Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
53 - How I'd Do It

Quote:I would be shocked if all 4 make it. I think Evans and Denard are gone for sure. The other two are admittedly less likely to happen.

I think Denard survives. With Sample gone, it helps Evans' chances. I am hoping Wilson makes it over Evans. We will see.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would be shocked if all 4 make it. I think Evans and Denard are gone for sure. The other two are admittedly less likely to happen.

If Evans makes it, i might vomit.

Home page just posted a Wired segment with Chris Smith from yesterday's game...

Does anyone else think it would be weird to wire Smith up, post it to the main site, and then cut him?

I thought he had a really good preseason and was making the team before, but honestly, this confirms it in my mind.

I dont understand whats so special about Tripp.

Also, our safety depth is very weak

Quote:Home page just posted a Wired segment with Chris Smith from yesterday's game...

Does anyone else think it would be weird to wire Smith up, post it to the main site, and then cut him?

I thought he had a really good preseason and was making the team before, but honestly, this confirms it in my mind.

Dave also signaled him out when Sam Kouvaris asked him which players surprised him this camp.

Quote:Dave also signaled him out when Sam Kouvaris asked him which players surprised him this camp.

Yep. In the segment Dave highlighted Chris Smith, Josh Johnson, and Reed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Allen is not replacing Henne. Unfortunately.

Why? Henne has been beyond awful this preseason and has proven nothing in the NFL. He has reached his ceiling and is on the downside of his career. Why not go with the younger guy who has more upside? Besides, if Bortles does get hurt, we would almost assuredly trade or sign a veteran quarterback anyway.

Cut Tripp, Koyack, and Evans.

Anyone else a little surprised we haven't heard a single cut yet?

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Anyone else a little surprised we haven't heard a single cut yet?

Rashod Hill just came through

Sort by overall, then keep the highest rated 53.

Oops... Sorry, wrong thread.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I have had my issues with Marcedes but I have never considered him a bad effort guy. Someone is fabricating complaints if they are throwing that out.

Maybe he is just slow and can only get one hand up in patterns, but if that's the case then what's the difference? No effort or his efforts are poor, it's the same end, and if it's that he's just not capable then why would you spend a roster spot on him?

Quote:Maybe he is just slow and can only get one hand up in patterns, but if that's the case then what's the difference? No effort or his efforts are poor, it's the same end, and if it's that he's just not capable then why would you spend a roster spot on him?

Marcedes had a 2.7% dropped pass percentage last season.  That's really, really good. 

I also just rewatched the first two preseason games first quarters and his blocking is quite good as well. Nothing wrong with it at all. 

There was one block in the back penalty that was a bad call as he was simply trying to get around the guy he just blocked to go block someone else.  Wouldn't get flagged most of the time. 

If you are just basing your loathing of Lewis off of past offenses, you need to update your argument. 

Quote: 

LB:

Jack, Poz, Smith, Skuta, Ryan Davis, Pullard, Tripp 

7 linebackers?!?!

Yeah. Davis is a back-up D-lineman and ST player as well   --  and the Jags have a history of needing to plug-in for injured players at LB throughout the season in recent years.  Tripp is a good ST contributor as well.  

LOL. 

Clearly Caldwell and I saw this group differently. 

:teehee:  :woot:

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 10:20 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:Marcedes had a 2.7% dropped pass percentage last season. That's really, really good.

I also just rewatched the first two preseason games first quarters and his blocking is quite good as well. Nothing wrong with it at all.

There was one block in the back penalty that was a bad call as he was simply trying to get around the guy he just blocked to go block someone else. Wouldn't get flagged most of the time.

If you are just basing your loathing of Lewis off of past offenses, you need to update your argument.
Loathing? All I said is I'd clear him out to make room for trying to develop younger guys because there's nothing he does I don't think is replaceable. It's fine if you disagree, but you don't need to create a caricature of my position.

Quote:Loathing? All I said is I'd clear him out to make room for trying to develop younger guys because there's nothing he does I don't think is replaceable. It's fine if you disagree, but you don't need to create a caricature of my position.
Sorry.

Replace "loathing" with "inaccurate description of his skill set."

Quote:Sorry.

Replace "loathing" with "inaccurate description of his skill set."

Replace "inaccurate description of his skill set" with "disagreed with description of his play over the last few years" and we're getting closer to civil.

Quote:If Evans makes it, i might vomit.

Your bib is safe.

For now.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: Lewis at this point does nothing well, he's an afterthought as a receiver and his blocking is no longer good enough to consider it worth keeping. 

Clearly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnFe8kWZYe4