Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft Thread

Ran one on PFN with some trades this time:

Darnell Wright - RT - 30
Darnell Washington - TE - 56
Sydney Brown - S/NCB - 88
Zach Harrison - EDGE - 116
Luke Schoonmaker - TE - 121
Byron Young - EDGE - 127
Parker Washington - WR - 149
Nick Herbig - EDGE - 185
PJ Mustipher - NT - 202
Trevor Reid - Swing OT - 208
Yasir Abdullah - EDGE - 226

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No trades this time.

Nolan Smith - EDGE - 24
O'Cyrus Torrence - OG - 56
Sam LaPorta - TE - 88
Wanya Morris - OT - 121
Carrington Valentine - CB - 127
Dorian Thompson-Robinson - QB - 185
Anthony Bradford - OG - 202
Josh Whyle - TE - 208
Mohamed Ibrahim - 226

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 11:36 PM by Dimson.)

(04-04-2023, 07:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No trades this time.

Nolan Smith - EDGE - 24
O'Cyrus Torrence - OG - 56
Sam LaPorta - TE - 88
Wanya Morris - OT - 121
Carrington Valentine - CB - 127
Dorian Thompson-Robinson - QB - 185
Anthony Bradford - OG - 202
Josh Whyle - TE - 208
Mohamed Ibrahim - 226

Not bad.

Dawand Jones
OT Ohio State
trade
JAX

Luke Musgrave
TE Oregon State
trade
JAX

Steve Avila
OG TCU
trade
JAX

A.T. Perry
WR Wake Forest
JAX

Jaylon Jones
CB Texas A&M
trade
JAX

Zacch Pickens
DT South Carolina
JAX

Colby Wooden
DT Auburn
JAX

Nick Herbig
EDGE Wisconsin
JAX

DeMarcco Hellams
S Alabama
trade
JAX

Cam Jones
LB Indiana
JAX
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

No trades.
JAX
Peter Skoronski
OT Northwestern

JAX
Mazi Smith
DT Michigan

JAX
Kyu Blu Kelly
CB Stanford

JAX
Emil Ekiyor Jr.
OG Alabama

JAX
Cameron Latu
TE Alabama

JAX
Rakim Jarrett
WR Maryland

JAX
Nick Herbig
EDGE Wisconsin

JAX
DeWayne McBride
RB UAB

Just did this on Fanspeak:

Broderick Jones - OT - 24

Dalton Kincaid - TE - 56

Quan Martin - Nickel -  88

Steve Avilla - Guard - 121

Andrew Vorhees - Guard - 127

Caleb Murphy - Edge - 185

Ya Ya Diaby - Edge - 202

Darius Rush - CB - 208

This one is to make Trevor happy as the offensive line should be set for a long time. Jones may have the biggest upside at tackle and Avilla/Vorhees will be bookend guards beginning 2014 after Vorhees does rehab. The Kincaid pick will also make him happy, although I see no way he drops to 56. Quan Martin is one of my favorite players in this draft due to his versatility in the secondary. He's likely the day 1 starter at nickel. Diaby and Murphy are developmental pass rushers with big upsides. I expect the team to sign a veteran pass rusher in the near future- especially after Jenkins' re-structured contract. Darius Rush was a bonus in round 6 and will make the team for depth in the secondary in 2023 with the traits to eventually become a starter. No way that he'll be available at 208, but I'd gladly take him on day 3 with one of the 4th round picks.

I've done mocks in which nothing came together, but this draft enabled me to take what I considered the BAP with every pick.

On another note, yesterday's snafu with this site lead me to a state of utter panic! The thought of being unable to engage in these discussions with knowledgeable Jaguars' fans prior to draft-time caused me to lose my state of equilibrium for most of the day!!

Avila at 121 is crazy to me. That's a big time steal.

Just did a simulator on pff mock. It only lets you do 3 rounds for free.

1. Broderick Jones
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. Clark Phillips

(04-08-2023, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just did a simulator on pff mock.  It only lets you do 3 rounds for free.

