything, except maybe running...

Quote:Koyack is not better than Marcedes at anything, except maybe running...
Agreed.

Quote:Yeah Lewis Blocking is really bad -___-

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...3-yard-run

Hey guys, Marcedes looked good on a play, guess we can ignore his holding penalties, bad routes, and lack of effort on other plays since they didn't put videos of them up on NFL.com.

Quote:Koyack is not better than Marcedes at anything, except maybe running...

Quote:Agreed.
Double agreed.

Mercedes sticks one more year.

I was going to make this thread for my predictions, so if you don't mind, NYC, I will just piggyback on this one. Mines:

QB

Bortles, Allen

WR

RB

Ivory, Yeldon, Banyard, Grant

TE

Thomas, Lewis, Koyack, Sterling

OL

Beachum, Joeckel, Linder, Cann, Parnell, Wells, Bernadeau, Shatley, Omameh

DL

Fowler, Odrick, Jackson, Miller, Ngakoue, Jones, Day, Marks, Smith, Holmes

LB

Smith, Poz, Skuta, Jack, Tripp, Pullard, Davis

CB

House, Ramsey, Amukamara, Marshall, Johnson

S

ST

Nortman, Tinker, Kicker

Suspended

Colvin

If Bortles gets in a freak hide-a-bed accident this week and goes on IR before Green Bay, Henne maybe wins us 4 games MAX. Brandon Allen wins us 2. At that point, what's the difference? Top 5 pick either way- save the roster spot and go with the young guy IMO.

Vets that I'm saying bye to:

Henne, Denard, Evans, Alualu

Allen is not replacing Henne. Unfortunately.

Quote:Vets that I'm saying bye to:

Henne, Denard, Evans, Alualu

Cannot really disagree with any of them. But I assume all four make it.

;

;

Quote:Cannot really disagree with any of them. But I assume all four make it.

I would be shocked if all 4 make it. I think Evans and Denard are gone for sure. The other two are admittedly less likely to happen.

If it comes down to it Holmes>Smith.

Quote:Hey guys, Marcedes looked good on a play, guess we can ignore his holding penalties, bad routes, and lack of effort on other plays since they didn't put videos of them up on NFL.com.
LOL.

This is to combat your terrible statement about Lewis' blocking. 

So your statement regarding the "bad effort" and "bad routes" are irreverent to this comment. 

Quote:LOL.

This is to combat your terrible statement about Lewis' blocking. 

So your statement regarding the "bad effort" and "bad routes" are irreverent to this comment. 

I have had my issues with Marcedes but I have never considered him a bad effort guy. Someone is fabricating complaints if they are throwing that out.