Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dark Horses - NFL Draft 2023

We all have a good idea now about some of the bigger name selections potentially as well as some of the visits that are being circulated. 

What about some other lesser known names? Some potential reaches that are not too far off value wise you could see the team going with in RD1 and even RD2 and RD3 while we're at it?

In round one. I could see Keion White being a selection. I know we had a visit with him about a week ago. However, you don't see his name linked to us too much. I think he could be a sneaky selection for this team on the opening night of the draft. Little production overall but he had a good year last season and he's a bit of a multi athlete that worked his way up from Old Dominion to Georgia Tech.

Those guys usually have a really good feel for football and a natural hunger instilled in them.

In round two. Julius Brents, CB out of Kansas State. A lot of folks have a RD3 grade on him. However, his size is interesting for a CB. He's a towering 6'4 coverman. If they're interviewing Stevenson, a bigger corner for RD2 potentially, they might be looking to pair Campbell up with a legitimate CB2 and potentially moving Williams back to the slot role or getting away from his cap number in 2024.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Foskey for me. He's being mocked to the late 2nd or 3rd round now. I'd be good with him at 24 and think his potential is as high as any pass rusher in this class. He's by far the most underrated player right now for me. I have some mid to late round guys as well well that most probably don't know about that I'm very high on

If the Jaguars wait until round 3 to draft a corner/nickel, a couple guys I like are Kei'trel Clark from Louisville and Quan Martin from Illinois. Clark is slightly undersized at 5'10" but plays bigger than that. Martin is one of my favorite players due to his ability to play anywhere in the secondary.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2023, 11:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If the Chiefs take Foskey to replace Clark I'm going to be pissed. Will likely be a All Pro in a year or 2. I could see them going tackle or pass rusher at 31. A TE in the 2nd is a possibility as well

(04-14-2023, 10:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If the Jaguars wait until round 3 to draft a corner/nickel, a couple guys I like are Kei'trel Clark from Louisville and Quan Martin from Illinois. Clark is slightly undersized at 5'10" but plays bigger than that. Martin is one of my favorite players due to his ability to play anywhere in the secondary.

I've been high on Phillips  for a while. Phillips in the 3rd would be a steal and I'd be good with him in the 2nd.

Dawand Jones is another for me. I've seen him mocked in the 3rd or 4th. He's another I think could go the 1st. Would be a steal in the 2nd

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 10:53 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Derek Parish, Isaiah Bolden, and Caleb Murphey are 3 players I hope we get one way or another. All 3 under the radar imo

Tyjae Spears for me. He didn't test well and apparently he has had surgery on his knees but the game tape doesn't lie. He's going to be good.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

not really a dark horse but to me Porter is still the best corner in the draft. Id take him over Witherspoon or Gonzalez

(04-18-2023, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: not really a dark horse but to me Porter is still the best corner in the draft.  Id take him over Witherspoon or Gonzalez

It's not impossible that he falls to the Jaguars. If he does, he'd be the easy pick.

Right OT Cooper Hodges from Appalachian State was a private visit to the Jag's facility. 6'4" 311 4 year starter, with high athleticism, but needs coaching for better technique. ....a dark horse for a 6th or 7th round pick.

(04-14-2023, 10:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the Chiefs take Foskey to replace Clark I'm going to be pissed.  Will likely be a All Pro in a year or 2.  I could see them going tackle or pass rusher at 31.  A TE in the 2nd is a possibility as well

(04-14-2023, 10:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If the Jaguars wait until round 3 to draft a corner/nickel, a couple guys I like are Kei'trel Clark from Louisville and Quan Martin from Illinois. Clark is slightly undersized at 5'10" but plays bigger than that. Martin is one of my favorite players due to his ability to play anywhere in the secondary.

I've been high on Phillips  for a while. Phillips in the 3rd would be a steal and I'd be good with him in the 2nd.

Dawand Jones is another for me.  I've seen him mocked in the 3rd or 4th.  He's another I think could go the 1st.  Would be a steal in the 2nd
Coming back to this.  Jones is the best RT in this draft imo and he has the size Doug and Baalke love.  He has the longest wingspan since being recorded.  I think he is higher on teams boards than mocks.  When we didn't resign Taylor Jones could of been the plan all along

Jones is a 56th pick option. Anton Harrison, LT out of Oklahoma is now the darkhorse tonight at 24.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2023, 06:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jones is a 56th pick option. Anton Harrison, LT out of Oklahoma is now the darkhorse tonight at 24.

I don't see Jones being there at 56. It's possible we take Harrison but I like my tackles to be taller than Harrison if taken in the first.  He's not a good run blocker either and more of a fineness LT.  I want my tackle to have more of a mean streak like Mauch or Jones.  Jones was better in college, much bigger, and would allow us to keep Little at LT.  I don't see Harrison beating out Little at LT and he's not a better RT than Jones and much smaller as well.  While Harrison made first team All Big 12, Jones was a first team All American.  Little and Jones would be 2 huge book ends

(04-27-2023, 06:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jones is a 56th pick option. Anton Harrison, LT out of Oklahoma is now the darkhorse tonight at 24.

With the news about Cam Robinson, the chances of taking Harrison just increased greatly. He can be an elite pass blocker and that has to appeal to our brass given the importance of keeping Trevor upright and healthy.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 10:20 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

[quote="jaglou53" pid="1542203" dateline="1682603434"]
[quote="Caldrac" pid="1542123" dateline="1682592671"]
Jones is a 56th pick option. Anton Harrison, LT out of Oklahoma is now the darkhorse tonight at 24.

Could be. Looking at Harrison's rating across different media boards is quite interesting.

Draftwire - #75
Sport News - 31
CBS - 28
Sikka(PFF) - 19
PFF - 24

I actually created an excel template that compares all these guys across the above boards. It is quite interesting.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-19-2023, 05:53 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Right OT Cooper Hodges from Appalachian State was a private visit to the Jag's facility.  6'4" 311 4 year starter, with high athleticism, but needs coaching for better technique.  ....a dark horse for a 6th or 7th round pick.

Local kid.  Think he has a lot of potential for a projected late round pick

Local wise I would like to see Will Mallory pulled in at some point. Might have to grab him in RD4 though. We need to add depth to our TE room. He's a good, well rounded option there.

Nice call.

(04-16-2023, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derek Parish, Isaiah Bolden, and Caleb Murphey are 3 players I hope we get one way or another.  All 3 under the radar imo

Got one of my guys

(04-29-2023, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derek Parish, Isaiah Bolden, and Caleb Murphey are 3 players I hope we get one way or another.  All 3 under the radar imo

Got one of my guys

Can you give us a break down of Parish?

(04-29-2023, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Got one of my guys

...good call on Parish