Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Little's future with the Jags
This poll is closed.
Beats Cam out this year for LT and a bookend for us at LT
15.79%
12 15.79%
Plays RT this year and moves to LT next year
51.32%
39 51.32%
Plays RT this year and keeps improving and becomes a bookend RT for us
19.74%
15 19.74%
Just stays our swing and backup tackle
13.16%
10 13.16%
He plays LG this year
0%
0 0%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Walker Little's future

What do yall think will be Little's future with the Jags?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meant to put this in the Jags section. Can a mod move for me? Thanks

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 11:17 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

If Little was going to play LG I feel they would have put him in when Bartch went down.

Back tonight to finish this post and vote…..

(04-02-2023, 11:14 AM)wg171 Wrote: If Little was going to play LG I feel they would have put him in when Bartch went down.

You would think.  But Doug mentioned in one of his press conferences that you could possibly see Little at G this year.

Not sure. I think the problem is that he struggled at RT. Was given a shot to win a job last summer and he lost it to Taylor who is now gone.

He finally played LT last year for three weeks when Robinson went down and it was clear he's way more comfortable and natural there. Which is what he did in college.

I could see him playing LG this year but I still think him and Robinson should compete for the starting LT position. Robinson's contract is a pisser. It's easily the biggest cap hit to eat this year.

But, protecting Lawrence should supersede any contract situation. I think they'll draft a swing tackle in RD2 or RD4 and work on relying on Little at RT, Robinson at LT and Bartch at LG.

As a fan? Not a fan of this. Feel its extremely risky but as most pundits and locals are pointing out. The general consensus is that we're going to need a pass rusher and nickel slot CB to address our defensive issues early in the draft.

This kind of pisses me off to be honest. Because of the money and draft picks spent on defense last year. The expectations should be that the year two, year three guys step their damn game up with Caldwell in year two as a coordinator.

I think three of our first four selections SHOULD be on offense personally. I would want a Guard, Swing Tackle and Tight End from this year's class early to ensure we have viable depth behind injury prone lineman or outright upgrades and somebody that can compliment Engram in a year that he's been tagged with no guarantees at the moment that he's extended.

This is Baalke's biggest test yet in the NFL as a General Manager as far as I am concerned. This could be the year that sets the team back for a year or two or catapults them into consistent AFC South dominance.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think Walker's struggled at RT last camp is because is never played RT. With a full camp where he gets all the starting reps and experience I think he could be a damn good RT. It's a hard switch for a lot of guys but I think Little is talented enough to make the switch. Penei Sewell struggled mightly at RT but finally settled in, I think we could see the same for Little.

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/12/de...ive-weeks/

(04-02-2023, 11:14 AM)wg171 Wrote: If Little was going to play LG I feel they would have put him in when Bartch went down.

I felt that way last year.  If the coaches thought he was a good guard, why not at least use him after the Bartch injury?  However, I'm now less confident in that position.  I've heard O-zone say multiple times this offseason that Walker Little to guard is a possibility.  O-zone is not one to come up with wild theories on his own.  If he's saying it, I highly suspect the coaches have at least discussed it.  They might not have used Little at guard last year because he had no experience at the position.  It's possible that they believe that Little could be an effective guard if they gave him an entire offseason to learn the position.  As such, I think Little at left guard is a possibility.  

That being said, I voted for starting right tackle this year and left tackle in the future.  I think it is the most likely scenario.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 02:33 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2023, 11:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure. I think the problem is that he struggled at RT. Was given a shot to win a job last summer and he lost it to Taylor who is now gone.

He finally played LT last year for three weeks when Robinson went down and it was clear he's way more comfortable and natural there. Which is what he did in college.

I could see him playing LG this year but I still think him and Robinson should compete for the starting LT position. Robinson's contract is a pisser. It's easily the biggest cap hit to eat this year.

But, protecting Lawrence should supersede any contract situation. I think they'll draft a swing tackle in RD2 or RD4 and work on relying on Little at RT, Robinson at LT and Bartch at LG.

As a fan? Not a fan of this. Feel its extremely risky but as most pundits and locals are pointing out. The general consensus is that we're going to need a pass rusher and nickel slot CB to address our defensive issues early in the draft.

This kind of pisses me off to be honest. Because of the money and draft picks spent on defense last year. The expectations should be that the year two, year three guys step their damn game up with Caldwell in year two as a coordinator.

I think three of our first four selections SHOULD be on offense personally. I would want a Guard, Swing Tackle and Tight End from this year's class early to ensure we have viable depth behind injury prone lineman or outright upgrades and somebody that can compliment Engram in a year that he's been tagged with no guarantees at the moment that he's extended.

