Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan: "Baalke, Pederson, Lawrence = Trifecta"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My head agrees. My much battered Jaguars heart say, ‘Fool! You know better!’

(03-31-2023, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My head agrees. My much battered Jaguars heart say, ‘Fool! You know better!’

I am in the same spot !
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 11:40 AM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah can we please have back to back successful seasons before we get out ahead on this? I am optimistic but really need to see a bit more before I join Khan with Teel Aid.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-31-2023, 11:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Yeah can we please have back to back successful seasons before we get out ahead on this? I am optimistic but really need to see a bit more before I join Khan with Teel Aid.
This is the year to cement the faithfulness in his confidence amongst the fanbase. Especially after the ticket prices went up.

Our schedule on paper is tough opponents wise without actually knowing the layout yet home and away wise.

Buffalo, Kansas City, San Francisco and a handful of other play off caliber teams to contest with and potentially one up one of them in the AFC for a higher play off seeding.

I am giving them 11 wins in 2023. If they only won 9 or 10 it wouldn't surprise me though. Again, tough schedule.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-31-2023, 11:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 11:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Yeah can we please have back to back successful seasons before we get out ahead on this? I am optimistic but really need to see a bit more before I join Khan with Teel Aid.
This is the year to cement the faithfulness in his confidence amongst the fanbase. Especially after the ticket prices went up.

Our schedule on paper is tough opponents wise without actually knowing the layout yet home and away wise.

Buffalo, Kansas City, San Francisco and a handful of other play off caliber teams to contest with and potentially one up one of them in the AFC for a higher play off seeding.

I am giving them 11 wins in 2023. If they only won 9 or 10 it wouldn't surprise me though. Again, tough schedule.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I will say that no matter the outcome, if I see the development and progress, the win column won't be my only judge. We have seen enough fool's gold to know the difference.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 12:21 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. Actually, the real “trifecta” Lawrence Pederson and khan.

I hope we will look back on this after lifting the Lombardi and say 'Well yep, you were right.'
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Just win the division and make the tournament and hope for the best.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 12:00 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm with Meatloaf: 2 out 3 ain't bad...Jags88 sums up my thoughts exactly.

Just think about it.

A little over a year ago, that trifecta was clown face garbage.

(04-01-2023, 08:16 PM)Predator Wrote: Just think about it.

Indicative of typical fan overreaction more than anything IMO 

But I get the hesitancy with Baalke. I was concerned, just not tripping.

Regardless, pairing him with a worthy coaching staff makes up a lot of ground, even if we don't know who to credit or blame at times.

(04-01-2023, 09:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Regardless, pairing him with a worthy coaching staff makes up a lot of ground, even if we don't know who to credit or blame at times.

The irrational ire toward him is still there for some. I mean, given the past 7 months you have to be able to walk it back to at least withhold judgement, right?

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 01:24 AM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2023, 12:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 09:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Indicative of typical fan overreaction more than anything IMO 

The irrational ire toward him is still there for some. I mean, given the past 7 months you have to be able to walk it back to at least withhold judgement, right?

I have walked it back to "Walker has to make a pro bowl on his rookie contract". To have a first overall pick be anything less would be a disaster. Trevor doesn't make up for first overall busts, especially when the guy picked 3 spots later made all-pro his rookie year.

(04-02-2023, 01:24 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 12:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The irrational ire toward him is still there for some. I mean, given the past 7 months you have to be able to walk it back to at least withhold judgement, right?

I have walked it back to "Walker has to make a pro bowl on his rookie contract". To have a first overall pick be anything less would be a disaster. Trevor doesn't make up for first overall busts, especially when the guy picked 3 spots later made all-pro his rookie year.

Agreed. Doug was telling Baalke not to overthink it - ie, probably take Hutchinson. I hope he learns his lesson moving forward. We’ll see. I’m also ticked off about Robinson’s extension and continuing to play him over Little because of it. Baalke doubles down on stupid instead of cutting his losses.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 03:34 AM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-02-2023, 03:00 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 01:24 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: I have walked it back to "Walker has to make a pro bowl on his rookie contract". To have a first overall pick be anything less would be a disaster. Trevor doesn't make up for first overall busts, especially when the guy picked 3 spots later made all-pro his rookie year.

Agreed. Doug was telling Baalke not to overthink it - ie, probably take Hutchinson. I hope he learns his lesson moving forward. We’ll see. I’m also ticked off about Robinson’s extension and continuing to play him over Little because of it. Baalke doubles down on stupid instead of cutting his losses.
I heard a story from a guy who used to be 'round here: The jags were in love with Darrelle Revis: talked with him, worked him out and told him (on the DL) he was their pick. The jets liked him too, but we're weighing their options. They heard how enamored with him the jags were, picked him and asked the jags for a kings ransom. The jags didn't want to pay the price, and the rest is history.
 I wonder if Baalke could've done the same with Gardner or Hutchinson.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 08:30 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

I still go back to the point that Baalke has never done well in the mid rounds as a GM. Cisco would probably be his best selection and that was in the 3rd.

This goes back to his time in San Francisco where his drafts were terrible.

(04-01-2023, 09:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I remember everyone talking about dressing up like clowns for the last game. So stupid.

I thought hadn't been given enough time.

I have never had a doubt about Khan's commitment and Baalke I thought hadn't been given enough time to judge yet.

I was most concerned about Trevor (although I understood he was just a rookie and too early to make any real judgement) because I wasn't sure he could perform under pressure.

He definitely has shown last season he can play under pressure.

My goals for him next year is to not put the ball on the turf as much as last year and start games sharper. I want to see more first quarter heroics.

Not too concerned about that because I know if you asked him, those would be two major things he he would tell you he needs to improve on next year and the coaching staff would probably agree

The Jags certainly have the coach and QB, but it remains to be seen whether they have the GM.

Spending tons of money in free agency to get to 1 game over .500 because the QB is playing at an elite level doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Walker will have to dramatically improve as a pass rusher for that pick to look good, and the rest of last year's draft is puzzling at best. Two off the ball linebackers in the top three rounds with neither of them being good? That doesn't seem like good roster management to me.

The Conner trade-up pick had the stink of needs-based desperation, but it's forgivable in the back half of the draft.

The cap eating signings of this off-season are even more concerning. Herndon and Beathard make no sense. Find the next Brock Purdy.

It's for sure true that the Jaguars have the hardest part fixed already, and I think most GMs are capable of finding enough decent players in the draft for a good roster if the coach and QB are right, but a couple of more drafts like last year could have the Jaguars at sub .500 with the best QB and coach in the division.

Baalke is not a hit not yet at least. Maybe in a year or two of 10+ wins and no salary cap hell and more hits on draft picks.
No Fun