Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tank Bigsby RB Round 3

Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2023, 11:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 11:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He actually ran a 4.45 during his Pro Day.  This makes more sense since his gameday speed appears to be a lot quicker than 4.56.

Apparently, he was not happy with his combine time of 4.56 so he worked on his 40 yard dash in advance of his Pro Day.  As we all know, technique is critical for sprinters so perhaps he improved technique or just didn't have it the day of his combine.  Based on his highlight reel, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to speed and quickness.

I watched some of his highlights. For a guy that's considered violent and a short yardage back I think that's misleading. He shows a lot of lateral ability and good enough vision to find the most real estate to attack once he gets into the 2nd level. 

Again, my biggest concern is 8 career fumbles on 540 career attempts. Etienne had the same issue last year with 5 I think. BOTH of these guys need to hold onto the football like it's their only child and they're escaping a house fire.

Get it together, Tank.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He will be fine.
The fumble is a great teaching opportunity.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(08-26-2023, 08:19 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: He will be fine.

I hope so. 8 on 540 attempts is ugly.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

How do you teach a guy not to fumble?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-26-2023, 09:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Tiki Barber learned.  I remember him in particular.   Coughlin coached it out of him.

Tiki Barber is a prime example.  How to hold the ball and brace with 2 hands before contact.

More sticky spray needed

(08-26-2023, 09:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 09:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How do you teach a guy not to fumble?

Tiki Barber learned.  I remember him in particular.   Coughlin coached it out of him.

Yup

Adrian Peterson had fumbling issues early in his career too. Learning to protect the ball is just something they need to learn to do when they make the jump to the NFL. If Tank is going to make the mistake of fumbling, now was the time to do it. I think he's going to be a good one for us. He'll get it figured out.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(08-26-2023, 10:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Tiki Barber is a prime example.  How to hold the ball and brace with 2 hands before contact.

I was sitting right there and watched him fumble. He saw the hole and cut. I swear his eyes got to be the size of saucers when he saw the crease. When he did that his arm got away from his body.  Rookie mistake.

Later on when he trucked that safety he cleaned that up on the cut.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I think he will be fine. Best time to make a mistake and learn.

Hold the ball tighter.

They will clean that up so he can win oroy.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 07:51 AM by RicoTx.)

(08-26-2023, 09:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I knew this would be THE example.  We have one.  So do we bring in Coughlin to 'teach' him?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-27-2023, 02:44 AM)Predator Wrote:

Hold the ball tighter.

But it's pretty hard for the coach to keep hold of them when the game is going on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-27-2023, 07:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 09:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tiki Barber learned.  I remember him in particular.   Coughlin coached it out of him.

I knew this would be THE example.  We have one.  So do we bring in Coughlin to 'teach' him?

I'm sure there are lots of others.  The point is, it can be done.

I think he is going to be good, rookies make rookie mistakes rather he learn now then when it counts in the regular season.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(08-27-2023, 07:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 09:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tiki Barber learned.  I remember him in particular.   Coughlin coached it out of him.

It doesn't take Coughlin to teach him to cover the ball with both hands when you need 1 yard and going into a gang of defenders lol.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 09:28 AM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

At my JUCO a fumbler would have to carry a football with him everywhere he went.  Any fellow player would be instructed to swipe at the ball while the fumbler walked to class, in the cafeteria, in class, anywhere he went.

This didn’t work one damn bit.  

*The coach was a USMC/Korea vet, will never forget the first time he addressed the 120 who were trying out for the team.  “We’re gonna keep 60 men.  It doesn't matter what position 
they play.  If we don’t have a quarterback we’re gonna run the ball every play.”

We went 10-1 and won ‘77 Natty.  

We did have a QB.  His backup was our punter.