This is Baalke's biggest test yet in the NFL as a General Manager as far as I am concerned. This could be the year that sets the team back for a year or two or catapults them into consistent AFC South dominance.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

They spent more money on offense last year than defense.  The year before took 2 offensive players in the 1st. The offense was top 10 last year and just added Ridley.  The defense not so much.  I think both sides of the ball could use work which is why I think we should go BPA, offense or defense.  Regardless of which side of the ball we pick, we just have to hit on the pick.   We have to hit on some mid to late round picks as well.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 03:09 PM by The Real Marty.)

I voted RT this year and LT next year.  I can see the possibility that signing Trevor to a contract extension could squeeze a few high priced guys off the roster.  Cam might be one of them, if we find a guy this year in the 2023 draft who can play RT in 2024.

Young stud at a premium position. I think his best position is LT. This is what good teams do; draft and develop.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 05:09 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2023, 03:39 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Young stud at a premium position. I think his best position is LT. This is what good teams do; draft and develop.

Did the Lions make a mistake with Sewell?

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 04:06 PM by mikesez.)

lIRC, we didn't see Little play RT last year except in preseason, briefly, against backups. All we know is he competed with Taylor and lost. And we know Taylor was decent last year. So maybe there's nothing to worry about, and Little will be fine at either tackle position.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-02-2023, 04:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: lIRC, we didn't see Little play RT last year except in preseason, briefly, against backups. All we know is he competed with Taylor and lost. And we know Taylor was decent last year. So maybe there's nothing to worry about, and Little will be fine at either tackle position.

I agree. The “he lost to Taylor” line isn’t exactly a blemish. Taylor played well enough to sign a huge contract with a well run organization.

I picked the LT option for what it’s worth. I think he starts there if Cam is still recovering and doesn’t give up the spot. I’m no OL expert, but I was very impressed with him coming off the bench.

Cam plays RT for 1 or 2 more seasons and moves to a different team in need of a OT.

Will start at RT this year, gain some valuable experience, and be the man at LT next season. That should be the goal at least.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(04-02-2023, 04:33 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 04:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: lIRC, we didn't see Little play RT last year except in preseason, briefly, against backups.  All we know is he competed with Taylor and lost.  And we know Taylor was decent last year.  So maybe there's nothing to worry about, and Little will be fine at either tackle position.

I agree.  The “he lost to Taylor” line isn’t exactly a blemish.  Taylor played well enough to sign a huge contract with a well run organization.

I picked the LT option for what it’s worth.  I think he starts there if Cam is still recovering and doesn’t give up the spot.  I’m no OL expert, but I was very impressed with him coming off the bench.

Cam plays RT for 1 or 2 more seasons and moves to a different team in need of a OT.

Little is built to play LT. He’s not a space eater; he’s more finesse. I’d rather he play LG and swing tackle this year or just take over Cam’s spot and force Cam to play RT if he wants to see the field.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

RT is currently his job to lose.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 11:21 PM by wg171. Edited 5 times in total.)

(04-02-2023, 11:14 AM)wg171 Wrote: Really a great question and a difficult one.

If Little was going to play LG I feel they would have put him in when Bartch went down.

…I just don’t think Cam will play anything but LT so Little probably will be at LG or RT this year. I really want to revisit this topic after the draft.

Guessing this is Cam’s last season as a Jag. Would have been better to have just tagged him for a year.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 12:01 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

The problem with Little is he just ain’t good enough. If he was going to beat out Robinson, he would have already did it. He couldn’t beat out Taylor on the right side and he had 2 seasons to win 2 separate jobs.

He doesn’t have the athleticism and he isn’t strong enough. He’s not a punisher, he’s more of an absorber. He might not be a starter this season depending on who the Jaguars draft.

If he was good enough, other teams would have showed interest as he was ridin pine the last 2 seasons.

(04-02-2023, 11:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The problem with Little is he just ain’t good enough. If he was going to beat out Robinson, he would have already did it. He couldn’t beat out Taylor on the right side and he had 2 seasons to win 2 separate jobs.

He doesn’t have the athleticism and he isn’t strong enough. He’s not a punisher, he’s more of an absorber. He might not be a starter this season depending on who the Jaguars draft.

If he was good enough, other teams would have showed interest as he was ridin pine the last 2 seasons.

Lmao. The guy is one of the more athletic tackles in the league. You show your football ignorance very often on this board.

(04-02-2023, 11:06 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 11:14 AM)wg171 Wrote: Really a great question and a difficult one.

…I just don’t think Cam will play anything but LT so Little probably will be at LG or RT this year. I really want to revisit this topic after the draft.

Guessing this is Cam’s last season as a Jag. Would have been better to have just tagged him for a year.

I don't get this logic and I've seen it more than once.  If they decide he's going to play RT, he'll play RT.  He's already being paid as an LT so what is the difference?  Pride?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]