Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Trump good for the GOP?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.93%
7 25.93%
No
40.74%
11 40.74%
Not ideal, but might be the best chance to be voted in
7.41%
2 7.41%
I wish they'd focus on a less polarizing candidate
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TRUMP: Good for the GOP? Or, nah?

(05-10-2023, 11:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 10:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Meh, another failed witch hunt.

Trump didn't rape me either, can I also get five million please? Laughing

Yes, all you have to do is convince a jury to unanimously decide that he did in fact sexually assault, attack, and defame you.

Sweet, no sweat. I will probably have as much proof for my case as she did hers. Laughing Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're so screwed as a society ...

* Mass Shootings
* Trump liable for sex abuse
* Biden lying about knowledge son's illegal actions
* Hunter Biden is a criminal
* George Santos ... where do I even start
* Kamala Harris not doing anything
* Title 49 ending - looming disaster in the works.
* Far Right and Far Left idiots taking over
* People in HS not sure which bathroom to use

Thank God for Netflix, AppleTV, Starz, Peacock, Hulu, YoutubeTV .....

(05-10-2023, 11:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We're so screwed as a society ...

* Mass Shootings

...and sailing catamarans surrounded by crystal clear azure colored waters, sunsets, and private beaches far from any of it. You could add Starlink in their as well.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

* Mass Shootings

Well, you and the rest of the Bidiots can share the blame..

Elections carry consequences..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2023, 12:41 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-10-2023, 11:40 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

* Mass Shootings

...and sailing catamarans surrounded by crystal clear azure colored waters, sunsets, and private beaches far from any of it. You could add Starlink in their as well.

While I do live on the coast, east of A1A, the world you describe above is quite foreign to me.  I feel like the little kid on the Expedia (Jamaica) commercial asking what's the ocean like. 

(05-10-2023, 11:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

* Mass Shootings

Well, you and the rest of the Bidiots can share the blame..

What?  The last 6 years have been a disaster and look at our choices in last years election, [BLEEP] dumb and dumber.  It's like asking someone how they'd rather die, injection or electrocution, there's not really a good choice there.

(05-10-2023, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 11:40 AM)Jagwired Wrote: ...and sailing catamarans surrounded by crystal clear azure colored waters, sunsets, and private beaches far from any of it. You could add Starlink in their as well.

While I do live on the coast, east of A1A, the world you describe above is quite foreign to me.  I feel like the little kid on the Expedia (Jamaica) commercial asking what's the ocean like. 

(05-10-2023, 11:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Well, you and the rest of the Bidiots can share the blame..

What?  The last 6 years have been a disaster and look at our choices in last years election, [BLEEP] dumb and dumber.  It's like asking someone how they'd rather die, injection or electrocution, there's not really a good choice there.

No, the last 3 years have been a disaster and nobody is buying your [BLEEP] but your own ilk..

I voted "Yes". He won't be around for much longer but I like his no filter, no nonsense, off the cuff remarks in the public spotlight and amongst his peers. These last few generations have become softer than baby [BLEEP]. Do I think he's the best candidate ever? No. Do I think he's the best candidate from this cesspool from both parties? Absolutely.

I never voted for him though. He will get my vote next year if he runs though. I am tired of the lunacy. I am tired of the rhetoric from the "left". Both parties need massive overhauls and they need to dig deep to find candidates worthy of being President. Trump is going to win this because he can use Covid as a scapegoat and point to Biden's blatant mistakes he's made since his departure from office.

If he can fix inflation and somewhat normalize the geopolitical arena? He's worth the vote. Biden had no business being in office to begin with though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-10-2023, 02:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: While I do live on the coast, east of A1A, the world you describe above is quite foreign to me.  I feel like the little kid on the Expedia (Jamaica) commercial asking what's the ocean like. 

No, the last 3 years have been a disaster and nobody is buying your [BLEEP] but your own ilk..

At least you are man enough to admit Trump's final year in office was a disaster !!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 10:29 AM by mikesez.)

