Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Prediction Game

We're less than 2 weeks out from the draft and I thought it would be fun to have a game to see who can predict the most number of players that the Jaguars will draft.  The rules are simple.  Everyone lists 9 players that they think the Jaguars may draft.  You don't need to say which rounds as it doesn't matter.  You have nine guesses at players.  If the Jaguars draft the player (anywhere in the draft), you get a point.  The person with the most points wins.  If it is a tie, the winner goes to whoever posted their list first.  

If the Jaguars end up trading up or down on draft day, it doesn't matter to the game.  You still had nine guesses and whoever had the most players drafted wins.

You can update your list at any point up until the start of the NFL draft.  However, your list will be time stamped at the time of your last update.  As a reminder, a tie goes to the person who posted their list first, so there is a potential advantage to posting your list early and sticking with it.

I would point out that there are different strategies.  You could try to project the picks in each round and make that your nine.  However, if you think the late rounds are too unpedictable, you could effectively take multiple guesses at potential players in the early rounds and increase your odds of hitting on them.  

Good luck!  Let the games begin........................

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's my 9:

1. Brian Branch
2. Deionte Banks
3. Darnell Wright
4. Keion White
5. McClendon Curtis
6. Carter Warren
7. Cam Smith
8. Miles Murphy
9. Scott Matlock

Nice. I'll go with:

1. Keion White
2. Yaya Diaby
3. Garrett Williams
4. Tyler Lacy
5. Carter Warren
6. Cooper Hodges
7. Julius Brent
8. Dalton Kincaid
9. Colby Wooden

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 05:21 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Branch
2. Wright
3. Hall
4. Diaby
5. Young
6. Sow
7. Banks
8. Kraft
9. Kuntz

WC: Voorhees

Everyone should do one Wild card to make it 10 lol

Here is my list:

1.     Brian Branch
  2.      Clark Phillips
  3.      Jartavius Martin
  4.      Dawand Jones
  5.      Cody Mauch
  6.      Adetomiwa Adebawore
  7.      Keion White
  8.      Luke Schoonmaker
  9.      Tucker Kraft

(04-16-2023, 11:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Branch
2. Wright
3. Hall
4. Diaby
5. Young
6. Sow
7. Banks
8. Kraft
9. Kuntz

WC: Voorhees

Everyone should do one Wild card to make it 10 lol
My wildcard pick would be Jake Moody. Kicker out of Michigan. Wouldn't be shocked if we spent a 6th or 7th RD pick on a good kicker this year. Just for competition or legitimately winning the job.

He doesn't have the biggest leg but he was reliable in a few games where he made a crazy amount of kicks to win them games. If our offense stalls inside the 25 - 35 yard range I like our odds to bank on 40's being made.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 08:42 AM by ATLjag. Edited 7 times in total.)

1. Anton Harrison
2. Yaya Diaby
3. Byron Young
4. Tyrique Stevenson
5. Luke Schoonmaker
6. Tyler Lacy
7. Cooper Hodges
8. Brian Branch
9. Mekhi Blackmon

WC. Andrew Vorhees

I suck at this because the Jags never draft the guys I want to draft but I will give it a shot, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-18-2023, 11:50 AM)Dimson Wrote: I suck at this because the Jags never draft the guys I want to draft but I will give it a shot, lol.

Just use their visitor's list and you'll get a good feel. I tried mixing it up a little bit to cover each round based on the names I saw.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 01:04 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Foskey
Bresee
Branch
Wright
Mayer
D. Washington
McClendon
Vorhees (Balkee special) 
Spears

(04-18-2023, 01:02 PM)Dimson Wrote: Foskey
Bresee
Branch
Wright
Mayer
D. Washington
McClendon
Vorhees (Balkee special) 
Spears

This is relatively solid. Bresee and Branch especially could be opening night selections. Vorhees absolutely fits the bill for Baalke's track record.

Some fairly random guesses based on position and a few traits:

O'C Torrence
Deonte Banks
Jalen Redmond
John M Schmitz
Byron Young
Tyrique Stevenson
Tucker Kraft
Vorhees
Derious Davis (returner)

WC: Isaiah McGuire

I'm going to update mine next week

(04-19-2023, 10:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm going to update mine next week

Yeah. Me too. Maybe this Saturday while I am working up here and it's slow so I can think a little more on it and clearly. Excited to see they're visiting with Mekhi Blackmon though. I like him as a day 3 pick-up. Early day 3 pick-up. Fits a need in the slot role. Can play outside. He's aggressive for his size.

a few guys I like
a few guys I didn't want
a few guys I have never heard of.

safe bets win.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 05:45 AM by wg171. Edited 22 times in total.)

Let’s see….

1. Bryan Bresee (please noooooo!!)
2. Garrett Williams
3. Will Mallory
4. Brian Branch
5. Andrew Vorhees
6. Dawand Jones
7. Matthew Bergeron
8. Will McDonald
9. Byron Young

Thinking Baalke is happy with Little at RT and Bartch at LG. Breaking news about Cam could change things!

-Final-

My updated and final list:

1. Lukas Van Ness
2. Myles Murphy
3. Colby Wooden
4. Brian Branch
5. Tyrique Stevenson
6. Warren McClendon
7. Jaqueline Roy
8. Tyler Lacey
9. Garrett Williams

This will be final as well:

1. Brian Branch
2. Mazi Smith
3. Byron Young (TEN)
4. Yaya Diaby
5. Andrew Vorhees
6. Mekhi Blackmon
7. Garrett Williams
9. Tyler Lacey

1. Brian Branch
2. Brian Bresee
3. Dalton Kincaid
4. Darnell Wright
5. Luke Musgrave
6. Derrick Hall
7. Antonio Johnson
8. Andre Carter
9. Byron Young

1. The OLB from Georgia
2. The T from Ten