Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState

(04-29-2023, 09:22 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Strange days

Great film.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://youtu.be/AEBiEa9OaFc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(05-07-2023, 03:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: https://youtu.be/AEBiEa9OaFc

What kind of AI reading was that?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-07-2023, 09:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 03:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: https://youtu.be/AEBiEa9OaFc

What kind of AI reading was that?

I heard he is dating Alexa.

Bring on the 2 TE formations.

(08-24-2023, 05:14 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Bring on the 2 TE formations.

We ran a solid number of "12" last year.

But it only featured one real receiving threat at TE.
This year it will feature two.

(08-24-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I think with Trevor finally developing nicely this offense may resemble the Hernandez/Gronk style of offense in the grind it out games, it's a tough offense to stop with 4 legit receiving threats in a 12 personnel AND a great back like ETN. This offense should cause a lot of headaches and sleepless nights for defensive coordinators all season. The best part is if 12 personnel is getting stuffed/not working we have the fire power to switch it up mid game and spread a team out with our deep WR room. I don't see this offense NOT being a top 5-6 unit. Anything less would be a major let down imo.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 02:14 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-24-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They've been using a lot of "13" personnel this preseason. It's interesting because it forces opposing defenses to go bigger/base rather than stay in Nickel against 3 TE's lined up close to the Oline because otherwise they wont have the bodies or size upfront to control the line if our Offense wants to road grade with more blockers than defenders. 

It's also worth noting that when we use that package they motion or split Evan Engram out wayyyy wide, and opposing teams treat him like a WR. Having all these versatile pieces that can win against LB's and safeties but would probably struggle to seperate against a nickel is another tool to force defenses into bad matchups and then Trevor can go hurry up/no huddle to catch them in a bind. 

I think we're going to force quite a few time outs to try and slow us down or reset the matchups.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Our offense is going to be so killer as long as we stay healthy, hard to imagine.

(08-24-2023, 02:05 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We ran a solid number of "12" last year.

They've been using a lot of "13" personnel this preseason. It's interesting because it forces opposing defenses to go bigger/base rather than stay in Nickel against 3 TE's lined up close to the Oline because otherwise they wont have the bodies or size upfront to control the line if our Offense wants to road grade with more blockers than defenders. 

It's also worth noting that when we use that package they motion or split Evan Engram out wayyyy wide, and opposing teams treat him like a WR. Having all these versatile pieces that can win against LB's and safeties but would probably struggle to seperate against a nickel is another tool to force defenses into bad matchups and then Trevor can go hurry up/no huddle to catch them in a bind. 

I think we're going to force quite a few time outs to try and slow us down or reset the matchups.

Yes to all of that. Whether it's two TEs or 3. Similar concepts take shape. 

Those TEs lined up wide (they've done it with Strange and Prince as well) have been great in the run game.

Running outside zone to that side of the field - the wide TE gives the RB a great final block to turn the corner up the sideline if needed. 
It is SOOO refreshing to watch the creative play designs in the run and passing games from this staff and roster. 
Been way too long.

(08-24-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Our offense is going to be so killer as long as we stay healthy, hard to imagine.

Haven’t seen you around in a minute. Welcome back.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 03:36 PM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-24-2023, 03:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Our offense is going to be so killer as long as we stay healthy, hard to imagine.

Haven’t seen you around in a minute. Welcome back.

Yeah I disappear during the offseason, post maybe a bit around draft day, but mostly lurk. Ready for the season to start!

Same man. We've all been waiting so long to step into the new style NFL of offense and really put up some numbers. This year looks like the time has finally come.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Trent balke going into this years draft: hold my clown

(08-24-2023, 01:21 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We ran a solid number of "12" last year.

I think with Trevor finally developing nicely this offense may resemble the Hernandez/Gronk style of offense in the grind it out games, it's a tough offense to stop with 4 legit receiving threats in a 12 personnel AND a great back like ETN. This offense should cause a lot of headaches and sleepless nights for defensive coordinators all season. The best part is if 12 personnel is getting stuffed/not working we have the fire power to switch it up mid game and spread a team out with our deep WR room. I don't see this offense NOT being a top 5-6 unit. Anything less would be a major let down imo.

I think everyone's worry is the offensive line. If they are an issue, Jags may be forced into more 12 and 13 packages instead of spreading it out with 3 or 4 WR formations.

(08-25-2023, 11:04 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 01:21 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think with Trevor finally developing nicely this offense may resemble the Hernandez/Gronk style of offense in the grind it out games, it's a tough offense to stop with 4 legit receiving threats in a 12 personnel AND a great back like ETN. This offense should cause a lot of headaches and sleepless nights for defensive coordinators all season. The best part is if 12 personnel is getting stuffed/not working we have the fire power to switch it up mid game and spread a team out with our deep WR room. I don't see this offense NOT being a top 5-6 unit. Anything less would be a major let down imo.

I think everyone's worry is the offensive line. If they are an issue, Jags may be forced into more 12 and 13 packages instead of spreading it out with 3 or 4 WR formations.

Mainly the left interior.  I'm not concerned with our tackles or Scherff if he's healthy.  Fortner needs to play better this year as he was our weakest link on offense last year.  Backup pass rush amd health of our DTs is a concern

A whole 35 yards for the 2nd round draft pick in year 1

Worthless. Fire Baalke.

(01-08-2024, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A whole 35 yards for the 2nd round draft pick in year 1

Reeks of incompetence and a disconnect. Between the front office, scouting department and coaching staff. I touched on this already in this thread maybe or another thread. 

The amount of rookie TE's that came out of this draft class, both, before and after his selection? Fairly impressive outputs already. Including the pick we gave up to Buffalo for them to land Dalton Kincaid. 

Just opening up an old wound of mine now. The TE position is probably my favorite position in this sport. The fact that we missed so badly there in a loaded class just irks the [BLEEP] out of me. 

I would have killed for Buffalo's draft, Green Bay's draft, Detroit's draft or Houston's draft this year. Killed for it. They didn't knock every pick out of the park but they had some damn good ones early and late. 

We had fourteen [BLEEP] picks man. FOURTEEN. [BLEEP] it. I am out of this thread. LOL. Fixing to go on a damn Dan Hicken and Jeff Prosser rant if I don't.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."