Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mock Draft Thread

Here is a really good 7 round mock for us. I cant complain to much about this draft and our D would be very much improved. As much as i like Phillips in the 2nd though I wouldnt take him over Washington. With that said we got really good value in the 6th with Mallory. I really like Smith in the 3rd as well. Smith is one of my favorite S in the draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-...ichardson/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2023, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here is a really good 7 round mock for us.  I cant complain to much about this draft and our D would be very much improved.  As much as i like Phillips in the 2nd though I wouldnt take him over Washington.  With that said we got really good value in the 6th with Mallory.  I really like Smith in the 3rd as well.  Smith is one of my favorite S in the draft.

I like the first couple of picks for sure.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Only thing I wish I did was get a NB earlier in the draft. Other than that, I love it.

JAX
Mazi Smith
DT Michigan
trade

JAX
Will McDonald IV
EDGE Iowa State
trade

JAX
Cody Mauch
OT North Dakota State
trade

JAX
Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

JAX
Trey Palmer
WR Nebraska
trade

JAX
Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin

JAX
Jordan McFadden
OT Clemson
trade

JAX
Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
trade

JAX
Riley Moss
CB Iowa
trade

JAX
DeMarcco Hellams
S Alabama
trade

JAX
Payne Durham
TE Purdue

2024 CIN 2nd

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 04:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think Carolina picks Young. I just cant see a team trading up that far for Stroud

(04-16-2023, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here is a really good 7 round mock for us. I cant complain to much about this draft and our D would be very much improved. As much as i like Phillips in the 2nd though I wouldnt take him over Washington. With that said we got really good value in the 6th with Mallory. I really like Smith in the 3rd as well. Smith is one of my favorite S in the draft.

Hate it. Its too defensively heavy and the biggest issue I have is us passing on the likes of Sam Laporta, not once, but twice, within the 4th RD for a rotational DT and project OT.

There's no way that happens. LaPorta slipping outside of the top 100 also seems highly suspect. As deep as this TE class is. He's one of the more consistent, well rounded, RAC receiving options to be had.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-16-2023, 11:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 11:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here is a really good 7 round mock for us.  I cant complain to much about this draft and our D would be very much improved.  As much as i like Phillips in the 2nd though I wouldnt take him over Washington.  With that said we got really good value in the 6th with Mallory.  I really like Smith in the 3rd as well.  Smith is one of my favorite S in the draft.

Hate it. Its too defensively heavy and the biggest issue I have is us passing on the likes of Sam Laporta, not once, but twice, within the 4th RD for a rotational DT and project OT.

There's no way that happens. LaPorta slipping outside of the top 100 also seems highly suspect. As deep as this TE class is. He's one of the more consistent, well rounded, RAC receiving options to be had.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's TE 5 for me.  I wouldn't pass on Washington of he made it to our 2nd round pick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...mock-draft

I think this is one of the best mocks yet. If you don't want to click:

1. Anton Harrison
2. Cam Smith
3. Byron Young
4. Zack Kuntz
5. Colby Wooden

(04-18-2023, 10:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...mock-draft

1. Anton Harrison
2. Cam Smith
3. Byron Young
4. Zack Kuntz
5. Colby Wooden

I like all those players. Byron Young tested really well. Some might shy away at his age, but I am not one of those guys. When I'm drafting someone, especially not in the first or second round, I would do it with the understanding that I am most likely only going to get 4 years with that player and everything else is a bonus.

(04-18-2023, 10:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...mock-draft

1. Anton Harrison
2. Cam Smith
3. Byron Young
4. Zack Kuntz
5. Colby Wooden

This hits every single note for me and the value is perfect for each round IMHO. Couldn't have asked for a better first five selections there.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just ran a mock run on PFN, and, this is by far the craziest one I have seen yet. Check this [BLEEP] out. LOL. I didn't look for this trade neither. The system offered it to me.

Cleveland offered me:
Picks 74, 98, a future 2nd RD pick and RB Nick Chubb!

I gave them 24 and 121

Would I do this in real life? Probably not. But, this was fun nonetheless! They took Quentin Johnston with our 24th overall pick by the way.

56th - Felix Anudike-Uzomah - EDGE
74th - Siaki Ika - NT
88th - Luke Wypler - OG/OC
98th - Zack Kuntz - TE
127th - Dontayvion Wicks - WR
185th - Nick Broeker - OG/OT
202nd - Anthony Bradford - OG/OT
208th - Mekhi Blackmon - Nickel/CB
226th - Josh Whyle - TE

Plus Nick [BLEEP] Chubb at RB to go along with Travis Etienne in 2023 and a future 2nd RD pick. I'll take it.

No trades:

24th - Brian Branch - S/Nickel CB
56th - Darnell Washington - TE
88th - Sam LaPorta - TE
121st - Wanya Morris - OT
127th - Carrington Valentine - CB
185th - Will Mallory - TE
202nd - Yaya Diaby - EDGE
208th - Jalen Redmond - DT
226th - Karl Brooks - EDGE

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2023, 04:51 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

ALL THE TRADES:

Gave 24 and 226 to Green Bay for 45, 78 and future 2nd RD pick.
Gave 56 to Buffalo for 59 and future 6th RD pick.
Gave 59 to Baltimore for 86 and WR Rashod Bateman.
Gave 78 and 185 to Detroit for 81 and RB DeAndre Swift.

