Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState

Bust

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Our offense is going to be so killer as long as we stay healthy, hard to imagine.

This didn't age well.

(01-08-2024, 01:21 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Our offense is going to be so killer as long as we stay healthy, hard to imagine.

This didn't age well.

We stayed healthy? I think you were right, we just couldn't overcome the problems. Zay missed most of the year, the line was a MASH unit most weeks, and Trevor got plain beat up; just too much to get by.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 01:28 PM by Jaguar Warrior. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:21 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: This didn't age well.

We stayed healthy? I think you were right, we just couldn't overcome the problems. Zay missed most of the year, the line was a MASH unit most weeks, and Trevor got plain beat up; just too much to get by.

We weren't killer even when healthy. And actually, it doesn't matter, look at the Bills. Injured just as much if not worse and they won the division.

(01-08-2024, 01:27 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We stayed healthy? I think you were right, we just couldn't overcome the problems. Zay missed most of the year, the line was a MASH unit most weeks, and Trevor got plain beat up; just too much to get by.

We weren't killer even when healthy. And actually, it doesn't matter, look at the Bills. Injured just as much if not worse and they won the division.

Look at the Browns

(01-08-2024, 01:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:27 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: We weren't killer even when healthy. And actually, it doesn't matter, look at the Bills. Injured just as much if not worse and they won the division.

Look at the Browns

Not that much different than us, they have a much better defense. They won all of 2 more games than we did including beating us by 4 points in their stadium.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2024, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look at the Browns

Not that much different than us, they have a much better defense. They won all of 2 more games than we did including beating us by 4 points in their stadium.

Joe Flacco off the couch out played our generational qb lol

(01-08-2024, 01:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:27 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: We weren't killer even when healthy. And actually, it doesn't matter, look at the Bills. Injured just as much if not worse and they won the division.

Look at the Browns

With old man Flacco off the street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Two scenarios....

1) they thought he would be a versatile tight end that could be effective blocking and receiving but they missed on the scouting

2) they thought they had no other holes and could afford to use a second round pick on a niche position such as a blocking tight end

Either scenario is a problem

(01-08-2024, 02:26 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Two scenarios....

1) they thought he would be a versatile tight end that could be effective blocking and receiving but they missed on the scouting

2) they thought they had no other holes and could afford to use a second round pick on a niche position such as a blocking tight end

And that is why Baalke has to go. Anyone who would take a mediocre tight end when the team had much greater needs on the interior of the offensive line (Torrence had a solid year) does not deserve to be a G.M.

Yeah the production just wasn’t there at all unfortunately.

A Chad Muma-esque rookie year
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-08-2024, 01:56 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not that much different than us, they have a much better defense. They won all of 2 more games than we did including beating us by 4 points in their stadium.

Joe Flacco off the couch out played our generational qb lol

[BLEEP] crazy how having a top 5 oline and the best defense in League helps, right?

(01-08-2024, 02:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:26 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Two scenarios....

And that is why Baalke has to go. Anyone who would take a mediocre tight end when the team had much greater needs on the interior of the offensive line (Torrence had a solid year) does not deserve to be a G.M.

This, if we had taken O’Cyrus Torrence and Dawand Jones rather than Brenton Strange and Tank Bigsby, we would have absolutely won the division and likely made a deep playoff run. The worst part is that almost everyone on this board wanted to do just that.

(01-08-2024, 02:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:56 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Joe Flacco off the couch out played our generational qb lol

[BLEEP] crazy how having a top 5 oline and the best defense in League helps, right?

Yeah, we were 8-3 with a defense that had 25 takeaways and when the free possesions stopped rolling in, Trevor couldn't win.

(01-08-2024, 03:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [BLEEP] crazy how having a top 5 oline and the best defense in League helps, right?

Yeah, we were 8-3 with a defense that had 25 takeaways and when the free possesions stopped rolling in, Trevor couldn't win.

And then suddenly Trevor was scoring more than enough points to win but the defense became Charmin soft and couldn't stop even you from gaining 5 yards a carry. Don't forget that "Old Man Flacco" torched those guys for 300+ and 3 Tuddies.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 03:08 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 02:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:56 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Joe Flacco off the couch out played our generational qb lol

Jags allowed 20 or more points in 6 of their final 7 games. Only time they didn't was against the Panthers in week 17. They allowed 28 or more points to Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Baker Mayfield and Ryan Tannehill.

Jags offense scored 20 or more in 6 of 8 games to end the season.

(01-08-2024, 03:00 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: And that is why Baalke has to go. Anyone who would take a mediocre tight end when the team had much greater needs on the interior of the offensive line (Torrence had a solid year) does not deserve to be a G.M.

This, if we had taken O’Cyrus Torrence and Dawand Jones rather than Brenton Strange and Tank Bigsby, we would have absolutely won the division and likely made a deep playoff run. The worst part is that almost everyone on this board wanted to do just that.

I expect more LBs, RBs and DBs in the first few rounds if Baalke stays.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-08-2024, 03:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 03:01 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yeah, we were 8-3 with a defense that had 25 takeaways and when the free possesions stopped rolling in, Trevor couldn't win.

And then suddenly Trevor was scoring more than enough points to win but the defense became Charmin soft and couldn't stop even you from gaining 5 yards a carry. Don't forget that "Old Man Flacco" torched those guys for 300+ and 3 Tuddies.

Exactly. This team failed down the stretch to put enough complete football games together, or, as Doug likes to say, "Complimentary Football". They played their Superbowl during the road win in Houston. That was it for them after that win. 

This defense let Browning & Flacco pick them apart. If you can get one of those games back as a win, we were the divisional winner last week. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It's all over now but the crying.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 03:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 03:00 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: This, if we had taken O’Cyrus Torrence and Dawand Jones rather than Brenton Strange and Tank Bigsby, we would have absolutely won the division and likely made a deep playoff run. The worst part is that almost everyone on this board wanted to do just that.

I expect more LBs, RBs and DBs in the first few rounds if Baalke stays.

Ugh

If this happens it will be the second time in Jags history that I tune out for a while. 

2002 was the last time I checked out for a season. I was over it with the TC power struggle and his wanting to be HC/GM/OC all at once. 

If Baalke and co. don't fix the OL this offseason I'll check out again. I'm over it.

(01-08-2024, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 03:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I expect more LBs, RBs and DBs in the first few rounds if Baalke stays.

Ugh

If this happens it will be the second time in Jags history that I tune out for a while. 

2002 was the last time I checked out for a season. I was over it with the TC power struggle and his wanting to be HC/GM/OC all at once. 

If Baalke and co. don't fix the OL this offseason I'll check out again. I'm over it.
It's been so bad that I think you see something like the Chiefs did with their interior last year. They completely changed the interior and I actually think the Jags tackles are better than the Chiefs.

Now if they don't? And they roll out Fortner, Scherff and whoever at LG? They're cooked.