Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Little's future with the Jags
This poll is closed.
Beats Cam out this year for LT and a bookend for us at LT
15.79%
12 15.79%
Plays RT this year and moves to LT next year
51.32%
39 51.32%
Plays RT this year and keeps improving and becomes a bookend RT for us
19.74%
15 19.74%
Just stays our swing and backup tackle
13.16%
10 13.16%
He plays LG this year
0%
0 0%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Walker Little's future

Interesting. Should give Little the keys to the door at LT now. His job to lose. Unless a top OT falls that can play both spots? I see swing tackle or RT as a day 2 option tomorrow night.

My concerns with Robinson were valid with or without the suspension.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2023, 06:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Should give Little the keys to the door at LT now. His job to lose. Unless a top OT falls that can play both spots? I see swing tackle or RT as a day 2 option tomorrow night.

Agreed, Little should be out LT.  I don't see any LT in this draft at 24 beating out Little there

(04-27-2023, 06:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Should give Little the keys to the door at LT now. His job to lose. Unless a top OT falls that can play both spots? I see swing tackle or RT as a day 2 option tomorrow night.

Yeah

If it's me - I'm giving LT to Little and not looking back. Cam had his shot and blew it.

(04-27-2023, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yeah

If it's me - I'm giving LT to Little and not looking back. Cam had his shot and blew it.
Barring injury, Cam will never play LT for the Jags again.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 01:25 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

This weekend I rewatched the Jets, Texans and Titan's games from week 16, 17 and 18.

Why is the left tackle position even in question? All three of those teams have solid defensive lines and Walker had no problems.

We're now set at the tackle position for the next few years (as long as we lock up Walker early). The guard position is a much larger concern moving forward imo.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Due to the suspension Robinson nows has the opportunity to fall into the Wally Pipp category. Seems he only has himself to blame so if it happens I expect some gnashing of teeth.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-07-2023, 01:22 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: This weekend I rewatched the Jets, Texans and Titan's games from week 16, 17 and 18.

Why is the left tackle position even in question? All three of those teams have solid defensive lines and Walker had no problems.

We're now set at the tackle position for the next few years (as long as we lock up Walker early). The guard position is a much larger concern moving forward imo.

I think this is an argument for Cam and Anton, battling at RT and LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

2 weeks in by far our top olineman

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/walker-little/52287

(09-18-2023, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 weeks in by far our top olineman

Makes the Robinson situation that much more difficult because he's a LT. Do we really tell Little to step inside at LG with Robinson coming back if Little continues to remain this good after two weeks in?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2023, 05:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 weeks in by far our top olineman

Makes the Robinson situation that much more difficult because he's a LT. Do we really tell Little to step inside at LG with Robinson coming back if Little continues to remain this good after two weeks in?

If Little continues to play like this I wouldn't move him from LT and he needs to be the LT of the future.  If Harrison continues to play poorly I'd think about sticking him at RT unless Harrison plays better these next 2 weeks and Bartch continues to play poorly.  At practice I'd try Cam at LG and RT and see which one he looks better at.  I'd defense leave Little at LT though if he continues his good play

(09-18-2023, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 05:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Makes the Robinson situation that much more difficult because he's a LT. Do we really tell Little to step inside at LG with Robinson coming back if Little continues to remain this good after two weeks in?

If Little continues to play like this I wouldn't move him from LT and he needs to be the LT of the future.  If Harrison continues to play poorly I'd think about sticking him at RT unless Harrison plays better these next 2 weeks and Bartch continues to play poorly.  At practice I'd try Cam at LG and RT and see which one he looks better at.  I'd defense leave Little at LT though if he continues his good play

I think you ride it out with Harrison at RT. How did he perform in the opener? I thought I had heard or read that he handled himself relatively well. Yesterday was his welcome to the NFL rookie moment but it was up against Chris Jones. 

Chris Jones is right up there with the rest of the best in the NFL in terms of effectiveness. He may not be Nick Bosa or Myles Garrett but he's certainly a game wrecking and game changing defender.

(09-18-2023, 05:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 05:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Little continues to play like this I wouldn't move him from LT and he needs to be the LT of the future.  If Harrison continues to play poorly I'd think about sticking him at RT unless Harrison plays better these next 2 weeks and Bartch continues to play poorly.  At practice I'd try Cam at LG and RT and see which one he looks better at.  I'd defense leave Little at LT though if he continues his good play

I think you ride it out with Harrison at RT. How did he perform in the opener? I thought I had heard or read that he handled himself relatively well. Yesterday was his welcome to the NFL rookie moment but it was up against Chris Jones. 

Chris Jones is right up there with the rest of the best in the NFL in terms of effectiveness. He may not be Nick Bosa or Myles Garrett but he's certainly a game wrecking and game changing defender.

I thank you see how he does the next 2 games. If he struggles mightily i think you put Cam at RT.   Also depends on how Bartch does.  Bartch wasn't good but he played better than week 1.  Still 2 weeks left to see how these guys do and then make the decision.

(09-18-2023, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 05:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think you ride it out with Harrison at RT. How did he perform in the opener? I thought I had heard or read that he handled himself relatively well. Yesterday was his welcome to the NFL rookie moment but it was up against Chris Jones. 

