Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Indicted, Charges are pending...

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 08:55 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-03-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: HB, read those cases. In every case, the conviction directly relates to the other crimes being committed, and there's a clear campaign fund violation. None of these are crimes of intent or being used to elevate expired misdemeanors to a felony offense.

I'm almost impressed at how irrelevant that article has been so far. This is exactly why moderates keep getting duped. They need to stop slurping down everything that's put in front of them.

It’s scary. Like the poster who ventured in here the other day and posted how Trump had shut down an “African American school” because he’s a raayyyycist. None of it was true yet he didn’t question it at all. He simply believed it wholesale because he was told so. 

To be fair, there’s an equal amount on the right who are as ignorant. This is the result of the decline of journalism and the rise of activism in our schools. Critical thinking is becoming more scarce by the day.

I think the problem is social media.  It allows things to get pushed out into the public eye where a lot of people grab it and run with it.  There's more than one person on this message board who posts whatever tweet he comes across that he likes, without any critical thinking or fact checking at all.  Winston Churchill said a lie can get halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.  And that was before social media.

There are people on this message board who are thoughtful and take care about what they say and post, but there are others who throw spaghetti at the wall and when none of it sticks, they just go get some more and throw it on the wall.  It's like they can't compete intellectually, so they just throw rocks.  

Lucky2Last uses facts and reason, and even though we are at opposite ends on many issues, that is still a respectable way to operate.  But others?  Just trash talk, and spaghetti throwing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2023, 08:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s scary. Like the poster who ventured in here the other day and posted how Trump had shut down an “African American school” because he’s a raayyyycist. None of it was true yet he didn’t question it at all. He simply believed it wholesale because he was told so. 

To be fair, there’s an equal amount on the right who are as ignorant. This is the result of the decline of journalism and the rise of activism in our schools. Critical thinking is becoming more scarce by the day.

I think the problem is social media.  It allows things to get pushed out into the public eye where a lot of people grab it and run with it.  There's more than one person on this message board who posts whatever tweet he comes across that he likes, without any critical thinking or fact checking at all.  Winston Churchill said a lie can get halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.  And that was before social media.

Social media lends to it, no doubt, but it’s compounded by the fact that the institutions previously regarded as the arbiters of truth have become complicit in lazy and politicized thinking.

We need social media, though. I think we could do with less algorithms that cater to our biases, but the idea that information is open and available is good. It's what should be helping to combat our biases. I guess what I'm saying is make social media more organic.

(04-03-2023, 08:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s scary. Like the poster who ventured in here the other day and posted how Trump had shut down an “African American school” because he’s a raayyyycist. None of it was true yet he didn’t question it at all. He simply believed it wholesale because he was told so. 

There are people on this message board who are thoughtful and take care about what they say and post, but there are others who throw spaghetti at the wall and when none of it sticks, they just go get some more and throw it on the wall.  It's like they can't compete intellectually, so they just throw rocks.  

Lucky2Last uses facts and reason, and even though we are at opposite ends on many issues, that is still a respectable way to operate.  But others?  Just trash talk, and spaghetti throwing.

Well jeez Marty, if you don't like someone's content, why not just block this person? I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all.. And maybe they feel like they don't need to compete for intellectual superiority on a message board. Maybe they feel like they have nothing to prove, especially to you or anyone else.  Smile
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 10:39 AM by mikesez.)

(04-03-2023, 07:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This is what I'm talking about. You post something that is supposed to be "educational" without being critical of it. I read that first case, went and looked up the details, and it's not even in the ballpark of what's happening with Trump.

I'm onto case two, and, again, who would compare these charges?

We don't even have the charges against Trump yet.

(04-03-2023, 09:47 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We need social media, though. I think we could do with less algorithms that cater to our biases, but the idea that information is open and available is good. It's what should be helping to combat our biases. I guess what I'm saying is make social media more organic.

I agree.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-03-2023, 09:47 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We need social media, though. I think we could do with less algorithms that cater to our biases, but the idea that information is open and available is good. It's what should be helping to combat our biases. I guess what I'm saying is make social media more organic.

Until social media becomes a tool of bias and selective information, a la Twitter before Musk.

Social media is more dangerous than the MSM because it does not operate under the guise and expectation of truth. Trump was able to use it to bypass the filters of the MSM. He caught the left by surprise. Now they control popular social media with the same ardent sense of intolerance as practiced in the media. 

It’s an evolving technology which does allow access to information. However, there are no constitutional mandates which hold them to accountability. Since Trump, it has become much less a source of open information and dialogue.

(04-03-2023, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Until social media becomes a tool of bias and selective information, a la Twitter before Musk.

Social media is more dangerous than the MSM because it does not operate under the guise and expectation of truth. Trump was able to use it to bypass the filters of the MSM. He caught the left by surprise. Now they control popular social media with the same ardent sense of intolerance as practiced in the media. 

It’s an evolving technology which does allow access to information. However, there are no constitutional mandates which hold them to accountability. Since Trump, it has become much less a source of open information and dialogue.

Social media should be nothing more and nothing less than a framework for the user to see the latest from their friends, from brands and channels they've opted in to, and ads.  
As soon as a post is seen by say 1,000 or 10,000 people, either the platform (say Twitter) or the channel (say the Twitter account for CNN) has to accept and demonstrate insurance for monetary liability for the truth of the post.  Typically this will mean that if an average user like us has something start to go viral, the network will pump the brakes on it until they review it, and they won't make the time, and our post will never expand beyond that arbitrary limit.  So much fewer posts will go viral, and those that do will be in an expected pattern of bias.  "CNN leans left, Western journal leans right," etc.

