Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rodgers traded to the Jets

He will play 1 year in NY and then go to the Vikings.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2023, 09:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will play 1 year in NY and then go to the Vikings.

hee hee
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This move doesn't impress me at all. There's no future in it.

That’s a lot to give up to finish third in their division again and have to draft another QB in 2 years…

(04-26-2023, 12:31 PM)Ordar Wrote: That’s a lot to give up to finish third in their division again and have to draft another QB in 2 years…
I don't know man.

That roster is absolutely loaded. They don't really have any holes AND they still get to pick at 15 this year. They have one of the best young WRs in Wilson, good pieces on the Oline (they can still add to it at 15), stable of backs and a young defense with loads of talent.

Rodgers doesn't even have to be the Rodgers of old. He just has to be better than Wilson and White (very easy to do) and the Jets likely go 12-5.

I'm not saying it's 100% going to work out but I could see this ending like it did with Stafford and the Rams. Go all in 1 year, win a SB and then who cares after that.

(04-26-2023, 12:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 12:31 PM)Ordar Wrote: That’s a lot to give up to finish third in their division again and have to draft another QB in 2 years…
I don't know man.

That roster is absolutely loaded. They don't really have any holes AND they still get to pick at 15 this year. They have one of the best young WRs in Wilson, good pieces on the Oline (they can still add to it at 15), stable of backs and a young defense with loads of talent.

Rodgers doesn't even have to be the Rodgers of old. He just has to be better than Wilson and White (very easy to do) and the Jets likely go 12-5.

I'm not saying it's 100% going to work out but I could see this ending like it did with Stafford and the Rams. Go all in 1 year, win a SB and then who cares after that.

I just don't see Rodgers winning in a shoot out in a play off game, more than likely on the road as well, with the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and I'll even go a step further and say Lawrence here in year two with Pederson in this offense and hopefully a 1,400 yard Ridley involved. 

I just don't see it. Especially with how lack luster his last two play-off games were. He did nothing against the 49ers. He made some mistakes against the  Buccaneers the year prior going head-to-head with Brady. 

I think the Jets might be in for a letdown. It may not be as bad as what the Broncos went through with Wilson, which, that's another interesting situation to watch with Sean Payton CLEARLY being a more competent and proven offensive mind in the NFL over Hackett. 

But, yeah. I just don't see it man. Buffalo is another team to watch. I wouldn't count Josh Allen out just yet. I think a lot of last year was him just trying to get into a groove with a new offensive coordinator but he should bounce back in 2023.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2023, 12:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 12:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don't know man.

I just don't see Rodgers winning in a shoot out in a play off game, more than likely on the road as well, with the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and I'll even go a step further and say Lawrence here in year two with Pederson in this offense and hopefully a 1,400 yard Ridley involved. 

I just don't see it. Especially with how lack luster his last two play-off games were. He did nothing against the 49ers. He made some mistakes against the  Buccaneers the year prior going head-to-head with Brady. 

I think the Jets might be in for a letdown. It may not be as bad as what the Broncos went through with Wilson, which, that's another interesting situation to watch with Sean Payton CLEARLY being a more competent and proven offensive mind in the NFL over Hackett. 

But, yeah. I just don't see it man. Buffalo is another team to watch. I wouldn't count Josh Allen out just yet. I think a lot of last year was him just trying to get into a groove with a new offensive coordinator but he should bounce back in 2023.
See I think this is a totally different convo. The Jets had absolutely no shot to win anything before Rodgers. Now, they're at least in the convo. They had to do something and this may or not may not work out but staying put was a non option. And I also think this Jets roster is overall better than the Packers roster.

Saw this tweet earlier today from Orlovsky which shows just how loaded the AFC actually is this year. It's going to be a gauntlet.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/...63200?s=20

(04-26-2023, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 12:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I just don't see Rodgers winning in a shoot out in a play off game, more than likely on the road as well, with the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and I'll even go a step further and say Lawrence here in year two with Pederson in this offense and hopefully a 1,400 yard Ridley involved. 

See I think this is a totally different convo. The Jets had absolutely no shot to win anything before Rodgers. Now, they're at least in the convo. They had to do something and this may or not may not work out but staying put was a non option. And I also think this Jets roster is overall better than the Packers roster.

Saw this tweet earlier today from Orlovsky which shows just how loaded the AFC actually is this year. It's going to be a gauntlet.

If I had to pick from this list I would say it's the Chargers with Herbert and the Dolphins with Tagovailoa. That's mostly because I don't like nor believe in Staley as a coach, and, I don't like the fact that he got away with throwing Lombardi under the bus, especially after it was HIS defense that choked here in Jacksonville in the 2nd half. 

The Dolphins are in a unique situation. They still technically made it last year in spite of the concussion issues with Tagovailoa but now with Rodgers inserted in New York, they'll probably win another game or two and separate themselves away from that 8 - 9, 9 - 8 record. I am not 100% sure Buffalo is even the team to beat in the AFC East. 

I would also never discount nor discredit a Bill Belichick football team. At some point he's bound to break resistance and get back into the post season. With or without Mac Jones. Wilson with Payton in Denver is still a wildcard for me, literally, a wildcard. I think he could have the same effect for Wilson in 2023 that Pederson had for Lawrence in 2022. 