I thank you see how he does the next 2 games. If he struggles mightily i think you put Cam at RT.   Also depends on how Bartch does.  Bartch wasn't good but he played better than week 1.  Still 2 weeks left to see how these guys do and then make the decision.

Bartch looked terrible in both games. Yes, he's got time to do something before a week5 or week6 shift in the lineup, but he's got a LONG way to go. 

Starting Cam Robinson at a position he has never played before in week six of an NFL season is an interesting strategy. 

And by interesting, I mean, why do you want Trevor Lawrence dead?  What did he do to you? LOL

Is this like your prediction that Pederson was going to treat Engram and Strange like he did Ertz and Goedert in 2019? 
How's that working out for you? 

Strange has had zero targets and only played 17 snaps yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 06:59 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-18-2023, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thank you see how he does the next 2 games. If he struggles mightily i think you put Cam at RT.   Also depends on how Bartch does.  Bartch wasn't good but he played better than week 1.  Still 2 weeks left to see how these guys do and then make the decision.

Bartch looked terrible in both games. Yes, he's got time to do something before a week5 or week6 shift in the lineup, but he's got a LONG way to go. 

Starting Cam Robinson at a position he has never played before in week six of an NFL season is an interesting strategy. 

And by interesting, I mean, why do you want Trevor Lawrence dead?  What did he do to you? LOL

Is this like your prediction that Pederson was going to treat Engram and Strange like he did Ertz and Goedert in 2019? 

PFF graded Bartch a 63 and a 67 on pass blocking which is decent. Im going to trust PFF grade on Bartch over some guy on the Jags message board. Id absolutely put Cam at RT to see how he does if Harrison continues to struggle, he might not be ready yet.  I want to give Lawrence more time which is why I would put Cam out there over the rookie if he continues to struggle.  Harrison only played 1 game at RT in his whole college career. 

Can you show me where I said Pederson was going to treat Engram and Strange like Ertz and Goedert in 2019?  You are the one that kept saying that over and over.  Doug uses his TE's as good or better than most coaches.  His offense is at its best when he uses 2 TE looks and gets creative with his TEs, hence 9 points yesterday.  Strange isnt looking very good right now but it might of helped us Sunday if we used it a little more and ran the ball a little more being we didnt even score a TD. Lawrence isnt going to force it to Strange if the guy isnt getting open. And hopefully Doug doesnt keep sending him out there if he isnt blocking or getting open like we need him to. Why didnt you comment on it last week when we had more 2 and 3 TE sets. Im sure Doug hopes Strange improves and you will see more of it.

From what I've seen from Cam on his interviews I highly doubt he is willing to play another position.

Still think Little should stay at LT but if Cam wants to be a [BLEEP] then I guess move Little to LG and let Cam play LT and hopefully the OL will look better.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-18-2023, 11:04 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: From what I've seen from Cam on his interviews I highly doubt he is willing to play another position.

Still think Little should stay at LT but if Cam wants to be a [BLEEP] then I guess move Little to LG and let Cam play LT and hopefully the OL will look better.

Agreed i doubt they put Cam anywhere but LT.

(09-18-2023, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 06:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bartch looked terrible in both games. Yes, he's got time to do something before a week5 or week6 shift in the lineup, but he's got a LONG way to go. 

PFF graded Bartch a 63 and a 67 on pass blocking which is decent. Im going to trust PFF grade on Bartch over some guy on the Jags message board. Id absolutely put Cam at RT to see how he does if Harrison continues to struggle, he might not be ready yet.  I want to give Lawrence more time which is why I would put Cam out there over the rookie if he continues to struggle.  Harrison only played 1 game at RT in his whole college career. 

Can you show me where I said Pederson was going to treat Engram and Strange like Ertz and Goedert in 2019?  You are the one that kept saying that over and over.  Doug uses his TE's as good or better than most coaches.  His offense is at its best when he uses 2 TE looks and gets creative with his TEs, hence 9 points yesterday.  Strange isnt looking very good right now but it might of helped us Sunday if we used it a little more and ran the ball a little more being we didnt even score a TD.  Lawrence isnt going to force it to Strange if the guy isnt getting open.  And hopefully Doug doesnt keep sending him out there if he isnt blocking or getting open like we need him to.  Why didnt you comment on it last week when we had more 2 and 3 TE sets.  Im sure Doug hopes Strange improves and you will see more of it.

So you'd take Harrison out and put in the less experienced Cam? Lol. Of course you would.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Bartch is doing well and Fortner is not, then I wonder if maybe Bartch can play center?
Cam - Little - Bartch - Shereff - Harrison
?
Either way, playing Little at LG once Robinson comes back seems like a good idea.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-21-2023, 10:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: If Bartch is doing well and Fortner is not, then I wonder if maybe Bartch can play center?
?
Either way, playing Little at LG once Robinson comes back seems like a good idea.

I may have time to cull through some Bartch all22 later to confirm, but I don't think he's doing well at all.

I've noticed him being bull-rushed onto Trevor's toes multiple time in each game thus far.

(09-21-2023, 10:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: If Bartch is doing well and Fortner is not, then I wonder if maybe Bartch can play center?
?

Bartch was a LT coming out of college and really should've been the RT for this team. He's not got the raw strength to play inside and it shows every time he's on the field. I don't think he'd be better at Center, he's really more athletic in the tackle mold and will always struggle in the phone booth with big D-tackles.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato