Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls for Protest as his arrest is rumored Tuesday

(03-19-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Did it shut her mouth? (Lack of better terms)

No.  There was no reason for an NDA.  Clinton wasn't going to run for any future public office at that point.  It was 1998.

It wasn't a secret deal to shut her up, like Trump did with Stormy Daniels.  It was a completely public settlement of a court case.  There's no equivalence to what Trump is accused of doing, which is (probably) breaking campaign finance laws and tax evasion.  Although Trump hasn't been charged with anything yet.

We gottem now, right Marno? lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2023, 02:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No.  There was no reason for an NDA.  Clinton wasn't going to run for any future public office at that point.  It was 1998.

It wasn't a secret deal to shut her up, like Trump did with Stormy Daniels.  It was a completely public settlement of a court case.  There's no equivalence to what Trump is accused of doing, which is (probably) breaking campaign finance laws and tax evasion.  Although Trump hasn't been charged with anything yet.

I sure remember when the last President who was convicted of breaking CFL was perp walked and imprisoned, don't you?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-19-2023, 02:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No.  There was no reason for an NDA.  Clinton wasn't going to run for any future public office at that point.  It was 1998.

No.  I don't think they do.

(03-19-2023, 02:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 02:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We gottem now, right Marno? lolol

I sure remember when the last President who was convicted of breaking CFL was perp walked and imprisoned, don't you?

The j6 narrative is falling apart.  The Stormy daiels story in itself isn't new, won't really move the needle.  They are trying to bat us into j6 part two.  No protests, If charged Trump should surrender post bail and the goal of his messaging should be to position himself above this case and his supporters above violence.  

If an antiwar wannabe group of agitators tries to impersonate Maga Trump should call them out and point out they're fake.

(03-19-2023, 08:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:25 AM)Sneakers Wrote: To keep the story out of the public eye, obviously.   Even if false, the accusations could be damaging, politically, socially and maritally.  If you were married and/or in a high-profile position, wouldn't you do the same?

No, because if I paid off people to not lie about me, there'd be no end to it.

Seriously, do you actually believe him when he says he paid her so she wouldn't lie about him?  Really?  Does that seem credible to you?

Having an extramarital affair is not a crime.  It happens all the time.  And Trump is a guy who brags about how many women he's bagged.  So I still don't understand why he paid her off, except that someone in his orbit panicked.  Still, not a crime.  What he might be charged with is tax evasion, since it is alleged that he expensed the payment as "legal fees."  Or maybe some sort of campaign finance violation.  

Personally, I think it's much ado about very little, and I think Biden would be wise to pre-emptively pardon the guy.  Because the prospective handcuffing, perp walk, fingerprinting, etc, is WAY overboard.

I believe very little of what Trump says and I'm sure he banged her, but as you said, who cares? (Other than his wife).

Tax evasion would be a stretch, as nobody is claiming payment was not made.  The question becomes, is "hush" money a deductible expense?  If you can spend money distributing information to promote yourself, can you spend money preventing the spread of information that could affect you adversely?  

I agree it's much ado about very little and it's obviously politically motivated.  A tax audit might be appropriate, but that's about all.  An arrest is WAY overboard.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Which is why I think Trump should take the PR win and allow the narrative to destroy this DA.

(03-19-2023, 08:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:25 AM)Sneakers Wrote: To keep the story out of the public eye, obviously.   Even if false, the accusations could be damaging, politically, socially and maritally.  If you were married and/or in a high-profile position, wouldn't you do the same?

No, because if I paid off people to not lie about me, there'd be no end to it.

Seriously, do you actually believe him when he says he paid her so she wouldn't lie about him?  Really?  Does that seem credible to you?

Having an extramarital affair is not a crime.  It happens all the time.  And Trump is a guy who brags about how many women he's bagged.  So I still don't understand why he paid her off, except that someone in his orbit panicked.  Still, not a crime.  What he might be charged with is tax evasion, since it is alleged that he expensed the payment as "legal fees."  Or maybe some sort of campaign finance violation.  

Personally, I think it's much ado about very little, and I think Biden would be wise to pre-emptively pardon the guy.  Because the prospective handcuffing, perp walk, fingerprinting, etc, is WAY overboard.

Biden can't pardon anyone from state level crimes.  The only one who can pull the brakes on this train is probably the NY governor, Hochul.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-19-2023, 05:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, because if I paid off people to not lie about me, there'd be no end to it.

Biden can't pardon anyone from state level crimes.  The only one who can pull the brakes on this train is probably the NY governor, Hochul.

You're right.  Biden cannot pardon him.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 06:46 PM by EricC85.)

(03-19-2023, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 09:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm not simping for Trump.  I'm team DeSantis. I'm simping for avoiding a civil war.  

I think this leaked as a trial balloon.  I don't think he actually gets arrested.  Or at least I don't want to believe it.  We're on the brink of wwiii, a nuclear exchange, the end of the dollar as the reserve currency, Russo China alliance, the invasion of tiawan and dogs & cats living together and now we're going to risk a civil war over Stormy Daniels?
And who’s fighting in this civil war?

I don't think there will ever be a civil war like north vs south again. What I do fear is extremist on both sides commiting acts of violence similar to the civil wars in South America. Or the northern Ireland, in America we've enjoyed peaceful transfers of power for a hundred years that might be coming to an end. Hope not but they perp walk an already divisive former president with a cult following who knows.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-19-2023, 06:45 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And who’s fighting in this civil war?