The Raiders are also in this weird situation with Jimmy G and Josh McDaniels. I am not sure they're going to be as competent as they might think they are with Carr no longer there. The QB wasn't the problem in Las Vegas last year. It was the coaching. It felt like the team was tanking at times on purpose. It was odd.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2023, 02:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: See I think this is a totally different convo. The Jets had absolutely no shot to win anything before Rodgers. Now, they're at least in the convo. They had to do something and this may or not may not work out but staying put was a non option. And I also think this Jets roster is overall better than the Packers roster.

If I had to pick from this list I would say it's the Chargers with Herbert and the Dolphins with Tagovailoa. That's mostly because I don't like nor believe in Staley as a coach, and, I don't like the fact that he got away with throwing Lombardi under the bus, especially after it was HIS defense that choked here in Jacksonville in the 2nd half. 

The Dolphins are in a unique situation. They still technically made it last year in spite of the concussion issues with Tagovailoa but now with Rodgers inserted in New York, they'll probably win another game or two and separate themselves away from that 8 - 9, 9 - 8 record. I am not 100% sure Buffalo is even the team to beat in the AFC East. 

I would also never discount nor discredit a Bill Belichick football team. At some point he's bound to break resistance and get back into the post season. With or without Mac Jones. Wilson with Payton in Denver is still a wildcard for me, literally, a wildcard. I think he could have the same effect for Wilson in 2023 that Pederson had for Lawrence in 2022. 

The Raiders are also in this weird situation with Jimmy G and Josh McDaniels. I am not sure they're going to be as competent as they might think they are with Carr no longer there. The QB wasn't the problem in Las Vegas last year. It was the coaching. It felt like the team was tanking at times on purpose. It was odd.
Trevor has one thing over every other QB on that list and that's playing in the AFC South. He will have to fight off Minshew/rookie, Tannehill and Davis Mills/rookie. Everyone else has one or more other stars to fight through.

Mahomes, Herbert, Jimmy G and Wilson
Lamar, Watson, Burrow, Pickett
Josh Allen, Rodgers, Tua, Mac

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 03:12 PM by Jag149. Edited 2 times in total.)

He is still a good QB, that has not changed. How much of the "erosion" of his skills is questionable due to the decay in GB. We will find out this year it seems. Best case, the Jets bought 2 years. They will need to capitalize on it because the erosion will begin at that point.

I wonder if he transferred ownership of of Chicago to Love as part of the deal?

quick note, (this could get interesting!)

"Rodgers was traded to the Jets on April 26, 2023. Prior to the trade the Packers reworked the contract to carry a $1.165 million salary cap charge for 2023. That is just a placeholder to facilitate the trade and the Jets and Rodgers will work out a new contract in the days following the trade."
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The Jets are going to be in primetime like six games this year watch . That’s thanks to the Rogers effect.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 09:24 AM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2023, 09:56 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will play 1 year in NY and then go to the Vikings.

oh gad which reporter is gonna get the NSFW texts

They could have done that with Wilson!

Looking at his contract I do not see how this can occur.  The out after this year has a 58 mill cap hit attached to it. Stranger things are known to happen....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(07-23-2023, 11:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/daoncbs/status/16828...Ie5OPeqkhg

That’s too on point

(04-26-2023, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 12:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I just don't see Rodgers winning in a shoot out in a play off game, more than likely on the road as well, with the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and I'll even go a step further and say Lawrence here in year two with Pederson in this offense and hopefully a 1,400 yard Ridley involved. 

Interesting that TLaw the only one without mention of another division QB. We should be selling out to win now while the division is, relatively speaking, guaranteeing us the playoffs. Even post draft there's no one worthy of adding to that list from the South.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The jets are a problem
Rodgers puts a demand on the people around him that Wilson does not. That's why I dont see this as a Broncos situation.
They have a playoff defense(I think easily top 3) and enough weapons for Rodgers to be explosive.
The jets are a problem

(07-31-2023, 10:03 AM)jagshype Wrote: The jets are a problem
Rodgers puts a demand on the people around him that Wilson does not. That's why I dont see this as a Broncos situation.
They have a playoff defense(I think easily top 3) and enough weapons for Rodgers to be explosive.
The jets are a problem

I think it will be interesting to see what they are able to do this year. 

Rodgers is always capable of folding when faced with adversity, so I'd keep an eye on the thermostat in that building if they hit a skid at some point this season. 

It's all sunshine and rainbows right now, but wait till that rag-tag group of targets AR is throwing to has a few games with a 12% drop rate. Wait till Nate Hackett pulls a classic "I'm gonna overthink the heck out of this easy win vs the patriots" and coaches himself into being thrown under the bus by players who are getting tired of the NY press berating them after losses. 

There are a lot of ways the wheels could come off that train. 

Saleh is a good leader, and I dig his approach, but that thing he's building isn't bulletproof yet. 

I'll have the popcorn ready. Should be interesting.

Unfortunately Rogers is out for the remainder of the season. Will he retire?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-13-2023, 06:20 PM)NH3 Wrote: Unfortunately Rogers is out for the remainder of the season. Will he retire?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1702...82975?s=20