Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeSantis - Interesting

(03-07-2023, 09:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 09:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo...n-payment/

Just keeps getting better...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The reporting requirement wasn’t even three years old. It was a COVID decree. This is like canceling COVID era Medicare expansion. It served a purpose for a national crisis and the crisis is over.
In November 2021, Florida’s Public Service Commission (PUC) issued a memorandum allowing  electric utilities to stop disclosing their shutoff data. The memorandum, which reversed the commission’s September 2020 decision to collect the data to track the pandemic’s effects on utility customers, came after DeSantis stacked the board with his appointees. The move came less than a month after commission members approved the largest electric rate hike in Florida’s history, resulting in a 20 percent increase in costs to residential ratepayers.

Now it’s impossible to know how many customers have been disconnected from their electric utilities for being unable to pay their increasing power bills. NextEra — the parent company of Florida’s largest utility, Florida Power & Light — disconnected 738,000 Floridians in 2021 and 1.1 million Americans nationwide since 2020, according to a report from Bailout Watch last month. If that disconnection rate continued, noted the report, NextEra would have shut off 1.2 million customers in 2022. But we do not know the total, because the DeSantis-appointed Florida PUC allowed them to hide the data.

[…] In early December, the Bailout Watch report noted, Florida regulators approved a fuel rider, or a cost increase tied to the price of fuel, allowing utilities to pass the cost of higher fuel prices to consumers, without affecting their enormous profits. Company executives have been handsomely rewarded for such political wins. Top executives at NextEra gave themselves a 59 percent raise between 2020 to 2021. (read more)

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What is so important about this aggregated data that we'll now no longer have? What am I missing?

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 09:23 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-08-2023, 08:36 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: What is so important about this aggregated data that we'll now no longer have?  What am I missing?

The timing of it. Shortly after all of this was made into effect he appointed some of these people into positions of power. Not to mention it was a record hike in the state of Florida. 20% to be exact. 

While these same companies footed the fuel expenses onto the consumer, they still profited massively as they always do. And while other states have also seen similar hikes and challenges. Unlike Florida, they have alternative options, most residents here don't. 

DeSantis and the Florida Republican party took $9+ million in campaign contributions from state energy providers, then approved the biggest electricity rate hikes in Florida history. Campaign Money + Record setting state hikes + removal of data needing to be provided of people being [BLEEP] over royally in an already downward spiral of an economy. 

I mean, do I need to say anything else or.....?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 09:28 AM by KingIngram052787. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-08-2023, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 08:36 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: What is so important about this aggregated data that we'll now no longer have?  What am I missing?

The timing of it. Shortly after all of this was made into effect he appointed some of these people into positions of power. Not to mention it was a record hike in the state of Florida. 20% to be exact. 

While these same companies footed the fuel expenses onto the consumer, they still profited massively as they always do. And while other states have also seen similar hikes and challenges. Unlike Florida, they have alternative options, most residents here don't. 

DeSantis and the Florida Republican party took $9+ million in campaign contributions from state energy providers, then approved the biggest electricity rate hikes in Florida history. Campaign Money + Record setting state hikes + removal of data needing to be provided of people being [BLEEP] over royally in an already downward spiral of an economy. 

I don't know what you expect when we have energy costs we haven't seen in quite some time.  I guess, I just don't care enough.  People are struggling, energy is expensive, and the pandemic is over...this isn't anything we don't already know. This data doesn't change any of those facts and doesn't change the path forward.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 09:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-08-2023, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

This is why electric utilities should be apolitical by law. Like most City owned utilities are. And cable companies too, for that matter, though I realize that is sort of part and parcel of their business. Definitely bad optics at the very least.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-08-2023, 09:27 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The timing of it. Shortly after all of this was made into effect he appointed some of these people into positions of power. Not to mention it was a record hike in the state of Florida. 20% to be exact. 

I don't know what you expect when we have energy costs we haven't seen in quite some time.  I guess, I just don't care enough.  People are struggling, energy is expensive, and the pandemic is over...this isn't anything we don't already know.  This data doesn't change any of those facts and doesn't change the path forward.

Really? That's cool. Have fun with that. This man is potentially going to run for President in 2024 and he's already showing us that he's another wolf in sheep's clothing. He's shaping out to be another Neo-Con that's Pro-War. If you don't see a problem with a [BLEEP] Governor taking nearly $10M in campaign money and then shortly after [BLEEP] over the Floridian tax payer, consumer?

Well, God help you and bless your soul I guess. That mentality right there is exactly why the facts won't change down the road and why this path is leading us nowhere. Because we just sit back and let these politicians bend us over the table and [BLEEP] us over until our souls are dead inside. Fantastic mentality to have there man. 

Hope you're able to keep the lights on and keep providing for yourself and family while millions of others have been wrongfully [BLEEP] over by this PLANdemic. 

Happy hump day!