I don't think there will ever be a civil war like north vs south again. What I do fear is extremist on both sides commiting acts of violence similar to the civil wars in South America. Or the northern Ireland, in America we've enjoyed peaceful transfers of power for a hundred years that might be coming to an end. Hope not but they perp walk an already divisive former president with a cult following who knows.

Like the U.S. in the 60s and 70s? We may be divided now, but it’s nothing like then. Bombs were being placed in DC buildings and cops were being assassinated. This country has been in a much darker place in recent history.

(03-19-2023, 06:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 06:45 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't think there will ever be a civil war like north vs south again. What I do fear is extremist on both sides commiting acts of violence similar to the civil wars in South America. Or the northern Ireland, in America we've enjoyed peaceful transfers of power for a hundred years that might be coming to an end. Hope not but they perp walk an already divisive former president with a cult following who knows.

Like the U.S. in the 60s and 70s? We may be divided now, but it’s nothing like then. Bombs were being placed in DC buildings and cops were being assassinated. This country has been in a much darker place in recent history.

Good point there was certainly political violence then hopefully we don't see it again anytime soon.

(03-19-2023, 06:45 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

And perp walk for this.  If Trump shot someone or stole something then hey, the presidency isn't an alibi.  Relitigating campaign finance or tax fillings from 2 election cycles ago is inviting stupidity.

(03-19-2023, 07:42 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 06:45 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't think there will ever be a civil war like north vs south again. What I do fear is extremist on both sides commiting acts of violence similar to the civil wars in South America. Or the northern Ireland, in America we've enjoyed peaceful transfers of power for a hundred years that might be coming to an end. Hope not but they perp walk an already divisive former president with a cult following who knows.

And perp walk for this.  If Trump shot someone or stole something then hey, the presidency isn't an alibi.  Relitigating campaign finance or tax fillings from 2 election cycles ago is inviting stupidity.

Agreed it's to obvious of a stupid move to make, almost as if they are daring someone to do something stupid.

We haven't had a good peaceful protest in quite a while now. Where are the extreme MAGA and BLM supporters to get the domestic news rocking once again.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 01:41 PM by jj82284. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2023, 11:20 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 07:42 PM)jj82284 Wrote: And perp walk for this.  If Trump shot someone or stole something then hey, the presidency isn't an alibi.  Relitigating campaign finance or tax fillings from 2 election cycles ago is inviting stupidity.

Agreed it's to obvious of a stupid move to make, almost as if they are daring someone to do something stupid.

On the one hand I'm glad that most of conservative intelligencia is peaking this out.  Beck, mtg, I've seen others poo posing this idea of matching and carrying on in the current climate.  

I am disappointed in Trump.  He should have known something like this was on the radar.  He should have had the response and pr campaign all fired up to paint these people as the Gustavo without risking the life safety and freedom of his supporters # Desantis

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 02:54 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2023, 01:41 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 11:20 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Agreed it's to obvious of a stupid move to make, almost as if they are daring someone to do something stupid.

On the one hand I'm glad that most of conservative intelligencia is peaking this out.  Beck, mtg, I've seen others poo posing this idea of matching and carrying on in the current climate.  

I am disappointed in Trump.  He should have known something like this was on the radar.  He should have had the response and pr campaign all fired up to paint these people as the Gustavo without risking the life safety and freedom of his supporters # Desantis

(03-20-2023, 11:20 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Agreed it's to obvious of a stupid move to make, almost as if they are daring someone to do something stupid.

Yeah, just like the Gustavo.  lol  

I agree this whole idea of handcuffing and perp-walking a former President is really stupid.  I hope someone can step in and stop it from happening.  It sets a really bad precedent and unnecessarily inflames people.  Not to mention, why do we handcuff and perp walk people who are charged with non-violent crimes?  There's no reason for it.

A couple of interesting facts: the last President who was arrested was US Grant, arrested for speeding in his horse and buggy (while he was President).  He paid a fine.  
Secondly, if Trump refuses to go back to NYC and surrender, NY would try to extradite him from Florida, and Ron DeSantis would have to agree to extradite him.

(03-19-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That would be me. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my favorite programming or weekend plans. Oh yeah, and golf. 

There are some compensation issues to work out as well.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this board day after day !!!

(03-20-2023, 11:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We haven't had a good peaceful protest in quite a while now.  Where are the extreme MAGA and BLM supporters to get the domestic news rocking once again.

[Image: red-dawn-wolverines.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 05:04 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-20-2023, 02:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:41 PM)jj82284 Wrote: On the one hand I'm glad that most of conservative intelligencia is peaking this out.  Beck, mtg, I've seen others poo posing this idea of matching and carrying on in the current climate.  

I agree this whole idea of handcuffing and perp-walking a former President is really stupid.  I hope someone can step in and stop it from happening.  It sets a really bad precedent and unnecessarily inflames people.  Not to mention, why do we handcuff and perp walk people who are charged with non-violent crimes?  There's no reason for it.

A couple of interesting facts: the last President who was arrested was US Grant, arrested for speeding in his horse and buggy (while he was President).  He paid a fine.  
Secondly, if Trump refuses to go back to NYC and surrender, NY would try to extradite him from Florida, and Ron DeSantis would have to agree to extradite him.

I'm guessing the intent here was the Gestapo.  Otherwise, my co-worker Gustavo from Venezuela is gonna be upset that he's linked with a potential arrest of Trump.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-20-2023, 02:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:41 PM)jj82284 Wrote: On the one hand I'm glad that most of conservative intelligencia is peaking this out.  Beck, mtg, I've seen others poo posing this idea of matching and carrying on in the current climate.  

I'm pretty sure that judges decide whether to cooperate with extradition orders or not, not governors.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.