Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tank Bigsby RB Round 3

Guys we have one of the best running back units in the league.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2023, 05:57 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

On paper, possibly

I like this running back crew. Appear to be stacked.

Bigsby is more than just a short ydage back. I like the pick.

(05-02-2023, 05:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 02:53 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: It will be great to have a running back we can rely on to spell ETN or if he has to go out for injury.

It may turn out that Etienne spells Bigs. Great problem to have.

It may turn out that I start pooping gold nuggets. Great problem to have.

(05-02-2023, 06:03 PM)jagshype Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz8qb0-wh2A

That's...ummm...I uh, don't see much there to love.

(05-03-2023, 09:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 05:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It may turn out that Etienne spells Bigs. Great problem to have.

It may turn out that I start pooping gold nuggets. Great problem to have.

If you doo doo though...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If ETN has to leave the game...I like Tank as the 3rd option. After his 1st year who knows, he may even be a better all around RB than ETN.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Let’s see how he looks in a preseason game first. Lol

Bigsby is a lot of value, feel like he is a lot more versatile than people are giving credit for. I think he can do it all at the NFL level, may be a steal and gain us more value down the road. We basically have 3 starting RB's now.

(05-03-2023, 04:45 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Bigsby is a lot of value,  feel like he is a lot more versatile than people are giving credit for.  I think he can do it all at the NFL level,  may be a steal and gain us more value down the road.  We basically have 3 starting RB's now.

Yeah, he wasn't the top guy i wanted in the 3rd but he is a damn good back and a good value pick with the 88th pick.

I like this guy I just worry about our interior O line, and what we coulda possible done with this pick or the 2nd round pick rather than drafting backups.

I thought the pick was intriguing that early but when I saw the Cowboys draft Deuce Vaughn in the 6th round, my opinion is we swung too early and prioritized the wrong RB strength. Duece to me is like Darren Sproles which is perfect for Doug's system but I guess that's too comparable to ETN for us to double up on that type of player.

(05-03-2023, 04:45 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Bigsby is a lot of value,  feel like he is a lot more versatile than people are giving credit for.  I think he can do it all at the NFL level,  may be a steal and gain us more value down the road.  We basically have 3 starting RB's now.

Who is the 3rd?

(05-04-2023, 09:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Who is the 3rd?

D'Ernest

(05-04-2023, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 09:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Who is the 3rd?

D'Ernest

This guy?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p..._receiving

I'm not sure how anyone calls him a starting running back.  He's on a 1 year deal with only $50k guaranteed.  That's a "yeah we'll bring you in and see if you can make the team" deal, not a "you've definitely got a spot on this roster" type deal.  I wish him the best of luck like anyone else in the building or in the RB room, but he'll very likely be on the bubble when we cut to 53.

(05-04-2023, 01:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 11:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: D'Ernest

This guy?

I'm not sure how anyone calls him a starting running back.  He's on a 1 year deal with only $50k guaranteed.  That's a "yeah we'll bring you in and see if you can make the team" deal, not a "you've definitely got a spot on this roster" type deal.  I wish him the best of luck like anyone else in the building or in the RB room, but he'll very likely be on the bubble when we cut to 53.

Folks call him starting caliber because he has started games in the NFL and produced very well in those opportunities.

(05-04-2023, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 01:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: This guy?

Folks call him starting caliber because he has started games in the NFL and produced very well in those opportunities.

Yeah it (that he's a starter or he's very good depth) just seems to get mentioned a lot around here without any context.  That's pie in the sky thinking considering the contract and his mere 7 touches in 15 games last year.  Sure he played well 2 years ago over a small sample of games (3 impressive games to be precise), but that's a long time ago in RB years by the time the season rolls around.  Hope springs eternal I guess.  How many unhatched chickens we up to now?

Based on some of the above posts, I'm at the point that I'd be a little disappointed if Bigsby doesn't have a Barry Sanders type of career.

I agree. They said he’s like a Debo but RB first.