Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls for Protest as his arrest is rumored Tuesday

(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.

I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

And the $300,000 is not for any false allegation.  She sued him for defamation and lost, and therefore, she owes his legal fees.

Personally, this whole matter seems like massive overreach by the prosecutor.   But I don't have any doubt that Trump is lying again like he always does.

You don't know either of those first two things.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 08:52 PM by jj82284.)

(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)EricC85 Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esday.html

All this is going to do is push the trump supporters further into his corner. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for trump to call for protest again. Even if you believe trump is innocent nothing good is going to come from calling for protest. 

Personally I think he's probably guilty of tax crimes and campaign finance violations however an arrest is purely political. I see no winner in this situation.

Then it's not Trump being irresponsible.

(03-18-2023, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)EricC85 Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...esday.html

All this is going to do is push the trump supporters further into his corner. I think it's incredibly irresponsible for trump to call for protest again. Even if you believe trump is innocent nothing good is going to come from calling for protest. 

Personally I think he's probably guilty of tax crimes and campaign finance violations however an arrest is purely political. I see no winner in this situation.

It’s setting a dangerous precedent because you know there will be retribution.

Yeh, Lindsey Graham is going to get to the bottom of it....

(03-18-2023, 01:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:

If he is guilty, it is necessary to arrest and prosecute him regardless of politics.
If and only if he is not guilty would it be political.
If the law Trump allegedly violated is stupid or unconstitutional, let his lawyers argue that in court.

There's my old delusional friend. I missed u.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 08:59 PM by jj82284.)

(03-18-2023, 02:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 02:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't think Clinton's actions, and whether he should have been arrested or not, is relevant to the discussion.  I know Clinton perjured himself when he testified about Monica, and he should have been criminally charged for that, but the indictment against Trump isn't out yet, perhaps they are going to accuse him of something more serious.

He allegey paid 850k in hush money, what they are trying (again) to prosecute Trump for doing. Except that Stormy says it didn't happen while Paula Jones never recanted. It's just another fraud by the Demoncrats in the Establishment but this one will have severe consequences.  

If they cared about the law they would send him a notice to appear, the theatrics are the obvious distraction from their lack of an actual case.

No it won't.  When was the last time the dems actually faced consequences?

(03-18-2023, 03:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So from what I can gather, the charge will be that he paid off Stormy Daniels, and then recorded the payment as legal expenses.  So, perhaps tax evasion?  It doesn't seem to be enough to warrant handcuffing and perp-walking the guy.  It seems like it ought to be one of those IRS letters we all know and love.  "We have some questions about your tax return..."

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but there's no reason to go overboard on this stuff.

Bro....   bro....   

This is sick man.

(03-18-2023, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 03:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So from what I can gather, the charge will be that he paid off Stormy Daniels, and then recorded the payment as legal expenses.  So, perhaps tax evasion?  It doesn't seem to be enough to warrant handcuffing and perp-walking the guy.  It seems like it ought to be one of those IRS letters we all know and love.  "We have some questions about your tax return..."

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but there's no reason to go overboard on this stuff.

Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.

What?

(03-18-2023, 08:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote:

Then it's not Trump being irresponsible.

(03-18-2023, 01:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s setting a dangerous precedent because you know there will be retribution.

(03-18-2023, 01:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: If he is guilty, it is necessary to arrest and prosecute him regardless of politics.
If and only if he is not guilty would it be political.
If the law Trump allegedly violated is stupid or unconstitutional, let his lawyers argue that in court.

Why do you only come back here to simp for Trump? Did he save your pet squirrel when you were kids or something?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-18-2023, 09:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 08:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Then it's not Trump being irresponsible.

Why do you only come back here to simp for Trump? Did he save your pet squirrel when you were kids or something?

I'm not simping for Trump.  I'm team DeSantis. I'm simping for avoiding a civil war.  

I think this leaked as a trial balloon.  I don't think he actually gets arrested.  Or at least I don't want to believe it.  We're on the brink of wwiii, a nuclear exchange, the end of the dollar as the reserve currency, Russo China alliance, the invasion of tiawan and dogs & cats living together and now we're going to risk a civil war over Stormy Daniels?