1. Broderick Jones
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. Clark Phillips

That is an excellent 3 rounds. I just did this one, also, and my picks were:

1. Broderick Jones
2. Darnell Washington
3. Quan Martin

I was slightly torn between Nolan Smith and Jones in Round 1. They are my two favorite players for round 1, but I went with the offensive lineman due to losing Taylor. Round 2 presented another dilemma as Foskey was still on the board. While pass rush is definitely a greater need than tight end, I just believe Washington would help the team more. The Edge group is deep, but I'm not entirely sold on any of them other than Will Anderson. My hope is that they add one of the top remaining free agents like Leonard Floyd or Frank Clark, re-sign Smoot at a good price due to his injury and wait until round 4 to draft a developmental pass rusher like Ya Ya Diaby. Martin is one of my favorite players in this draft due to his versatility. He would be the starter at nickel on day 1, but could play free safety and cornerback if necessary. He and Phillips would be my two favorite nickel prospects if they wait until day 2. Martin has a good chance to go in round 2 due to his excellent Combine.

I'd be elated with either of our 3 round mocks if they come to fruition at the end of this month!

(04-08-2023, 04:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just did a simulator on pff mock.  It only lets you do 3 rounds for free.

1. Broderick Jones
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. Clark Phillips

That is an excellent 3 rounds. I just did this one, also, and my picks were:

1. Broderick Jones
2. Darnell Washington
3. Quan Martin

I was slightly torn between Nolan Smith and Jones in Round 1. They are my two favorite players for round 1, but I went with the offensive lineman due to losing Taylor. Round 2 presented another dilemma as Foskey was still on the board. While pass rush is definitely a greater need than tight end, I just believe Washington would help the team more. The Edge group is deep, but I'm not entirely sold on any of them other than Will Anderson. My hope is that they add one of the top remaining free agents like Leonard Floyd or Frank Clark, re-sign Smoot at a good price due to his injury and wait until round 4 to draft a developmental pass rusher like Ya Ya Diaby. Martin is one of my favorite players in this draft due to his versatility. He would be the starter at nickel on day 1, but could play free safety and cornerback if necessary. He and Phillips would be my two favorite nickel prospects if they wait until day 2. Martin has a good chance to go in round 2 due to his excellent Combine.

I'd be elated with either of our 3 round mocks if they come to fruition at the end of this month!
Yeah, that would be a great draft as well. I like Martin but Sidney Brown is the guy i really want and like out of that secondary along with Witherspoon.  Brown would take Jenkins spot next year at SS and wold get some good playing time this year. He looks a little like Polamalu out there imo. Last year they hat Kerby Joseph in that secondary as well.  Crazy good secondary they have had the past couple years.

(04-09-2023, 05:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...aken-late/

I dig it.

Is the Panthers taking Young or Stroud?

(04-10-2023, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is the Panthers taking Young or Stroud?

Right now from what I'm hearing, Stroud. If it is me , I'm taking Young all day though.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 03:04 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

This is a damn good pick imo. He should of taken a QB or Breese lol. A lot of these picks would br great picks for the teams

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...nbase/amp/

(04-11-2023, 03:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is a damn good pick imo. He should of taken a QB or Breese lol.  A lot of these picks would br great picks for the teams

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...nbase/amp/

I'm with you on this. Jones would be a great pick for the Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 04:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Solid first 2 rounds

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...29989?s=20

Who would yall draft in this situation? I think I would go Branch here and it looks like the majority vote.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic...e-jaguars/

(04-11-2023, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who would yall draft in this situation?  I think I would go Branch here and it looks like the majority vote.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic...e-jaguars/

Branch is easy first choice from this group. Second choice would be McDonald.

PFN no trades, a few of the later round picks I didn’t really know but just went with position need and rating….

Pick 24. Denote Banks.    CB

Pick 56 Caljah Kancey      DL

Pick 88 Warren McClendon. OL

Pick 121 Luke Schoonmaker. TE

Pick 127 Andrew Vorhees    OL

Pick 185 Jalen Green.         S

Pick 202 Shaka. Hayward.   LB

Pick 208. Jalen Redmond.   DL

Pick 226. Yasir. Abdullah.  Edge

Davis has us taking Murphy

https://www.nfl.com/news/charles-davis-2...-ravens-ta