Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final Mock - 2023

With the draft three weeks away and a lot of interviews taking place it's beginning to shape up into what's to be expected.

This is my last run for what I think they'll do if the board falls this way overall. Just using PFN's simulator.

I am predicting they trade down in this draft as well. At least from RD1. Not sure for which team or how much value but in my scenario I handed over the 24th pick to the Lions for picks 48, 55 and 81.

48th - Mazi Smith
55th - Will McDonald IV
56th - Cody Mauch
81st - Sam LaPorta
88th - Sydney Brown
121st - Jacquelin Roy
127th - Tyjae Spears
185th - Anthony Bradford
202nd - Josh Whyle
208th - Cory Durden
226th - Connor Galvin

My logic is that a guy they really wanted at 24, more than likely, two or three prospects they coveted will be gone. Prompting a fairly solid trade down with a team looking to come up.

We end up getting a solid DT, DE and swing tackle on day two of the draft. We then get our back up TE and nickel CB resolved in RD3 with LaPorta and Brown. Roy and Spears are the picks in RD4 to add depth and competition this summer.

Bradford is a guard with tackle versatility. Whyle is another TE to add depth we didnt address in free agency. Durden offers interesting power there at DT as well. Galvin is a developmental tackle.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 10:00 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm kinda leaning towards Nolan Smith. But there are about 7 or 8 guys that I think could fall to us realistically that I would be happy with. I like the Haason Reddick comparison for Smith

There are so many players I really like rated similarly, I do hope we trade back unless someone falls we are in love with. With that said I dont want to trade back that far. Maybe 10 spots ir so to pick up and extra early 3rd.

(04-08-2023, 09:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda leaning towards Nolan Smith.  But there are about 7 or 8 guys that I think could fall to us realistically that I would be happy with.  I like the Haason Reddick comparison  for Smith

If Smith compares to Reddick, then fans around here will have already called him a bust and tried to run him out of town long before he reaches that potential. Reddick didn't really start coming into his own until his 4th year in the league.

(04-10-2023, 05:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 09:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda leaning towards Nolan Smith.  But there are about 7 or 8 guys that I think could fall to us realistically that I would be happy with.  I like the Haason Reddick comparison  for Smith

If Smith compares to Reddick, then fans around here will have already called him a bust and tried to run him out of town long before he reaches that potential. Reddick didn't really start coming into his own until his 4th year in the league.

It's his size and pass rush ability.  Just because it took Reddick that long doesn't mean it will take Smith that long to figure it out

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just have some reservations with Smith, especially with this defensive staff. The problem with some of the recent defensive front players from Georgia is just the overall lack of consistency due to heavy rotations. If we're looking for immediate pass rushing impact? I don't think he's going to provide that. His speed is great, it's his size and durability that concerns me more than anything else.

This is why I favored Foskey in the other thread. I don't think he'll be there though at 24 to begin with. There's a lot of teams this year with multiple first round picks and they'll probably take a shot at him because the upside and athleticism is just too good to pass up on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-10-2023, 08:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I just have some reservations with Smith, especially with this defensive staff. The problem with some of the recent defensive front players from Georgia is just the overall lack of consistency due to heavy rotations. If we're looking for immediate pass rushing impact? I don't think he's going to provide that. His speed is great, it's his size and durability that concerns me more than anything else.

This is why I favored Foskey in the other thread. I don't think he'll be there though at 24 to begin with. There's a lot of teams this year with multiple first round picks and they'll probably take a shot at him because the upside and athleticism is just too good to pass up on.

I'd be very happy with Smith, Foskey, or Kancey.  I think any of the 3 could boost our pass rush.