(03-08-2023, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:27 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I don't know what you expect when we have energy costs we haven't seen in quite some time.  I guess, I just don't care enough.  People are struggling, energy is expensive, and the pandemic is over...this isn't anything we don't already know.  This data doesn't change any of those facts and doesn't change the path forward.

Really? That's cool. Have fun with that. This man is potentially going to run for President in 2024 and he's already showing us that he's another wolf in sheep's clothing. He's shaping out to be another Neo-Con that's Pro-War. If you don't see a problem with a [BLEEP] Governor taking nearly $10M in campaign money and then shortly after [BLEEP] over the Floridian tax payer, consumer?

Well, God help you and bless your soul I guess. That mentality right there is exactly why the facts won't change down the road and why this path is leading us nowhere. Because we just sit back and let these politicians bend us over the table and [BLEEP] us over until our souls are dead inside. Fantastic mentality to have there man. 

Hope you're able to keep the lights on and keep providing for yourself and family while millions of others have been wrongfully [BLEEP] over by this PLANdemic. 

Happy hump day!

That has nothing to do with this data.  This data tells us nothing we don't already know is all I'm saying.  Also, when energy costs have been at historic highs for so long now, what did you expect from these energy companies?

You're also going off the deep end a bit, here, to put it lightly.  If I'm reading this correctly, you're suggesting Ron DeSantis helped plan a pandemic and a proxy war with Russia so that energy costs would sky rocket so that he could gain the donations of energy companies and approve a rate hike which will in turn help his presidential bid?

Listen, I hate politicians and politics, they're all the same.  Ron has been going down a path ever since he's thought about his presidential bid that I don't love, and I don't love everything he's done as a governor.  But what you're suggesting above you should sell to a publisher.

(03-08-2023, 10:08 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Really? That's cool. Have fun with that. This man is potentially going to run for President in 2024 and he's already showing us that he's another wolf in sheep's clothing. He's shaping out to be another Neo-Con that's Pro-War. If you don't see a problem with a [BLEEP] Governor taking nearly $10M in campaign money and then shortly after [BLEEP] over the Floridian tax payer, consumer?

Happy hump day!

That has nothing to do with this data.  This data tells us nothing we don't already know is all I'm saying.  Also, when energy costs have been at historic highs for so long now, what did you expect from these energy companies?

You're also going off the deep end a bit, here, to put it lightly.  If I'm reading this correctly, you're suggesting Ron DeSantis helped plan a pandemic and a proxy war with Russia so that energy costs would sky rocket so that he could gain the donations of energy companies and approve a rate hike which will in turn help his presidential bid?

Listen, I hate politicians and politics, they're all the same.  Ron has been going down a path ever since he's thought about his presidential bid that I don't love, and I don't love everything he's done as a governor.  But what you're suggesting above you should sell to a publisher.

No. Now you're just making assumptions that are completely off base and putting words in my mouth. I am just putting it out there, like you just said, that he's just like every other politician. They're all the same. 

That's my concern. I was pretty high on him because of what he did for the state of Florida in the beginning during the pandemic. I appreciate his efforts made in that regard. He bucked the lockdowns that most of the nation was adhering to at the time.

Kudos to him for that. However, as times goes on and more information comes out. You start to get a sense of who he truly is. Just sad really. I wanted to believe in this man. Wanted to give him my vote of confidence in 2024. 

Can't do it now. Hopefully when the time comes and the debates are out there he gets his [BLEEP] handed to him on a grand scale.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 10:45 AM by KingIngram052787.)

(03-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 10:08 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: That has nothing to do with this data.  This data tells us nothing we don't already know is all I'm saying.  Also, when energy costs have been at historic highs for so long now, what did you expect from these energy companies?

No. Now you're just making assumptions that are completely off base and putting words in my mouth. I am just putting it out there, like you just said, that he's just like every other politician. They're all the same. 

That's my concern. I was pretty high on him because of what he did for the state of Florida in the beginning during the pandemic. I appreciate his efforts made in that regard. He bucked the lockdowns that most of the nation was adhering to at the time.

Kudos to him for that. However, as times goes on and more information comes out. You start to get a sense of who he truly is. Just sad really. I wanted to believe in this man. Wanted to give him my vote of confidence in 2024. 

Can't do it now. Hopefully when the time comes and the debates are out there he gets his [BLEEP] handed to him on a grand scale.

Sadly, it's the only way to have a chance in hell at getting on the ballot or reasonably elected in our system of government. And once you're in there, you're part of the club and system. Rinse and repeat.

(03-03-2023, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is nonsense, it's a clear 1A violation and would be tossed out like yesterday's fish. The guy proposing it should be tossed out of the Legislature along with this [BLEEP] bill.

I totally agree.  Requiring people to register with the state in order to write about the state is completely unconstitutional.

And if DeSantis has a lick of sense, he will knock this thing down immediately.  This is not, as they say, "a good look."

And, as expected, he did.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/flor...y-bloggers

During his “State of the State” news conference Tuesday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis denounced state Sen. Jason Brodeur’s bill, which would require bloggers to register with the state.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato