Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Round 7 - Derek Parish - FB

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 02:01 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Doug said he offers versatility. Parish will be converted to FB from DE. Talking about him playing FB, lining up as a 3rd TE, coming out of the backfield. And of course can play special teams.

Welcome to Duval.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 06:17 PM by D6.)

(04-30-2023, 01:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Doug said he offers versatility. Parish will be converted to FB from DE. Talking about him playing FB, lining up as a 3rd TE, coming out of the backfield. And of course can play special teams.

Welcome to Duval.

If Derek Parish gets caught in a numbers game this summer, as he makes the transition to Offense, Parish likely will be a High Priority Practice Squad attempted signing by the Jaguars (assuming he clears waivers).  This amount of versatility, including being able to play on the Edge on Defense in a pinch, would save one or two Game Day roster spots.

(04-30-2023, 06:17 PM)D6 Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 01:40 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Doug said he offers versatility. Parish will be converted to FB from DE. Talking about him playing FB, lining up as a 3rd TE, coming out of the backfield. And of course can play special teams.

Welcome to Duval.

If Derek Parish gets caught in a numbers game this summer, as he makes the transition to Offense, Parish likely will be a High Priority Practice Squad attempted signing by the Jaguars (assuming he clears waivers).  This amount of versatility, including being able to play on the Edge on Defense in a pinch, would save one or two Game Day roster spots.

I doubt he'll be as effective as Ohtani in playing two positions. In fact, he'll probably be a liability at Edge.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-30-2023, 10:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 06:17 PM)D6 Wrote: If Derek Parish gets caught in a numbers game this summer, as he makes the transition to Offense, Parish likely will be a High Priority Practice Squad attempted signing by the Jaguars (assuming he clears waivers).  This amount of versatility, including being able to play on the Edge on Defense in a pinch, would save one or two Game Day roster spots.

I doubt he'll be as effective as Ohtani in playing two positions. In fact, he'll probably be a liability at Edge.

Derek Parish probably won't be an asset on Edge on the NFL level, especially if he doesn't get a significant amount of practice time on the Edge.  Having him on the Game Day roster though would provide the Jaguars or whatever other team(s) he might eventually end up with, an experienced option on the Edge for the remainder of a game, if injuries deplete that position unit.

Right now he’s a full back per what was said in the press conference.

I think Parish makes the team because of his size, strength and speed. There is a reason why we didn't draft another TE outside of Strange and pick-up another veteran in free agency this off season. They're planning on using three active TE's more than likely with an active FB.

He's going to be one of the fun newcomers to watch this summer.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-01-2023, 01:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think Parish makes the team because of his size, strength and speed. There is a reason why we didn't draft another TE outside of Strange and pick-up another veteran in free agency this off season. They're planning on using three active TE's more than likely with an active FB.

He's going to be one of the fun newcomers to watch this summer.

Still several free agent TEs out there to be signed, but it would be awesome if this kid proves useful the way you see it.

Parrish's Pro Day stats:
40 yard Dash: 4.56
10-yard: 1.6
20-yard: 2.6
20 shuttle: 4.09
3-cone: 6.76
Broad: 9'10"
Bench: 27
Verticle: 37"

RAS Percentile
Edge: 9.26, Top 7
RB: 9.76, Top 4
TE: 9.28 Top 8
LB: 9.71 Top 6
FB 9.97 Number 1

Parrish also said he would be willing to be a Long Snapper if necessary to make the team. He was also a team captain. I'm excited to see what we do with this guy.

This Round 7 pick (#240) is not making the team. Every team needs a Tebow-type in their training camp so this is our 2023 version.

Living legend. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jagu...QTXMZCtZh4
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

While learning a fullback role, I predict this guy will be a special teams demon. Will it be enough to earn him a spot on the 53 roster? ....we shall see.

This was certainly not a sexy draft. But I think if they hit on several of these guys, it’s going to turn out to of been an affective draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

I will be rooting for this young man.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(05-08-2023, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/UpAndAdamsShow/statu...97985?s=20

Nice.

Our missing piece since Greg Jones

(05-01-2023, 06:49 PM)Dimson Wrote: Living legend.  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jagu...37653.html

New Greg. New Greg? New Greg!

LETS GO NEW GREG

7th Round FB.

Hope he had a good GPA in college. If I had any advice to give to this guy, I'd tell him to update his resume and LinkedIn page because he'll be needing it by late August.

(05-09-2023, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 7th Round FB. 

Hope he had a good GPA in college. If I had any advice to give to this guy, I'd tell him to update his resume and LinkedIn page because he'll be needing it by late August.

you make it sound like he has an MFA