(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 09:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: Why do you only come back here to simp for Trump? Did he save your pet squirrel when you were kids or something?

I'm not simping for Trump.  I'm team DeSantis. I'm simping for avoiding a civil war.  

I think this leaked as a trial balloon.  I don't think he actually gets arrested.  Or at least I don't want to believe it.  We're on the brink of wwiii, a nuclear exchange, the end of the dollar as the reserve currency, Russo China alliance, the invasion of tiawan and dogs & cats living together and now we're going to risk a civil war over Stormy Daniels?

OK that makes sense.  I share some of your concern, but I don't think we are as close to civil war as you think we are.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Except, according to Daniels,, he neither screwed her nor paid her off. And she owes him 300k for the false and recanted allegation.

I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

And the $300,000 is not for any false allegation.  She sued him for defamation and lost, and therefore, she owes his legal fees.

Personally, this whole matter seems like massive overreach by the prosecutor.   But I don't have any doubt that Trump is lying again like he always does.

He didn't break any laws and per the cases that have reached a verdict, he has won them. She has stated it didn't happen so who knows. We know that Cohen is shady and no clue why Trump would use him but it points to him potentially setting this whole thing up.

The NY DA is trying to take a federal case that was dropped as no crime was committed and make it a state law crime. They are going to try and say that him paying her off benefited his campaign and therefore was a felony campaign financial crime. It's some legal theory that they picked after throwing everything against a wall to try to find something. This is stupid for them to do it but it sets precedent and they won't like it if the people ever get the power back.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(03-18-2023, 08:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

You don't know either of those first two things.

Trump admitted, in a series of tweets, shown here, that he reimbursed Cohen for the money Cohen paid Stormy Daniels.  

President Trump Admits Stormy Daniels Payment After Rudy Giuliani Reveal (people.com)

In the tweets, Trump says the payment was made in order to get her to sign an NDA so she would not talk about an affair that (in his words) never occurred.  He says he paid her to be quiet about something that never happened!  Why in the world would he do that?

(03-19-2023, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 08:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't know either of those first two things.

Trump admitted, in a series of tweets, shown here, that he reimbursed Cohen for the money Cohen paid Stormy Daniels.  

President Trump Admits Stormy Daniels Payment After Rudy Giuliani Reveal (people.com)

In the tweets, Trump says the payment was made in order to get her to sign an NDA so she would not talk about an affair that (in his words) never occurred.  He says he paid her to be quiet about something that never happened!  Why in the world would he do that?

To keep the story out of the public eye, obviously.   Even if false, the accusations could be damaging, politically, socially and maritally.  If you were married and/or in a high-profile position, wouldn't you do the same?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 08:52 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-19-2023, 08:25 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump admitted, in a series of tweets, shown here, that he reimbursed Cohen for the money Cohen paid Stormy Daniels.  

To keep the story out of the public eye, obviously.   Even if false, the accusations could be damaging, politically, socially and maritally.  If you were married and/or in a high-profile position, wouldn't you do the same?

No, because if I paid off people to not lie about me, there'd be no end to it.

Seriously, do you actually believe him when he says he paid her so she wouldn't lie about him?  Really?  Does that seem credible to you?

Having an extramarital affair is not a crime.  It happens all the time.  And Trump is a guy who brags about how many women he's bagged.  So I still don't understand why he paid her off, except that someone in his orbit panicked.  Still, not a crime.  What he might be charged with is tax evasion, since it is alleged that he expensed the payment as "legal fees."  Or maybe some sort of campaign finance violation.  

Personally, I think it's much ado about very little, and I think Biden would be wise to pre-emptively pardon the guy.  Because the prospective handcuffing, perp walk, fingerprinting, etc, is WAY overboard.

(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 09:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: Why do you only come back here to simp for Trump? Did he save your pet squirrel when you were kids or something?

And who’s fighting in this civil war?

(03-19-2023, 03:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 06:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've edited this post at least 3 times.  Here's what I know.  Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000.  Trump reimbursed Cohen for the expense.   Now, if Trump did not have an affair with her, and did not pay her off, why did he pay Cohen back for paying her off?   And if Trump did not have any affair with her, why are there pictures of him with her?  

