Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft Thread

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2023, 12:34 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here's a mock I did and I figured we could post all our mocks in here. 
Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh

Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

Carrington Valentine
CB Kentucky

Luke Schoonmaker
TE Michigan

Jadon Haselwood
WR Arkansas

DeWayne McBride
RB UAB
JAX

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Cam Jones
LB Indiana

2024 IND 2nd
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love this draft
Dawand Jones
OT Ohio State

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah

A.T. Perry
WR Wake Forest

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
CB TCU

Nick Hampton
EDGE Appalachian State

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Shaka Heyward
LB Duke

Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2023, 12:05 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-22-2023, 12:34 PM)Dimson Wrote:
Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh

Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

Carrington Valentine
CB Kentucky

Luke Schoonmaker
TE Michigan

Jadon Haselwood
WR Arkansas

DeWayne McBride
RB UAB
JAX

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Cam Jones
LB Indiana

2024 IND 2nd

Which simulator are you using? Just curious. It may be outdated. Kancey and Johnson would be STEALS in those rounds but they're both projected as first day picks, no later than RD2 at the maximum. Schoonmaker is also shooting up in value because of how he's tested. Kincaid not participating in his Pro Day just hurt him a bit from his TE class.

(03-22-2023, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote: I love this draft
Dawand Jones
OT Ohio State

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah

A.T. Perry
WR Wake Forest

CB TCU

Nick Hampton
EDGE Appalachian State

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Shaka Heyward
LB Duke

Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green

This is pretty good. Been high on Karl Brooks. Not sure he'll fall that far though. He's starting to get the attention he deserves. Probably a RD3/RD4 guy now. AT Perry at 90 would awesome. Your first two picks are homeruns. Landing two starters on the offensive line with versatility is fantastic. Hampton is an interesting edge rushing prospect. I like him late along with Wisconsin's Herbig this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-23-2023, 12:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 12:34 PM)Dimson Wrote:
Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh

Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

Carrington Valentine
CB Kentucky

Luke Schoonmaker
TE Michigan

Jadon Haselwood
WR Arkansas

DeWayne McBride
RB UAB
JAX

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Cam Jones
LB Indiana

2024 IND 2nd

Which simulator are you using? Just curious. It may be outdated. Kancey and Johnson would be STEALS in those rounds but they're both projected as first day picks, no later than RD2 at the maximum. Schoonmaker is also shooting up in value because of how he's tested. Kincaid not participating in his Pro Day just hurt him a bit from his TE class.

(03-22-2023, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote: I love this draft
Dawand Jones
OT Ohio State

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State

Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah

A.T. Perry
WR Wake Forest

CB TCU

Nick Hampton
EDGE Appalachian State

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee

Shaka Heyward
LB Duke

Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green

This is pretty good. Been high on Karl Brooks. Not sure he'll fall that far though. He's starting to get the attention he deserves. Probably a RD3/RD4 guy now. AT Perry at 90 would awesome. Your first two picks are homeruns. Landing two starters on the offensive line with versatility is fantastic. Hampton is an interesting edge rushing prospect. I like him late along with Wisconsin's Herbig this year.

I use pro football network due to the fact they have a lot of break downs in a lot of the guys in the draft.

Darnell Washington
TE Georgia
trade
JAX

Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State
JAX

Warren McClendon
OT Georgia
trade
JAX

Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M
JAX

CB TCU
JAX

Parker Washington
WR Penn State
JAX

Deuce Vaughn
RB Kansas State
JAX

Shaka Heyward
LB Duke
JAX

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma
JAX

Byron Young
EDGE Tennessee
JAX

Went with PFF just now. No trades.

Pick 24: Will McDonald IV - EDGE
Pick 56: Cody Mauch - LG/LT
Pick 88: Garrett Williams - CB
Pick 121: Zack Kuntz - TE
Pick 127: Riley Moss - CB
Pick 185: Yasir Abdullah - EDGE
Pick 202: Will Mallory - TE
Pick 208: Trevor Reid - LT
Pick 226: Anthony Bradford - RG/LT

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-24-2023, 08:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Went with PFF just now. No trades.

I'll take it! You got a true Edge rusher to improve the pass rush immediately. Mauch is a great pick who will start at guard and be a likely replacement at tackle if an injury to Robinson or Little occurs. Bartch would then replace him at guard. Garrett Williams should be the starting nickel after winning a spirited competition with the underrated Riley Moss. Kuntz and Reid are perfect developmental players at tight end and left tackle. Both have the physical/athletic traits to eventually become good players at the NFL level.

