Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Is Trump good for the GOP?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.93%
7 25.93%
No
40.74%
11 40.74%
Not ideal, but might be the best chance to be voted in
7.41%
2 7.41%
I wish they'd focus on a less polarizing candidate
25.93%
7 25.93%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TRUMP: Good for the GOP? Or, nah?

(05-12-2023, 02:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Whoever it is has to come from the outside. That's my biggest criteria. If the establishment doesn't hate them, I don't like them.

Could you find someone that the "establishment" hates who isn't a complete dumb [BLEEP] this time?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2023, 11:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 10:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Meh, another failed witch hunt.

Trump didn't rape me either, can I also get five million please? Laughing

Yes, all you have to do is convince a jury to unanimously decide that he did in fact sexually assault, attack, and defame you.

No kidding.  Even OJ was able to get 1 or more jurors to vote that he didn't kill Ron and Nicole.  The bar to get 1 person to vote in your defense if you even have an ounce of innocence (and sometimes not even an ounce of innocence) is not very high.

(06-26-2023, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 02:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Whoever it is has to come from the outside. That's my biggest criteria. If the establishment doesn't hate them, I don't like them.

Could you find someone that the "establishment" hates who isn't a complete dumb [BLEEP] this time?

That’s not fair.  The establishment loved Joe and he is most definitely a complete dumb [BLEEP].
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-26-2023, 01:58 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could you find someone that the "establishment" hates who isn't a complete dumb [BLEEP] this time?

That’s not fair.  The establishment loved Joe and he is most definitely a complete dumb [BLEEP].

Joe is much worse than dumb.. I'd call him something else, but don’t want to offend people with actual down syndrome..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-26-2023, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Wouldn't matter. By the time corporate media got done with them, you'd think they were crazy, even if they aren't.

(06-26-2023, 05:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 11:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Could you find someone that the "establishment" hates who isn't a complete dumb [BLEEP] this time?

Wouldn't matter. By the time corporate media got done with them, you'd think they were crazy, even if they aren't.

Listen to yourself.
It's not about the candidate.
Its about your disdain for most Americans, that you say is due to their ignorance and naivete, but more broadly it's due to them not believing the things you want them to believe.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

So deep. So wrong.

Here's a fun little clip for you on Trump's track record of appointees:

https://twitter.com/ReallyAmerican1/stat...59744?s=20

You expect us to listen to ANYTHING Teddy has to say?!?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

[BLEEP] that [BLEEP].. That guy's a [BLEEP] a piece of human feces.

(07-12-2023, 02:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You expect us to listen to ANYTHING Teddy has to say?!?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Everything spoken in the clip is under oath and 100% factual. 

To answer your question, no. I do not expect several of the regulars hear to believe facts. 
It's abundantly clear many of you prefer an alternate reality of conspiracy theory, outright lies and propaganda. 
I don't expect to change that, but I don't mind sprinkling some truth into the convo from time to time whether it falls on deaf ears or not.

(07-12-2023, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 02:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You expect us to listen to ANYTHING Teddy has to say?!?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Everything spoken in the clip is under oath and 100% factual. 

To answer your question, no. I do not expect several of the regulars hear to believe facts. 
It's abundantly clear many of you prefer an alternate reality of conspiracy theory, outright lies and propaganda. 
I don't expect to change that, but I don't mind sprinkling some truth into the convo from time to time whether it falls on deaf ears or not.

Your facts are garbage just like Teddy and your state of mind.

(07-12-2023, 03:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Everything spoken in the clip is under oath and 100% factual. 

Your facts are garbage just like Teddy and your state of mind.

They aren't 'my' facts.
Just facts.

Facts = Garbage  is a crystalline snapshot of the mindset of many conservatives these days, unfortunately.

Thanks for making that even more apparent, I guess. Was kinda' my point.

It's 100% true that the Swamp railroaded several Trump associates.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2023, 03:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's 100% true that the Swamp that Trump created railroaded several Trump associates.

fixed

(07-12-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Your facts are garbage just like Teddy and your state of mind.

They aren't 'my' facts.
Just facts.

Facts = Garbage  is a crystalline snapshot of the mindset of many conservatives these days, unfortunately.

Yes, NYC why do you continue to post proven facts that can be substantiated on this board.  Isn't that against the Code of Conduct

(07-12-2023, 05:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They aren't 'my' facts.
Just facts.

Yes, NYC why do you continue to post proven facts that can be substantiated on this board.  Isn't that against the Code of Conduct

I figured calling children "sexy" would be more against CoC than what I did..

"Show me the man, I'll show you the crime" isn't just a Russian axiom.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The problem is that there are people who are really good at twisting facts. America has perfected this artform. I believe everyone here would agree that a fact, by itself, doesn't always paint the whole picture. Yet, in politics, far too many of us are comfortable picking out snippets of information out of a line up and using it to support our beliefs. It really is interesting how much "belief" there is behind our arguments. I think we are all subject to illusory truth effect, but the left is particularly good at trotting this out in political discourse.

I think most conservatives here secretly blame Trump for not cleaning the swamp. The rabid supporters say there is nothing he could do, and there may be some truth to it. I honestly don't know how you find "qualified" experts who are not firmly entrenched in the establishment. Outsiders are rarely qualified. It's a lose-lose situation. Even still, Trump made that promise and didn't deliver. I don't have a problem blaming him for it.

I sure am glad none of my political views are leading me down a path of trying to diminish the integrity of "truth" and "facts" like so many on the right these days. It must be exhausting trying to spin that [BLEEP].

Instead I merely have to eschew baseless conspiracy theories, lies, and propaganda. Which are currently ever-present and easy to dismiss with well, you know, facts.

We could go on for days listing all the despicable things Trump has done over the past ten years, but I think the most deplorable thing of them all was that he campaigned so hard to convince 10's of millions of conservative voters that facts and truth don't matter and they could simply adopt "alternate facts" which he had by the boatload, ready to serve up.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2023, 08:04 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-12-2023, 07:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The problem is that there are people who are really good at twisting facts. America has perfected this artform. I believe everyone here would agree that a fact, by itself, doesn't always paint the whole picture. Yet, in politics, far too many of us are comfortable picking out snippets of information out of a line up and using it to support our beliefs. It really is interesting how much "belief" there is behind our arguments. I think we are all subject to illusory truth effect, but the left is particularly good at trotting this out in political discourse.

I think most conservatives here secretly blame Trump for not cleaning the swamp. The rabid supporters say there is nothing he could do, and there may be some truth to it. I honestly don't know how you find "qualified" experts who are not firmly entrenched in the establishment. Outsiders are rarely qualified. It's a lose-lose situation. Even still, Trump made that promise and didn't deliver. I don't have a problem blaming him for it.

Twisting and excluding facts is not a new problem.
It's why we have defense lawyers and juries.
We should try to withhold the worst judgement until things are heard in court, innocent until proven guilty, and only after you have the chance to present evidence from your side.
That's usually the rule, for ordinary people with ordinary roles in society.
But if we are going to elevate someone to a high role, it should be someone with no hint of wrongdoing, if such a person is available.  Otherwise, it should be the person with the least hint of wrongdoing.

And if one of the choices has been indicted by lawyers he himself appointed, there will be many better choices.  
I applaud you for being able to blame Trump for his own failures, but you're still insisting that Christopher Wray has investigated and indicted Trump for partisan or otherwise corrupt reasons.  Here's the part I don't get: why would Wrsy do that? What could Trump do with another term as President, that you want him to do, but someone like Wray doesn't want him to do?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.