Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Darnell or Dawand

This is shaping up to be a replacement draft, with the Jags picking a RT to replace Taylor in the 1st and a DT to replace Key in the 2nd. I just have that feeling with the way the picks are lining up. 

I see Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee, now being mocked to the Jags. I also see Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State, being mocked a little lower. It appears Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia, is out of reach. 

Do you think Wright and D. Jones are better prospects than Jawaan Taylor coming out of college? If not, then, perhaps CB or TE would be BAP here unless a blue-chipper takes a precipitous fall.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2023, 04:24 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: This is shaping up to be a replacement draft, with the Jags picking a RT to replace Taylor in the 1st and a DT to replace Key in the 2nd. I just have that feeling with the way the picks are lining up. 

I see Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee, now being mocked to the Jags. I also see Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State, being mocked a little lower. It appears Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia, is out of reach. 

Do you think Wright and D. Jones are better prospects than Jawaan Taylor coming out of college? If not, then, perhaps CB or TE would be BAP here unless a blue-chipper takes a precipitous fall.

Get the big guys early.

nuff said.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2023, 08:39 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Would rather see Will McDonald at 24 and Cody Mauch at 56 over Wright and Jones. Just think there's better value to be had with McDonald coming off the edge and Mauch can play virtually every position on the offensive line. Including LT and RT. However, he's an immediate starter at LG which then gives us our depth back with Bartch and Shatley to help out Fortner and Scherff.

McDonald was somebody I started watching closely as a RD2 or RD3 option. Now I am seeing mocked as a first round option. He's tested well for the most with his pro day still out there. He's basically built like Arden Key but way more decorated coming out of college. These are these big, freak athlete types that Baalke covets. That would be my go to at this point in time.

Robinson and Little are our tackles. I think it's the interior that needs to be addressed in this draft.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I do think Wright is a possibility being he's played LT and RT, he's a very big and athletic tackle, and he pretty much dominated Will Anderson. If they feel he could play guard it makes it even more of a possibility. He could possibly go before we pick though to Ten, Pit, or NE. He was a 5 star recruit coming out of college as well and had offers from Ala, LSU, and Georgia but chose Tenn. He could be our swing tackle this year and start at LG. He might be a beast at LG. Next year he could stay LG if he was good there and both of our tackles had good seasons, or he could move to one of the tackle spots if one has a down year and we cut Cam if needed

I think it is almost certain we go Guard and Tackle in the first 3 rounds. Just depends on how the draft falls.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2023, 08:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Would rather see Will McDonald at 24 and Cody Mauch at 56 over Wright and Jones. Just think there's better value to be had with McDonald coming off the edge and Mauch can play virtually every position on the offensive line. Including LT and RT. However, he's an immediate starter at LG which then gives us our depth back with Bartch and Shatley to help out Fortner and Scherff.

McDonald was somebody I started watching closely as a RD2 or RD3 option. Now I am seeing mocked as a first round option. He's tested well for the most with his pro day still out there. He's basically built like Arden Key but way more decorated coming out of college. These are these big, freak athlete types that Baalke covets. That would be my go to at this point in time.

Robinson and Little are our tackles. I think it's the interior that needs to be addressed in this draft.

I'm definitely with you on these 2 picks. McDonald was not used appropriately in college and still had good production. Playing Edge rusher full-time will maximize his talents and enable Walker to move to the defensive line where I believe he can wreak havoc on offensive linemen. The Chris Jones comparison I saw today may not be that far off for Walker as I don't believe any one lineman can consistently contain his raw power. 

Mauch is probably about 50-50 to be there when the Jaguars pick in round 2. I see him as a pro-bowl guard in the NFL who can fill in at tackle if necessary. I don't believe he could hold up as a left tackle on a long-term basis due to his physical limitations. I like his potential so much that I'd be willing to trade up slightly (throwing in a 4th rounder) if it looked like he could be taken shortly before the Jags are on the clock in round 2. I could see him as a fan favorite due to his aggressive style of play and toothless smile!