He didn't break any laws and per the cases that have reached a verdict, he has won them. She has stated it didn't happen so who knows. We know that Cohen is shady and no clue why Trump would use him but it points to him potentially setting this whole thing up.

The NY DA is trying to take a federal case that was dropped as no crime was committed and make it a state law crime. They are going to try and say that him paying her off benefited his campaign and therefore was a felony campaign financial crime. It's some legal theory that they picked after throwing everything against a wall to try to find something. This is stupid for them to do it but it sets precedent and they won't like it if the people ever get the power back.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

This is the problem.  There Is no strategic deterance for democrats.  What consequences do they face?  

Toby Faucci may be directly responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people let alone collateral damage from lockdown policy.  Anything going to happen to him?  

Comes and rosenstein signing affidavidts in the Mueller probe they knew to be false.  Anything?  

Wisconsin election officials violated election law ith drop boxes, it's been proven in court, crickets!  

Proud boys j6 trial.  The government withheld & destroyed exculpatory evidence.  Judge says trial can go ahead nothing to see here.  

McCarthy Graham McConnell and the republican leadership are all on board with the globalist agenda.  They hate Trump more than the dems.  The calls are coming from inside the house.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 09:26 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-18-2023, 06:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/leslibless/status/16...vep0A&s=19

I remember this very well.

That is false.  Clinton did not pay Paula Jones hush money.  The $850,000 was settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit.

(03-19-2023, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm not simping for Trump.  I'm team DeSantis. I'm simping for avoiding a civil war.  

That would be me. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my favorite programming or weekend plans. Oh yeah, and golf. 

There are some compensation issues to work out as well.

(03-19-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And who’s fighting in this civil war?

That would be me. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my favorite programming or weekend plans. Oh yeah, and golf. 

I really don’t want to have to fight my neighbor Dennis. He’s so nice!

Once we find out who’s on which side and the terms and where the fights will be held and which streets we are taking it to and if brass knuckles are allowed and if the Jets and Sharks are fighting….. I’ll think about it!

(03-19-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That would be me. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my favorite programming or weekend plans. Oh yeah, and golf. 

Once we find out who’s on which side and the terms and where the fights will be held and which streets we are taking it to and if brass knuckles are allowed and if the Jets and Sharks are fighting….. I’ll think about it!

I hope it's all on TV.

(03-19-2023, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 08:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't know either of those first two things.

Trump said he paid Cohen his retainer which Cohen used to pay Daniels on his own authority. GULIANI is the one who said Trump reimbursed him for it but the paperwork doesn't agree with him and Trump walked Guliani back on his mistake. It's really stupid that people think DJT, the supposed greatest criminal in history, is so dumb he doesn't have good accountants doing his taxes. But...but...but... Capone! Get outta here with this nonsense, it's just another in a long series of fear induced witch hunting.

(03-19-2023, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm not simping for Trump.  I'm team DeSantis. I'm simping for avoiding a civil war.  

The thing is, it's just a matter of knocking off a few politicians either direction for it to get started. And do you really think that both sides don't have their own crazies ready to do it?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-19-2023, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That would be me. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my favorite programming or weekend plans. Oh yeah, and golf. 

Wait. There’s singing and choreographed dancing involved? No one told me about that. This changes everything.

(03-19-2023, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 06:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/leslibless/status/16...vep0A&s=19

I remember this very well.

That is false.  Clinton did not pay Paula Jones hush money.  The $850,000 was settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Did it shut her mouth? (Lack of better terms)
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 11:54 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-19-2023, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That is false.  Clinton did not pay Paula Jones hush money.  The $850,000 was settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Did it shut her mouth? (Lack of better terms)

No.  There was no reason for an NDA.  Clinton wasn't going to run for any future public office at that point.  It was 1998.

It wasn't a secret deal to shut her up, like Trump did with Stormy Daniels.  It was a completely public settlement of a court case.  There's no equivalence to what Trump is accused of doing, which is (probably) breaking campaign finance laws and tax evasion.  Although Trump hasn't been charged with anything yet.