45th - Mazi Smith - DT
81st - Sam LaPorta - TE
86th - Zach Harrison - EDGE
88th - Blake Freeland - OT
121st - Byron Young - EDGE
127th - Byron Young - DT
202nd - Anthony Bradford - OG/OT

Also gained a WR in Bateman, a RB in Swift and a future 2nd and 6th round pick while still landing relatively solid prospects in areas of need. My favorite part? Landing Young & Young in the same round. Highly unlikely neither guy is there in RD4 like that but man that would be sweet value and hilarious. Our front four would be nasty here IMHO.

Mazi Smith, Zach Harrison, and the Young's in this rotation? Next to Walker and Allen with Fatukasi in the middle? Whew. That's a lot of great size with freakish speed there in this scenario. LaPorta is a steal in RD3. Period. Freeland and Bradford are both excellent values as swing tackle/guard prospects with room to grow into starters in 2024 as well.

Played around with PFN this morning, I like this one the best.

#46 - Steve Avila, G, TCU
#56 - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, K State
#63 - Cody Mauch, OT, ND State
#74 - John Michael Schmitz, C, Minn
#88 - Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisc
#99 - Darius Rush, CB, USC
#126 - Zacch Pickens, DT, USC
#127 - Emil Ekiuyor Jr., G, Alabama
#202 - Ja'Von Hicks, S, Cincy
#208 - Deuce Vaughn, RB, K State
#226 - Kemari Averett, TE, Bethune-Cookman

Had multiple offers for #24, ended up taking #31 and a 3rd then moved down again to pick up two other mid round picks. Movement after that was based on value picks in this draft but ended up with an extra 3 and 4 next year plus I moved up once to get Rush by sending a 3 and K'Lavon Chaisson somewhere else. Each pick I made was for a guy rated several spots about the pick, so it was an all value draft with a focus on big bodies to develop for 2024.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Going to be interesting to see what pans out.  I can’t recall a draft where I’ve seen so many players and positions mocked to us.  I guess it could be considered a good thing that we’re not showing our cards.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-20-2023, 10:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Played around with PFN this morning, I like this one the best.

#46 - Steve Avila, G, TCU
#56 - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, K State
#63 - Cody Mauch, OT, ND State
#74 - John Michael Schmitz, C, Minn
#88 - Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisc
#99 - Darius Rush, CB, USC
#126 - Zacch Pickens, DT, USC
#127 - Emil Ekiuyor Jr., G, Alabama
#202 - Ja'Von Hicks, S, Cincy
#208 - Deuce Vaughn, RB, K State
#226 - Kemari Averett, TE, Bethune-Cookman

Had multiple offers for #24, ended up taking #31 and a 3rd then moved down again to pick up two other mid round picks. Movement after that was based on value picks in this draft but ended up with an extra 3 and 4 next year plus I moved up once to get Rush by sending a 3 and K'Lavon Chaisson somewhere else. Each pick I made was for a guy rated several spots about the pick, so it was an all value draft with a focus on big bodies to develop for 2024.

I would love that draft. I really like Avila but the Jags don't have a big history of drafting guys for OL shorter than 6'5.

Today's list:

#56 - Keion White, Edge, GT
#58 - Steve Aliva, G, TCU
#88 - Gervon Dexter, DT, UF
#90 - Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
#115 - DJ Johnson, Edge, Oregon
#121 - Ricky Stromberg, OC, Arkansas
#127 - Byron Young, DT, Alabama
#150 - Carrington Valentine, NB, Kentucky
#185 - Will Mallory, TE, The U
2024 #2 - Dallas
2024 #3 - Dallas

I don't know that we'll have those kinds of opportunities to move down, but if we can pick up and extra 2 and an extra 3 in this draft there's a lot more talent sitting around between 50 and 100 than at the end of the 1st round. That's the only real constant other than the QBs going out immediately.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-21-2023, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Today's list:

#56 - Keion White, Edge, GT
#58 - Steve Aliva, G, TCU
#88 - Gervon Dexter, DT, UF
#90 - Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
#115 - DJ Johnson, Edge, Oregon
#121 - Ricky Stromberg, OC, Arkansas
#127 - Byron Young, DT, Alabama
#150 - Carrington Valentine, NB, Kentucky
#185 - Will Mallory, TE, The U
2024 #2 - Dallas
2024 #3 - Dallas

I don't know that we'll have those kinds of opportunities to move down, but if we can pick up and extra 2 and an extra 3 in this draft there's a lot more talent sitting around between 50 and 100 than at the end of the 1st round. That's the only real constant other than the QBs going out immediately.

This draft is deep at a lot of positions. Might not top heavy but it is deep imo.