I do have a "gut feeling" that Baalke will take Darnell Wright in round 1. He has all the physical tools necessary to be a very good left tackle. What concerns me about Wright is his lack of consistency at the college level. Drew Boylhart of the Huddle Report has concerns regarding Wright's "lack of mental and physical stamina" as well as times when he gets "lazy, sloppy and inconsistent" when blocking. He also finds it puzzling that Wright would be moved from left to right tackle his last season with a right-handed quarterback. While Boylhart makes his share of mistakes like all other draft "experts," he is more often right than wrong regarding his player evaluations and is not afraid to differ from the overall consensus on a prospective pick. By the way, he also "loves" Cody Mauch and believes he can become a franchise player for the team that selects him at any position on the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2023, 01:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2023, 12:36 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 08:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Would rather see Will McDonald at 24 and Cody Mauch at 56 over Wright and Jones. Just think there's better value to be had with McDonald coming off the edge and Mauch can play virtually every position on the offensive line. Including LT and RT. However, he's an immediate starter at LG which then gives us our depth back with Bartch and Shatley to help out Fortner and Scherff.

I'm definitely with you on these 2 picks. McDonald was not used appropriately in college and still had good production. Playing Edge rusher full-time will maximize his talents and enable Walker to move to the defensive line where I believe he can wreak havoc on offensive linemen. The Chris Jones comparison I saw today may not be that far off for Walker as I don't believe any one lineman can consistently contain his raw power. 

Mauch is probably about 50-50 to be there when the Jaguars pick in round 2. I see him as a pro-bowl guard in the NFL who can fill in at tackle if necessary. I don't believe he could hold up as a left tackle on a long-term basis due to his physical limitations. I like his potential so much that I'd be willing to trade up slightly (throwing in a 4th rounder) if it looked like he could be taken shortly before the Jags are on the clock in round 2. I could see him as a fan favorite due to his aggressive style of play and toothless smile!

I do have a "gut feeling" that Baalke will take Darnell Wright in round 1. He has all the physical tools necessary to be a very good left tackle. What concerns me about Wright is his lack of consistency at the college level. Drew Boylhart of the Huddle Report has concerns regarding Wright's "lack of mental and physical stamina" as well as times when he gets "lazy, sloppy and inconsistent" when blocking. He also finds it puzzling that Wright would be moved from left to right tackle his last season with a right-handed quarterback. While Boylhart makes his share of mistakes like all other draft "experts," he is more often right than wrong regarding his player evaluations and is not afraid to differ from the overall consensus on a prospective pick. By the way, he also "loves" Cody Mauch and believes he can become a franchise player for the team that selects him at any position on the offensive line.

Cody's versatility is what I think makes him more valuable. Especially for our team and current situation. I agree with throwing in a pick to move up to get him. If they can't work something out my next two targets would be TCU's Avila and Ohio States Wypler. They offer good value and versatility within the interior at the moment for this roster. 

I just can't see Baalke sitting on those 4th and 6th RD picks. He'll eventually move up at some point. Would be funny if he moves up into RD1 AGAIN for the 2nd year in a row to land another guy he thinks can start right away. We'll see. I think Iowa St. had it's pro day today. Not sure if it's still ongoing but I want to see how McDonald fairs there. 

USC is also going today at the moment. Tony Pauline is there. Looking forward to seeing how Addison and Tuipulotu perform. Blackmon at CB is an interesting prospect out there as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-21-2023, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 12:36 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm definitely with you on these 2 picks. McDonald was not used appropriately in college and still had good production. Playing Edge rusher full-time will maximize his talents and enable Walker to move to the defensive line where I believe he can wreak havoc on offensive linemen. The Chris Jones comparison I saw today may not be that far off for Walker as I don't believe any one lineman can consistently contain his raw power. 

Cody's versatility is what I think makes him more valuable. Especially for our team and current situation. I agree with throwing in a pick to move up to get him. If they can't work something out my next two targets would be TCU's Avila and Ohio States Wypler. They offer good value and versatility within the interior at the moment for this roster. 

I just can't see Baalke sitting on those 4th and 6th RD picks. He'll eventually move up at some point. Would be funny if he moves up into RD1 AGAIN for the 2nd year in a row to land another guy he thinks can start right away. We'll see. I think Iowa St. had it's pro day today. Not sure if it's still ongoing but I want to see how McDonald fairs there. 

USC is also going today at the moment. Tony Pauline is there. Looking forward to seeing how Addison and Tuipulotu perform. Blackmon at CB is an interesting prospect out there as well.

Avila is a good option at guard. Joe Tippman is another guy who falls within the same draft range. While he played center at Wisconsin, he's very capable of moving to guard. He might be too tall to play center effectively in the NFL.