Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dark Horses - NFL Draft 2023

(04-29-2023, 08:01 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 06:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Got one of my guys

...good call on Parish

Thanks

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2023, 05:53 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Right OT Cooper Hodges from Appalachian State was a private visit to the Jag's facility.  6'4" 311 4 year starter, with high athleticism, but needs coaching for better technique.  ....a dark horse for a 6th or 7th round pick.

Nice call!

Does it count that I picked Tank Bigsby in the draft game?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 08:01 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-16-2023, 06:37 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Does it count that I picked Tank Bigsby in the draft game?

Absolutely. That was a great call on your part. I was genuinely stunned we selected a RB after we had a good year in Etienne post rookie season injury, Hasty extended, Johnson signed and Connor being an investment we moved up in last year's draft to secure. 

Bigsby better be a damn rockstar as a rookie. I don't expect him to crack 1,000 total yards of offense with Etienne in front of him but he better make some big splash play contributions early and often to justify that 88th overall selection.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-17-2023, 07:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 06:37 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Does it count that I picked Tank Bigsby in the draft game?

Absolutely. That was a great call on your part. I was genuinely stunned we selected a RB after we had a good year in Etienne post rookie season injury, Hasty extended, Johnson signed and Connor being an investment we moved up in last year's draft to secure. 

Bigsby better be a damn rockstar as a rookie. I don't expect him to crack 1,000 total yards of offense with Etienne in front of him but he better make some big splash play contributions early and often to justify that 88th overall selection.

It would be really nice if he was a rock star, I would settle for less of a drop off from the other alternatives when ET came out last year.  Maybe a better version of the Fred Taylor-James Stewart pairing circa 98-99
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-17-2023, 07:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I'm figuring he makes Connor expendable by end of preseason and supplants Hasty as the primary backup at some point during the season.

If the kid can catch passes out of the backfield, he's already got a leg up on Hasty. He and Trevor just seemed out of sync on every pass.

(05-17-2023, 10:42 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 07:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Absolutely. That was a great call on your part. I was genuinely stunned we selected a RB after we had a good year in Etienne post rookie season injury, Hasty extended, Johnson signed and Connor being an investment we moved up in last year's draft to secure. 

It would be really nice if he was a rock star, I would settle for less of a drop off from the other alternatives when ET came out last year.  Maybe a better version of the Fred Taylor-James Stewart pairing circa 98-99

(05-17-2023, 12:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 07:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Absolutely. That was a great call on your part. I was genuinely stunned we selected a RB after we had a good year in Etienne post rookie season injury, Hasty extended, Johnson signed and Connor being an investment we moved up in last year's draft to secure. 

I'm figuring he makes Connor expendable by end of preseason and supplants Hasty as the primary backup at some point during the season.

If the kid can catch passes out of the backfield, he's already got a leg up on Hasty. He and Trevor just seemed out of sync on every pass.

Hopefully we have a legitimate 1-2 punch. You would have to believe Baalke and Pederson feel confident they have that now. 88th overall is very, very high for a RB. So, again, on my end, I don't expect 1,000 yards of total offense out of him but if gives the team a total of maybe 750 - 850 yards and 5+ TD's I would be impressed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."