(04-03-2023, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This is a great example on why I follow the individual and not the organization or company relaying that individuals message (with a few exceptions)..

CNN, Fox, MSNBC ect.. All of them are guilty of construing the individuals message to fit their own personal agenda, good or bad. So I, like many others, ditched those media outlets and began getting information straight from the horses mouth. 

Now whether or not that information is factual is a different story. I can easily believe scores of people debunking a statement on Twitter over a news media outlet debunking that same statement.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-03-2023, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/164...J8KZA&s=19

John Gotti had similar support.

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/john-got...-class-son

(04-03-2023, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Until social media becomes a tool of bias and selective information, a la Twitter before Musk.

Social media should be nothing more and nothing less than a framework for the user to see the latest from their friends, from brands and channels they've opted in to, and ads.  
As soon as a post is seen by say 1,000 or 10,000 people, either the platform (say Twitter) or the channel (say the Twitter account for CNN) has to accept and demonstrate insurance for monetary liability for the truth of the post.  Typically this will mean that if an average user like us has something start to go viral, the network will pump the brakes on it until they review it, and they won't make the time, and our post will never expand beyond that arbitrary limit.  So much fewer posts will go viral, and those that do will be in an expected pattern of bias.  "CNN leans left, Western journal leans right," etc.

That would cover factual disputes, but when strategic omissions and biased narratives are in play, it becomes a different legal animal.

It's weird how fast we just discarded the 1st Amendment on this page of posts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Who's disregarding it?

You can say whatever you want as long as you accept liability for it, or someone accepts it for you.

(04-03-2023, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: HB, read those cases. In every case, the conviction directly relates to the other crimes being committed, and there's a clear campaign fund violation. None of these are crimes of intent or being used to elevate expired misdemeanors to a felony offense.

I'm almost impressed at how irrelevant that article has been so far. This is exactly why moderates keep getting duped. They need to stop slurping down everything that's put in front of them.

It’s scary. Like the poster who ventured in here the other day and posted how Trump had shut down an “African American school” because he’s a raayyyycist. None of it was true yet he didn’t question it at all. He simply believed it wholesale because he was told so. 

If you're going to quote me, I'd Truly appreciate it if you did it correctly. Don't manipulate what I post. Within another thread (Trump Calls for Protest) I stated that Trump shut down the school/program that Michelle Obama had put in place and he did it on her birthday of which he did. I NEVER said that Trump did it because he was "Raayyycist". I did say that he and his parents are racist because of their past history to which I know this to be a fact because I did my homework on them years ago. I don't say/type things that I know to be false.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-04-2023, 08:14 AM)NH3 Wrote:

If you're going to quote me, I'd Truly appreciate it if you did it correctly. Don't manipulate what I post. Within another thread (Trump Calls for Protest) I stated that Trump shut down the school/program that Michelle Obama had put in place and he did it on her birthday of which he did. I NEVER said that Trump did it because he was "Raayyycist". I did say that he and his parents are racist because of their past history to which I know this to be a fact because I did my homework on them years ago. I don't say/type things that I know to be false.

NH3...

And subsequently you were proven wrong. The only thing you accomplished was showing the willingness to believe anything the biased media spoon feeds you.

(04-03-2023, 10:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the problem is social media.  It allows things to get pushed out into the public eye where a lot of people grab it and run with it.  There's more than one person on this message board who posts whatever tweet he comes across that he likes, without any critical thinking or fact checking at all.  Winston Churchill said a lie can get halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.  And that was before social media.

Well jeez Marty, if you don't like someone's content, why not just block this person? I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all.. And maybe they feel like they don't need to compete for intellectual superiority on a message board. Maybe they feel like they have nothing to prove, especially to you or anyone else.  Smile

To this I Concur because this is Me ALL Day. Every Day.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-04-2023, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 08:14 AM)NH3 Wrote: If you're going to quote me, I'd Truly appreciate it if you did it correctly. Don't manipulate what I post. Within another thread (Trump Calls for Protest) I stated that Trump shut down the school/program that Michelle Obama had put in place and he did it on her birthday of which he did. I NEVER said that Trump did it because he was "Raayyycist". I did say that he and his parents are racist because of their past history to which I know this to be a fact because I did my homework on them years ago. I don't say/type things that I know to be false.

NH3...

And subsequently you were proven wrong. The only thing you accomplished was showing the willingness to believe anything the biased media spoon feeds you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/17/us/po...trump.html

You can look it up if you care to do so. This is only one of four that I googled in a simple minute. Let me know what you come up/w.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-04-2023, 08:34 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And subsequently you were proven wrong. The only thing you accomplished was showing the willingness to believe anything the biased media spoon feeds you.

You can look it up if you care to do so. This is only one of four that I googled in a simple minute. Let me know what you come up/w.

NH3...

That’s a paywall. 

You wrote: “He shut dow a school that catered to African American girls to which Mrs. Obama created and he did it on her Birthday.”

(04-04-2023, 08:34 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And subsequently you were proven wrong. The only thing you accomplished was showing the willingness to believe anything the biased media spoon feeds you.

NH3...

We did look it up, your exact words in the post HB is referring I already proved were wrong. Just admit that you were wrong and we can move on. Keep digging in and you just Mikesez your account,
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato