Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan: "Baalke, Pederson, Lawrence = Trifecta"

(04-03-2023, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 03:56 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think so far he's been a mid-tier GM with the Jaguars. I wish we had the Ravens' Decosta or the Eagles' Roseman, but the Jaguars could certainly do much worse and have had much worse. The GMs in the division are all newbies learning on the job, except for the Colts' GM, who rode Reid & Mahomes's coattails to his job and hasn't been very effective. I wouldn't want any of them.

He was definitely taking a page out of Gene Smith's book there, only Smith would've picked someone on no one's radar from West Montana State.

I predict Walker can be salvaged if they play him inside at least half the time, especially third downs.

I like Walker alot and think he can turn out to be a beast.  I just dont think he will ever be as good as Hutch, hopefully im wrong.  I didnt understand it because Hutch is a great athlete as well on top of the production.  Hutch is a top 20 all time in RAS and NFL. com had Hutch with the highest athletic score for edge last year.  Walker is a insane athlete but so is Hutch.  Hutch had a better 3 cone, better shuttle, better 10 yrd split, and had 28 reps where Walker didnt bench,  and better vertical than Walker.  So he was the better athlete, with more production, and a better pass rusher.

Yes, it was Baalke's ego getting the best of him. He wanted to be super scout, like Gene Smith. Hutch would've really solidified the defense and been a great leader on top of that. I honestly don't know why Baalke gets paid more than say $50,000/year. Any reasonably informed fan could probably produce the same or better drafts than him using a team of pro scouts, provided the fan doesn't often overrule the consensus picks with super scout reaches.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Khan: "Baalke, Pederson, Lawrence = Trifecta" - by TheDogCatcher - 04-03-2023, 09:22 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 04-26-2023, 08:13 PM