Now, we need to get Calais signed today!

(03-24-2023, 08:38 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 08:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Went with PFF just now. No trades.

I'll take it! You got a true Edge rusher to improve the pass rush immediately. Mauch is a great pick who will start at guard and be a likely replacement at tackle if an injury to Robinson or Little occurs. Bartch would then replace him at guard. Garrett Williams should be the starting nickel after winning a spirited competition with the underrated Riley Moss. Kuntz and Reid are perfect developmental players at tight end and left tackle. Both have the physical/athletic traits to eventually become good players at the NFL level.

Now, we need to get Calais signed today!

Yeah. That's my logic and hope here. If we don't get Calais signed I would opt for a bigger option at DL there instead of Riley Moss in RD4.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 09:41 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we don't get one of these top TEs, I want Zack Kuntz. He is 6'8 and the most athletic TE of All Time. With how great Doug and Trev are at using the TE i think they will get the most out of whatever TE we draft. The potential is through the roof with Kuntz. While he is working on his route running his rookie year we can always put him to the outside and throw the jump ball. Not sure I'd any DB will beat Kunts on a jump ball. 6'7 and a 40" vertical. He also runs a 4.5 so not many LBs or Safeties will out run him. I really like LaPorta but I think we have to take him in the 2nd and I don't see him being the top player available there

Kuntz in the 3rd and Vorhees in the 4th. 2 players that could be studs in 2024

(03-24-2023, 09:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't get one of these top TEs, I want Zack Kuntz.  He is 6'8 and the most athletic TE of All Time.  With how great Doug and Trev are at using the TE i think they will get the most out of whatever TE we draft.  The potential is through the roof with Kuntz.  While he is working on his route running his rookie year we can always put him to the outside and throw the jump ball.  Not sure I'd any DB will beat Kunts on a jump ball. 6'7 and a 40" vertical.  He also runs a 4.5 so not many LBs or Safeties will out run him.  I really like LaPorta but I think we have to take him in the 2nd and I don't see him being the top player available there

Agreed. Realistically because of Kuntz's athletic ability I doubt he'll fall to the fourth round. We would probably have to pull the trigger on him with the 88th selection. Vorhees should be there in RD4 after the ACL injury. He'll be a sit and wait project but that's fine for now. 

This is still a really deep TE class though. Tucker Kraft and Luke Schoonmaker are interesting prospects. Because of Washington, Mayer and Kincaid's production and skillsets against bigger competition I would expect them to go off the board first. The trick is trying to figure out when the run will start. 

If the top three TE's go on the opening night of the draft you'll see a run on them on day two. I just don't think we're going to prioritize this position until RD4 because they have Engram and Farrell and they can still sign another free agent that fits the blocking mold.

(03-24-2023, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 09:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we don't get one of these top TEs, I want Zack Kuntz.  He is 6'8 and the most athletic TE of All Time.  With how great Doug and Trev are at using the TE i think they will get the most out of whatever TE we draft.  The potential is through the roof with Kuntz.  While he is working on his route running his rookie year we can always put him to the outside and throw the jump ball.  Not sure I'd any DB will beat Kunts on a jump ball. 6'7 and a 40" vertical.  He also runs a 4.5 so not many LBs or Safeties will out run him.  I really like LaPorta but I think we have to take him in the 2nd and I don't see him being the top player available there

Agreed. Realistically because of Kuntz's athletic ability I doubt he'll fall to the fourth round. We would probably have to pull the trigger on him with the 88th selection. Vorhees should be there in RD4 after the ACL injury. He'll be a sit and wait project but that's fine for now. 

This is still a really deep TE class though. Tucker Kraft and Luke Schoonmaker are interesting prospects. Because of Washington, Mayer and Kincaid's production and skillsets against bigger competition I would expect them to go off the board first. The trick is trying to figure out when the run will start. 

If the top three TE's go on the opening night of the draft you'll see a run on them on day two. I just don't think we're going to prioritize this position until RD4 because they have Engram and Farrell and they can still sign another free agent that fits the blocking mold.

