Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pick No 61. Brenton Strange TE , PennState

(01-08-2024, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 03:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ugh

If this happens it will be the second time in Jags history that I tune out for a while. 

2002 was the last time I checked out for a season. I was over it with the TC power struggle and his wanting to be HC/GM/OC all at once. 

If Baalke and co. don't fix the OL this offseason I'll check out again. I'm over it.
It's been so bad that I think you see something like the Chiefs did with their interior last year. They completely changed the interior and I actually think the Jags tackles are better than the Chiefs.

Now if they don't? And they roll out Fortner, Scherff and whoever at LG? They're cooked.

Cut Sherff, give half the savings to Cleveland and the other half to Robert Hunt from the Phins. Cut Robinson and sign Jon Feliciano from San Fran to play center.

Little - Cleveland - Feliciano - Hunt - Harrison
Draft pick tackle (Swing this year), Tug Boat, Fortner, Draft Pick IOL (future C)

Instantly they are somewhere between 15 and 20 in line rankings and likely save cap dollars to do it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's been so bad that I think you see something like the Chiefs did with their interior last year. They completely changed the interior and I actually think the Jags tackles are better than the Chiefs.

Now if they don't? And they roll out Fortner, Scherff and whoever at LG? They're cooked.

Cut Sherff, give half the savings to Cleveland and the other half to Robert Hunt from the Phins. Cut Robinson and sign Jon Feliciano from San Fran to play center.

Draft pick tackle (Swing this year), Tug Boat, Fortner, Draft Pick IOL (future C)

Instantly they are somewhere between 15 and 20 in line rankings and likely save cap dollars to do it.

I think they can accomplish that with restructuring Cam's contract instead of outright cutting him. Maybe not those exact players but cutting Scherff and restructure Cam would be enough to get Cleveland + starting Center + starting Guard. First year cap hit for all three would be reasonable.
I know some will scoff at rewarding Cam, but its the nature of the business

(01-08-2024, 04:30 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Cut Sherff, give half the savings to Cleveland and the other half to Robert Hunt from the Phins. Cut Robinson and sign Jon Feliciano from San Fran to play center.

I think they can accomplish that with restructuring Cam's contract instead of outright cutting him. Maybe not those exact players but cutting Scherff and restructure Cam would be enough to get Cleveland + starting Center + starting Guard. First year cap hit for all three would be reasonable.
I know some will scoff at rewarding Cam, but its the nature of the business

Cam's going to be on the last year of his deal, so the only way to restructure would be to extend and I don't see us doing that. He probably wants to go to the market so he can score another large deal and it's likely he would.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2024, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's been so bad that I think you see something like the Chiefs did with their interior last year. They completely changed the interior and I actually think the Jags tackles are better than the Chiefs.

Cleveland sucks, he won't be back