Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring back Ficken

I have no confidence in Myers. Caldwell needs to consider bringing back Ficken or picking up a veteran kicker who gets cut. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes.

How many opportunities did fickin have to kick Fgs in the preseason before being cut? I only remember one. He made it.

He also hit an XP off the uprights. If ficken was any good he would still be on the team. Myers needs to improve his consistency or we will pick someone off the streets.

Quote:He also hit an XP off the uprights. If ficken was any good he would still be on the team. Myers needs to improve his consistency or we will pick someone off the streets.

Myers had plenty of time. He needs to go. Anyone who does not see that is a moron.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM by MinistryMan2007.)

Quote:Myers had plenty of time. He needs to go. Anyone who does not see that is a moron.

He hit game winners from 58 and 53 against Miami and Baltimore last season. He missed one from 57 tonight. Are we seriously gonna give up on him? If you're gonna cut him, don't bring Ficken back. Go get a proven vet.

Quote:Myers had plenty of time. He needs to go. Anyone who does not see that is a moron.

I have no problem with them cutting Myers since he hasn't played well, but the fixation with ficken is a bit silly. He was no better than Myers. We just need to hope someone decent gets cut.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 10:36 PM by rufftime.)

Didn't Ficken doink a chip shot in game 3?

Meyers missed a 57 yarder and I honestly don't know the length on the second one

Edit: sounds like number 2 was a 49 yarder.

Quote:I have no problem with them cutting Myers since he hasn't played well, but the fixation with ficken is a bit silly. He was no better than Myers. We just need to hope someone decent gets cut.

Never said anything about Ficken. I just want Myers cut. I thought Gus preaches competition.

Get enough morons together and you can start your own boy band....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:He also hit an XP off the uprights. If ficken was any good he would still be on the team. Myers needs to improve his consistency or we will pick someone off the streets.

Dude Chad Henne is still on the team that theory is out the window.. Bring my boy Fickens Back!

No to Ficken, but we MUST bring in another kicker. Myers is erratic and completely unreliable, even on the chip shots. There will undoubtedly be some veteran kickers cut in the next couple of days, who would be big upgrades.

Quote:I have no problem with them cutting Myers since he hasn't played well, but the fixation with ficken is a bit silly. He was no better than Myers. We just need to hope someone decent gets cut.

This. I don't really want Ficken any more than I want Myers. I'm hoping Forbath gets cut and we can snag him.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Myers has proven to be consistently unreliable.  Find another kicker.

Ficken was no better. Watch his field goal from the Bengals game. Oof.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 08:32 AM by MinistryMan2007.)

Let's not forget that Josh Scobee struggled early in his career, as well. That being said, this team can't afford to lose 2-3 games because of special teams blunders. I'd love to give Myers time to develop, but I'm just not sure we have the time to wait.

Bring back Scobee 

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

I hear a lot about Ficken hitting the up-right, but how many times did Myers miss xtra points last year?

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

This is like when we were looking for a kicker after Hollis was gone. We went through quite a few scrubs before we found Scobee. Meyers is basically Seth Marler. He is not the answer.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I hear a lot about Ficken hitting the up-right, but how many times did Myers miss xtra points last year?

Myers isn't good. Ficken was worse.

;

;