Agree, that's why I said Kuntz in the 3rd amd Vorhees in the 2nd.  Musgrave could likely be drafted in the 1st as well.  It's the top 4 and then the next tier imo.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 12:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Charles Davis 1st mock has us taking Bresee

https://www.nfl.com/news/charles-davis-2...-vikings-t

Prisco has us taking Nolan Smith

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...n-defense/

Walter Football has us taking Tyrique Stevenson, I'd hate this pick.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023_1.php

(03-24-2023, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Charles Davis 1st mock has us taking Bresee

All of these selections are high risk. Bresee and Smith both have injury concerns coming into the NFL with very little production to match the hype they're receiving. Stevenson feels like a big reach there. They have Antonio Johnson going to the clots at 35 in RD2. That would be the guy to take over Stevenson. Doesn't have the character concerns neither like Stevenson.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 01:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-24-2023, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Charles Davis 1st mock has us taking Bresee

All of these selections are high risk. Bresee and Smith both have injury concerns coming into the NFL with very little production to match the hype they're receiving. Stevenson feels like a big reach there. They have Antonio Johnson going to the clots at 35 in RD2. That would be the guy to take over Stevenson. Doesn't have the character concerns neither like Stevenson.
Yeah, they have Torrence, Mayer, Washington etc. after Stevenson. Id take all 3 of those over Johnson

(03-24-2023, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Going off of Walter's board in a perfect world my draft would look like this

1. Torrence
2. Washington
3. Uzomah
4. Dawand Jones
4. Tomlinson

(03-24-2023, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: All of these selections are high risk. Bresee and Smith both have injury concerns coming into the NFL with very little production to match the hype they're receiving. Stevenson feels like a big reach there. They have Antonio Johnson going to the clots at 35 in RD2. That would be the guy to take over Stevenson. Doesn't have the character concerns neither like Stevenson.
Yeah, they have Torrence, Mayer, Washington etc. after Stevenson. Id take all 3 of those over Johnson

(03-24-2023, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: All of these selections are high risk. Bresee and Smith both have injury concerns coming into the NFL with very little production to match the hype they're receiving. Stevenson feels like a big reach there. They have Antonio Johnson going to the clots at 35 in RD2. That would be the guy to take over Stevenson. Doesn't have the character concerns neither like Stevenson.

1. Torrence
2. Washington
3. Uzomah
4. Dawand Jones
4. Tomlinson

Yeah. That's pretty nuts. Getting a starting LG and the best TE in this draft would be perfect. Dawand Jones in RD4 seems unlikely. I don't mind Tomlinson out of TCU.

(03-24-2023, 01:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, they have Torrence, Mayer, Washington etc. after Stevenson. Id take all 3 of those over Johnson

1. Torrence
2. Washington
3. Uzomah
4. Dawand Jones
4. Tomlinson

Yeah. That's pretty nuts. Getting a starting LG and the best TE in this draft would be perfect. Dawand Jones in RD4 seems unlikely. I don't mind Tomlinson out of TCU.

Agreed, I dont see where Walter comes up with this [BLEEP] lol.  Hes gotten worse over the years.  None of the picks outside of Torrence will be there when we pick the spots i took them in .  I could see all even going a round earlier and I think Jones goes in the 2nd.  If Jones is there in the 2nd when we pick I could see us taking him there

Michael Mayer
TE Notre Dame
trade
JAX

Will McDonald IV
EDGE Iowa State
trade
JAX

Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin
trade
JAX

Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse
JAX

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
JAX

Mekhi Garner
CB LSU
JAX

Jalen Green
S Mississippi State
JAX

Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State
JAX

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma
JAX

2024 NYG 4th

I like Torrence. I think LG for tlaw is super important. After that a db is also crucial.

(03-26-2023, 10:15 PM)Dimson Wrote: 34.
Michael Mayer
TE Notre Dame
trade
JAX

Will McDonald IV
EDGE Iowa State
trade
JAX

Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin
trade
JAX

Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse
JAX

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
JAX

Mekhi Garner
CB LSU
JAX

Jalen Green
S Mississippi State
JAX

Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State
JAX

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma
JAX

2024 NYG 4th

Some good talent there^ 

If the Jags draft a RB before fixing nickel I may need to see a cardiologist, but there's some good talent there.

(03-27-2023, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 10:15 PM)Dimson Wrote: 34.
Michael Mayer
TE Notre Dame
trade
JAX

Will McDonald IV
EDGE Iowa State
trade
JAX

Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin
trade
JAX

Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse
JAX

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
JAX

Mekhi Garner
CB LSU
JAX

Jalen Green
S Mississippi State
JAX

Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State
JAX

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma
JAX

2024 NYG 4th

Some good talent there^ 

If the Jags draft a RB before fixing nickel I may need to see a cardiologist, but there's some good talent there.

Normally I would have picked a DB first, but that is how the draft fell and Spears is too good to pass up.