Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rodgers traded to the Jets

Its finally official.

How does this shift the balance of power in the AFC east?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-rod...-green-bay
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Beyond... (possibly)... giving the jets the bragging rights over the patriots im not sure it will.

Personally id be surprised if it has the transformative effect the jets think it will. And there's currently a big discrepancy between the overall standard of the afc and the nfc

(04-24-2023, 05:13 PM)cat bells Wrote: Beyond... (possibly)... giving the jets the bragging rights over the patriots im not sure it will.

Personally id be surprised if it has the transformative effect the jets think it will. And there's currently a big discrepancy between the overall standard of the afc and the nfc

This is great. The Jets have a very talented roster but I predict Rodgers is done after the season, especially if he misses or is one and done in the playoffs. Meanwhile, it stunts Wilson’s development and empties the Jets of a lot of valuable draft capital. This is going to dry them up, just like the Rams, but without a Super Bowl to show for it. Hurrah for Green Bay. We’ll see what Jordan Love has to offer.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This division is going to beat itself down. Every team is tough, and you can’t count out the pats even though they are probably the worst team in the division now.

One of the favorites in the AFC

He will bend the knee

(04-24-2023, 07:17 PM)Jag88 Wrote: This division is going to beat itself down. Every team is tough, and you can’t count out the pats even though they are probably the worst team in the division now.

Agreed.

2 teams at 9-8, the other 2 at 8-9.  I'll tell you what though, it WILL be entertaining.  I'd still take the Bills to win that division but the winners of this trade are probably the Chiefs and the Jags (oh, and the Jets.  I'm still on the Rodgers bandwagon).

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 08:22 AM by Mikey.)

(04-24-2023, 04:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Its finally official.

How does this shift the balance of power in the AFC east?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-rod...-green-bay

I don't think it does. Is Saleh gonna deal with a diva? Is Rodgers gonna simmer down now that he's out of Titletown?

Is Rodgers going to be able to carry a cursed team? For all his prowess, the Pack really didn't do much while he was around. Might not be fully on him, but if you put all your chips in on him, you're left with little to support. They didn't lose MUCH darft capital to take him off GB's hands, but he's already dipping his toes into the retirement pool, and I don't see him sticking around unless they are perennial contenders, and I don't get that vibe from the team. His cap hits will require that they stay young around him, and that's been the biggest hindrance for GB ever accomplishing anything - if you don't hit on the darft, you're hosed.

That, and the JEST are particularly cursed when it comes to QBs, maybe worse than the fins. They will still be looking up at the Bills in their own division.

(04-24-2023, 07:04 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 05:13 PM)cat bells Wrote: Beyond... (possibly)... giving the jets the bragging rights over the patriots im not sure it will.

This is great. The Jets have a very talented roster but I predict Rodgers is done after the season, especially if he misses or is one and done in the playoffs. Meanwhile, it stunts Wilson’s development and empties the Jets of a lot of valuable draft capital. This is going to dry them up, just like the Rams, but without a Super Bowl to show for it. Hurrah for Green Bay. We’ll see what Jordan Love has to offer.

I stopped reading at Wilson's development, LOL

But but
Zach Wilson was sooo mich better than tlaw in his rookie year

I think the Packers won this trade. They rid themselves of diva 2.0 while gaining two spots up in the 1st round, some more draft choices and more than likely a future 1st round pick in next year's draft.

I also don't think Rodgers and the Jets stand a chance in this conference. I don't think Rodgers is going to out shoot Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence or Allen in the grand scheme of things down the stretch or in a play-off contest.

His last two play-off games were really not all that impressive in Green Bay. San Francisco will absolutely miss seeing him here and there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 10:44 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

I could absolutely be dead wrong, but I just don't see this as a big deal.  The guy is not Tom Brady and he was already showing signs of skills eroding.  We'll see what happens, but just not seeing him as some savior at this point in his career.  This isn't even taking into account his personality.

This offers good points both ways.  Interesting, if nothing else:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3585...-nfl-teams
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-25-2023, 08:53 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: But but
Zach Wilson was sooo mich better than tlaw in his rookie year

Mack jones too.

Jets have some talent.
Bills are still the team to beat in that division and the phins are a threat if Tua's brain doesn't turn to green pea soup before the bye week.

Rodgers makes the jets better, but is it enough? Probably not.
And it will get ugly and contentious if the losses start piling up.

(04-25-2023, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jets have some talent.
Bills are still the team to beat in that division and the phins are a threat if Tua's brain doesn't turn to green pea soup before the bye week.

They'll be lucky to win nine games. Can't wait to host them at home in a divisional play-off game to retire him.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2023, 12:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jets have some talent.

They'll be lucky to win nine games. Can't wait to host them at home in a divisional play-off game to retire him.

The Ghost of Marino!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-25-2023, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...57710?s=20

He's going to bang Rodger's Mom while Fireman Ed films it.

(04-25-2023, 02:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...57710?s=20

He's going to bang Rodger's Mom while Fireman Ed films it.

No crying over spilt MILF.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crd-MlbO5yT/...mMyMTA2M2Y=

Dude didn't breach the entrance way though.

NH3...
"AZANE"