(05-10-2023, 04:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I voted "Yes". He won't be around for much longer but I like his no filter, no nonsense, off the cuff remarks in the public spotlight and amongst his peers. These last few generations have become softer than baby [BLEEP]. Do I think he's the best candidate ever? No. Do I think he's the best candidate from this cesspool from both parties? Absolutely.

I never voted for him though. He will get my vote next year if he runs though. I am tired of the lunacy. I am tired of the rhetoric from the "left". Both parties need massive overhauls and they need to dig deep to find candidates worthy of being President. Trump is going to win this because he can use Covid as a scapegoat and point to Biden's blatant mistakes he's made since his departure from office.

If he can fix inflation and somewhat normalize the geopolitical arena? He's worth the vote. Biden had no business being in office to begin with though.

I see sentences, but I'm not getting any coherent thoughts.
When were we not softer than baby [BLEEP]?
What type of rhetoric did Presidents use in those days?  Was it more like Trump's rhetoric or more like Biden's?
Obviously it was more like Biden's.   No other President has had rhetoric like Trump. But is that relevant?
No. The hardening and softening of our psyche has nothing to do with the argument style of our political leaders.  It has everything to do with the difficulties we are facing and have recently faced.  If you want us to harden up, you are asking for hard times.  Yet you contradict yourself.  You hope Trump can lower inflation and reduce the chances of war.  Those are good things to hope for, but we will only get softer if we get these things.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 10:35 AM by WingerDinger.)

(05-11-2023, 10:28 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 04:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I voted "Yes". He won't be around for much longer but I like his no filter, no nonsense, off the cuff remarks in the public spotlight and amongst his peers. These last few generations have become softer than baby [BLEEP]. Do I think he's the best candidate ever? No. Do I think he's the best candidate from this cesspool from both parties? Absolutely.

I see sentences, but I'm not getting any coherent thoughts.
What type of rhetoric did Presidents use in those days?  Was it more like Trump's rhetoric or more like Biden's?
Obviously it was more like Biden's.   No other President has had rhetoric like Trump. But is that relevant?
No. The hardening and softening of our psyche has nothing to do with the argument style of our political leaders.  It has everything to do with the difficulties we are facing and have recently faced.  If you want us to harden up, you are asking for hard times.  Yet you contradict yourself.  You hope Trump can lower inflation and reduce the chances of war.  Those are good things to hope for, but we will only get softer if we get these things.

Information that people hate hearing = Rhetoric

(05-11-2023, 10:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 10:28 AM)mikesez Wrote: I see sentences, but I'm not getting any coherent thoughts.

Information that people hate hearing = Rhetoric

Rhetoric is a generic term.  It could be stuff you want to hear, or not.

What a stupid question, really.. President Trump is a top 5 American President of all time. The question should be , Why are so many Americans ignorant about the greatness of President Trump…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I like Chris Christie or someone like that.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 09:19 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like RFK Jr.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Whoever it is has to come from the outside. That's my biggest criteria. If the establishment doesn't hate them, I don't like them.

(05-12-2023, 12:01 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I like Chris Christie or someone like that.

Agree.  There's always going to be some baggage with every candidate (such as shutting the toll lanes down with Christie) but he seemed like a reasonable straight shooter to me.  He also has the common sense and logic to know exactly how far to go when opposing a topic that Trump favors.

I think Nikki Haley could be a good candidate but I don't really know enough about her right now.

Interesting stuff from Christie on Trump in the YouTube link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhztrZdd0dE

https://twitter.com/jaynordlinger/status...30304?s=20

(05-12-2023, 02:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Whoever it is has to come from the outside. That's my biggest criteria. If the establishment doesn't hate them, I don't like them.

Why do you want your countrymen to be filled with hate before you'll join with anyone?
That's backwards man.  Elections are supposed to bring most of the people together.

(06-25-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting stuff from Christie on Trump in the YouTube link here:

Christie's candor has to be appreciated because not only does he denounce Trump, but he does so with context and explanation. He isn't throwing barbs. He's reasoning justifiably. This is the tact that will succeed most in turning Trump's supporters to another candidate.

(06-25-2023, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting stuff from Christie on Trump in the YouTube link here:

Comment section is undefeated as usual.

https://twitter.com/HappyCamper2626/stat...8616717318